New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 Enhanced Board price?  (Read 4380 times)

Offline Caliwebman

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Caliwebman New User has no influence.
    • Spiritual Evolution
S2000 Enhanced Board price?
« on: March 24, 2018, 11:02:57 AM »
Hey all, I have the never ending netplex is down error and my white ice machine and have tried everything and now am giving into the fact that it MUST be the board. As such I am in the market for a new board....  and wondering if any of you guys can beat this price I found on ebay which is $89 for:

S2000 Enhanced MPU Board 75511273 Replaces 75511270 + Enhanced Memory Board

You can see the board at https://www.ebay.com/i/162926723013?chn=ps&dispItem=1

Let me know if anyone has better deals please!

Scott

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 137
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S2000 Enhanced Board price?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 11:40:26 AM »
Netplex down is usually the power supply, have you checked to be sure it is seated and the thumb screw is tight.  I've had this issue before in cold conditions and the error would clear after a minute or so.
Also if you're changing from a 502/504 board to an enhanced board you will need to change motherboard too.
Bob
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 02:02:48 PM by rjpohl »

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 11:49:51 AM »
Hey all, I have the never ending netplex is down error and my white ice machine and have tried everything and now am giving into the fact that it MUST be the board. As such I am in the market for a new board....  and wondering if any of you guys can beat this price I found on ebay which is $89 for:

Scott

That's my ebay auction. So off ebay I can beat my own price.

If the red LED light is flashing the most common problem is the Varta battery is dead and should be taken out of the system. If the Varta and the chip at U16 is already removed then most likely the board needs replaced.

If solid then power supply is usually the issue.

Offline markb7605

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 01:35:33 PM »
rjpohl i changed from a 502 to a 504 and works great and didnt change the mother board. 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 02:11:38 PM by markb7605 »
Thank You
  Mark

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 01:50:04 PM »
rjpohl i changed from a 502 to a 504 and works great and didnt change the mother board. why do you have to change

That is not what he was saying.  He means that changing from 502 or 504 to an enhanced board you also need to change to enhanced motherboard too.

Offline markb7605

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2018, 01:59:46 PM »
i know You don't have to but the way its worded could have cost someone that dose'nt know money they didn't have to spend
Thank You
  Mark

Offline Caliwebman

• Spiritual Evolution
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 05:47:56 PM »
Thanks RJ, I tested the PS and it was fine, even swapped out for one that is working in another machine, no change. I also have let it heat up for a long while, no help. Current board is the 040 1270 board.

Thanks for the tips Bob!

Scott

Netplex down is usually the power supply, have you checked to be sure it is seated and the thumb screw is tight.  I've had this issue before in cold conditions and the error would clear after a minute or so.
Also if you're changing from a 502/504 board to an enhanced board you will need to change motherboard too.
Bob

Offline Caliwebman

• Spiritual Evolution
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2018, 05:55:38 PM »
Hey Ken, so what price are we talking for the 1273 board on ebay? Also, I have a constant red light, same with all the lights, they are all constant at all times. Yet I have already tried with 2 working PS and no help. The Varta tested fine on the multi meter but I changed it out anyways, still no help. So ken, if I were to buy your 1273 board would I need a new MB? Current board is an S2000  MTHRBRD Enhanced .

Thanks,
Scott

Scott

That's my ebay auction. So off ebay I can beat my own price.

If the red LED light is flashing the most common problem is the Varta battery is dead and should be taken out of the system. If the Varta and the chip at U16 is already removed then most likely the board needs replaced.

If solid then power supply is usually the issue.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2018, 06:43:23 PM »
Before I would do anything I would remove the varta battery and U16 to see if the problem goes away. That tattle tell system causes problems in S2000 machines that are used in the home which isn't used or needed.

If you have had any eproms out of their sockets I would check to make sure they are in correctly and no bent pins.

If you currently have a 1270 MPU board then any 127x board will work with the current S2000 enhanced motherboard.

I understand what Bob is saying that if you switched to the 50x board then you would also then have to change the motherboard too. Which isn't the case here.

PM sent.

Offline Caliwebman

• Spiritual Evolution
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2018, 07:36:28 PM »
btw. here is current board.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2018, 08:18:32 PM »
 I would remove the varta battery and U16 (close to the battery) to see if the problem goes away.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2018, 09:13:18 PM »
Scott,    looking at your board and comparing it to boards I have, it appears that you are missing some chips, Now, I don"t know for sure if they are needed,  but every board  I own has these chips installed.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2018, 10:54:01 PM »
Your pic is blurry. I don't see any chips missing but it is missing a bunch of screws & the guide between the two mother board connectors. With that being said, I would inspect the pins in those connectors to see if any are bent. It appears your DSP chip is in backwards (again blurry pic). That would not stop it from booting but you will have no sound. The last time I put one in backwards it booted but fried the chip. It got hot enough to burn a hole in the label. Luckily no other damage.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2018, 10:59:23 PM »
Now I see chips missing from the main board at U72 & U82. The one at U92 is not needed.

Offline Caliwebman

• Spiritual Evolution
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2018, 07:10:30 PM »
Ok thanks all, I reversed the DSP and game chip still nothing different. I also noticed that none of the red LED's are lit in any way. Is that normal when showing the Netplex error?

Also, as I understand it, the 1273 board does not have the Varta battery, is this correct?

Thanks again all!

Scott

ps clear image attached

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2018, 07:23:11 PM »
The notch on the DSP chip should be at the end where it has DSP printed on the board. Before I would buy another board I would remove the varta battery and U16 (close to the battery) to see if the problem goes away. If not then you need a board.

The Varta isn't needed for home use. It causes problems. Doesn't matter if it is a 1270 or a 1273 board.

Ken

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2018, 07:28:47 PM »
Dude you're missing chips as Jim & I brought to your attention. It's not going to work as is. The 1273 board uses a Varta battery as do all enhanced boards. It can removed along with the U16 IC to function properly without the battery. That mod can be done to any 1270 series board. The DSP chip is still backwards in the latest pic.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2018, 07:47:58 PM »
Those missing chips where RB circled need to be there and that is why you currently have the Netplex Link is Down error.

Offline Caliwebman

• Spiritual Evolution
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2018, 11:03:06 PM »
Wow! Now I get it.... mini chips located at U72 and U82 are MIA. Wondering if I should also have one at U92 which appears gone as well. And any idea on where one would get such chips? Why they are missing I have no idea, but by the position of the DSP and other things looks like this thing was in the hands of a definite Noob; maybe even more of a noob then myself. lol.

Thank you guys for the good eyes.... i would have never caught this without your help.... now just trying to locate these chips..... aaargh.

My appreciation is yours,

Scott

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2018, 09:17:27 AM »
Scott,  sent you a text, I have those chips, they are two different type of chips, one is "A" and the other is "B"   they have to be placed in the right position and in the correct manner (chip notch position) .

Let me know,  also you will have to correct the DISP chip position,  you may have fried that chip, I have those available as well!.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal