New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Double Diamond 5 Line software and strips not working  (Read 4592 times)

Offline Terps

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Terps Is working their way up.Terps Is working their way up.Terps Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Double Diamond 5 Line software and strips not working
« on: July 20, 2018, 04:57:40 PM »
I sold a Double Diamond 5 line eprom set and reel strips. Here is the exact set:

IGT S2000 or S+ Double Diamond Backlit Reel Strips and 5 Ln Game eproms. Includes SS3822, SB001000, SG000312 (1 of 2 and 2 of 2), and Version VS011GX1 eproms. Strip #'s 84635200, 400, 500.

The problem is after the person cleared the machine and rekeyed it. The reels are acting funny and stopping from right to left and not corresponding to the correct payouts. The eproms are seated correctly in the MPU. The machine was cleared correctly and the person is familiar with keying IGT’s. The machine was working properly before he cleared the machine.

Does anyone have an idea what is wrong. I’m pretty sure these reel strips are for a 5 payline game kit. Could the SS3822 chip be corrupt? Should he try SG 363 game chips? Other suggestions?  Any help would be appreciated. I’m not very fimiliar with IGT’s, but have covered the basics. I want to make sure that I sold him a working eprom set and strips.

Please let me know if you have any other questions and I can get the answers.

Thank you!
Fusco

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Double Diamond 5 Line software and strips not working
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 07:26:52 AM »
The reels stopping backward is odd. I seem to remember reading,  when the reels go kinda wonky it's an IO card. Why did he clear it?   :Scratch-Head:

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline vinnieboyz

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • vinnieboyz New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 01:05:20 PM »
Hi guys. I am the guy that bought the chips. I have swapped out both I/O with another 5 line with same results. the running 5 line works fine with components from questioned unit. I also did reel stop test and reels stop were you set to stop. It has to be in chip arrangement or corrupt chip. What about a Double Diamond setup that does not require a SS chip to run? :thank_you:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 04:50:15 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 01:53:07 PM »
SB100227 is DD 3R, 5L, 5C. I have one available. PM me if interested. Not sure it will solve you reel spinning issue. The only time I've ever seen this it was the I/O as Shaggy mentioned. Did you replace the one in the cabinet or door? The cab I/O would be the one that is suspect.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline vinnieboyz

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 02:04:31 PM »
looks like it should have been SB100227 with SG 00312 1&2 and a Version VS011GX1 with Strip #'s 84635200, 400, 500 any objections? Please send them. this has been very time consuming. Thank you.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 02:25:17 PM »
SG312 will work. SG363 on a 500 series MPU board would be optimal. SG523 or 598 recommended if you have a 1270X enhanced board. Can you post a pic of those strips? Question about which I/O you swapped remains unanswered.

Offline vinnieboyz

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 03:17:38 PM »
These are the ones. Thank you for your help! Here is what i got https://www.ebay.com/itm/IGT-S2000-S-Double-Diamond-Backlit-Reel-Strips-5-Ln-Game-Software/332703366191?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT- I think the correct ebay link is below, since it is a completed transaction on ebay you will need to scroll down the ebay page to see it: (rokgpsman)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IGT-S2000-S-Double-Diamond-Backlit-Reel-Strips-amp-5-Ln-Game-Software-/332703366191?hash=item4d76aa7c2f%3Ag%3AetsAAOSwH~ta731C&nma=true&si=3IYDInm2QYOIdZE5SWPsTkBOGnw%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 10:43:29 AM by rokgpsman »

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 03:47:51 PM »
That SS chip is 120ns.  It will not work on s2000, it's too slow.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2018, 03:54:54 PM »
120 ns or faster is required for S2000. No reason why it should not work. I've seen 150ns chips work but it's hit or miss.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2018, 03:58:03 PM »
My bad I thought it had to be 100ns or faster.  I have a few 120's to try out then. thank you

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2018, 04:00:35 PM »
You're also supposed to have ABC strips. The last 2 strips are the same. That would make an ABB setup. That and they're 5 times pay and not D/D.  :Scratch-Head:
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2018, 04:03:19 PM »
EDIT: those strips are the same as my 3 line 5x pay

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2018, 04:12:36 PM »
Yeah but doesn't he have a D/D 5 line and not a 5X pay? His reel chip is for a D/D 5 line according to Fusco.

Offline Terps

• Terps Is working their way up.Terps Is working their way up.Terps Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2018, 04:16:36 PM »
Yes, I sold him a set that I had from Ford.  I have reels ABC for DD 5 payline Kit with SS3822.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2018, 04:18:01 PM »

I don't know what he has. This started out as DD 5Line then he posted a link to the 5X Pay kit. Confusion.

:Scratch-Head:

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2018, 04:19:44 PM »
I need a Rum and Coke.   :propeller:

Dave

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2018, 04:22:07 PM »
And we (unfortunately) still haven't addressed the reels stopping backwards.

Offline Terps

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2018, 04:29:37 PM »
This is still about the DD 5 Line SS3822 kit that is with the strips.  He cannot get the strips to stop in the right order and does not think the strips are correct with the SS3822 eprom. I have a ABC reel strip set for the 5 payline SS3822 eprom. I believe they are right strips, but may be incorrect. I think there are 2issues here.
1) are the strips correct?  Strip #'s [/size]84635200[/color][/size], 400, 500.
2) what is causing the reels to stop right to left and not reflect correct payoffs.

Fusco

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2018, 04:35:12 PM »
This is still about the DD 5 Line SS3822 kit that is with the strips.  He cannot get the strips to stop in the right order and does not think the strips are correct with the SS3822 eprom. I have a ABC reel strip set for the 5 payline SS3822 eprom. I believe they are right strips, but may be incorrect. I think there are 2issues here.
1) are the strips correct?  Strip #'s [/size]84635200[/color][/size], 400, 500.
2) what is causing the reels to stop right to left and not reflect correct payoffs.

Fusco

That's what I mean. Even if the wrong strips are in there, the machine should play correctly. Granted the strips won't line up but they shouldn't stop backwards. The strips are the least of the worries now. Let's get the machine playing correctly and then address if he actually has the wrong strips or posted a pic from a different place.

Dave

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal