New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT RUN FOR YOUR MONEY  (Read 40629 times)

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
Re: IGT RUN FOR YOUR MONEY
« Reply #160 on: July 30, 2017, 05:32:45 AM »
the saga continues - sorry - installing the jumper - no effect - tried both IO boards - same - COIN IN JAM.
Both boards are part no 75427801 code 100973 (the boards mounted on door light panel) - the board mounted on side of CPU compartment has no labels on it. 
Did NOT try a clear again. 

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #161 on: July 30, 2017, 06:01:05 AM »
To quote a sage old line from Galaxy Quest.
"never give up, never surrender".
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #162 on: July 30, 2017, 06:57:38 AM »
One more time are they known good IO cards!! or is it just the stuff you got with the machine and unknown?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #163 on: July 30, 2017, 07:16:21 AM »
801 cards are cheap, talk to one of the sellers
Could be MPU, but you said Spin tested it. I assume you inspected the socket at the bottom of the IO card slot and the door harness where it plugs into the motherboard. Keep in mind IO cards are VERY static sensitive and any kind of short in the circuit or anything connected to that IO card can cause a failure.

Offline GOS

• GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #164 on: July 30, 2017, 08:13:03 AM »
came with the machine - so far every major component has had issues - I have seen machines at auction where sellers purposely stuffed bad boards in a machine but based on what i see - the departed owner pulled his hair out as well - tracing down wiring etc.  I have a spare mother board which I haven't tried - (did swap out the eeprom).   Got a call into spin as i have problems with repairs in the past.  Thank you all

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #165 on: August 01, 2017, 04:35:26 AM »
SPIN has control - they are checking out ALL the components (some again) the cpu - the monitor - the IO cards - AND the backplane board.
Thank you for CONDENSING the posts _ HOPEFULLY - SPIN will resolve this issue and my next post will be my last on this one.  Thank you all for your patience - I learned a  lot about S2000 - and hope the solutions posted here - will help others solve their issues with these "not so home friendly"  machines.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #166 on: August 04, 2017, 03:53:46 AM »
saga continues - sorry - SPIN found nothing wrong with the boards (io - backplane etc)
since the coin in jam seems to be caused by the wiring from the coin handling (the jumper) I will trace all the wires back to the backplane - maybe there is a break in a wire.   

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #167 on: August 04, 2017, 07:23:55 AM »
checked wiring from the comparitor harness (15 pin molex) to the IO board amp harness - from the output harness from the io board back to the backplane harness - all wiring is good. 

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #168 on: August 04, 2017, 08:20:21 AM »
Have you looked at the socket fornthe door IO card to be sure there are no issues there? Tried the bypass plug on the comparitor harness machine side? If all boards are good and wiring is good I guess I'm out of ideas. You might try unplugging reel backlighting from the IO card on the MPU housing if the machine has that lighting, then restart it. Pull the hopper out and restart it. Unplug credit display and restart. Unplug VFD and restart

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #169 on: August 04, 2017, 08:24:58 AM »
amp plug on the io card no issues - yes i have the jumper on the machine side of the comparitor harness - haven't tried unplugging various devices - will do so when I get boards back from spin - the assumption i took is that the coin in jam error has to be a board or wiring issue - since the boards are good - i chased the wiring from the comparitor harness thru the io board - back to the backplane board. 

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #170 on: August 04, 2017, 10:28:35 AM »
Yeah, I'm wondering about a connected component being weak or bad

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #171 on: August 04, 2017, 10:46:08 AM »
Might be good to work at this from a different way. Try each component from this bad machine one at a time in another known good machine to prove that each component of this bad machine is ok. You might have more than one component acting up, or a compatibility issue between two components. At least you'd prove what is good instead of trying to find what is bad. That would narrow down the list of what part is the cause of the problem.

Also, don't assume anything, prove for a fact what is good. Assumptions are what lead to frustrating and time-consuming deadends.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #172 on: August 04, 2017, 11:42:00 AM »
spin put all the components into their machine and it worked - so there has to be an issue with the wiring.  I checked the coin handling as mentioned.   I am waiting for the parts to come back for one last fire up.  i hate to give up - I like challenges but I think I have  to throw in the towel.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #173 on: August 04, 2017, 12:31:11 PM »
Have you been able to try an MPU that's newer than the game software? Maybe your MPU's just weren't built to handle that software

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #174 on: August 04, 2017, 12:49:39 PM »
spin checked out all the boards and they are compatible and worked for them

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #175 on: August 04, 2017, 02:16:16 PM »
Ok, wasn't sure if they tried them in a vision machine, butbI assume they tried them with your chipset so it would need to have been a vision

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #176 on: August 04, 2017, 02:16:55 PM »
It already took one life, don't risk another

Offline ianmcneil68

• Reputation Power: 48
  • ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #177 on: August 04, 2017, 02:41:56 PM »
This is driving me crazy. I had this issue (the buttons not working after key) awhile back. I just, for the life of me, can't remember how I fixed it. Hell, I can't even remember which machine it was. My brain hurts from trying.  :banghead:  I've only been on this site for a year or so but I can't remember an issue not being somehow figured out. It's definitely not for a lack of effort and I know a lot of us just wish we could get our hands on this thing. That's what I think it needs is someone in front of it with other working machines and a pile of spare parts.
My job keeps interfering with my hobbies.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #178 on: August 04, 2017, 02:59:31 PM »
This is the only vision game I have ever seen - have worked on s2000 and igames - so i didn't think a vision would be such a challenge - compounding the issue was the number of component failures (power supplies) - Craig as Spin was a great help - he too had no solution.  Machine did not come with any good vibes - the owner passed away - hope that isn't an omen.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #179 on: August 04, 2017, 03:04:31 PM »
Worst case, you might be able to dump all the vision componants and run it standard S2000

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal