New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: frog prince  (Read 2101 times)

Offline ANIslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • ANIslots New User has no influence.
  • Zarobhr
frog prince
« on: September 02, 2018, 09:03:28 AM »
i have a frog prince game i set i picked up several years ago , and tried to get it going today on an 044 board with the adaptor boar that the eproms and simms go into

when i boot up it appears most leds or on and the red led is flashing

i have the following installed

eproms
Boot---- Base I0000576
Game 1 ---- GME1 G0000689
Game 2 ---- GME2 G0000689

DSP Boot ----  708 224 00 rev EA 19/jan/05 not sure if this is correct one
i do have another 708 222 00 rev EB 17/febrero/05 (yes the spelling is what is on chip so guessing its not a us juridication

for simms i have
Pixel Simm 1 ---- PXLF3 C0000461
Pixel Simm 2 ---- PXLF4 C0000461
Audio Simm ----  SNDF DSS00073
CG Simm ----      CGF   C0000461

any clues what i am missing or if i need a different DSP Boot

« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 12:00:51 PM by ANIslots »

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: frog prince
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 10:58:25 AM »
Does your MPU have the green Varta Battery?  If it is low, it will cause that issue.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline ANIslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Zarobhr
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 11:04:26 AM »
no that 044 board does not have a green verta battery (BT1) on the board

i know my 044 board is good , i have been swapping 044 games on it all day, but having issues with eprom\simm games

my mystical mermaids has no sound

Offline ANIslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Zarobhr
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 11:13:03 AM »
hmm wander if it possible the frog prince is an international version that requires a verta battery

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 11:22:55 AM »
You would not get the red light, it would boot up and you will get a message about the tell tale battery being low.  Can you boot the system with a key chip?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline ANIslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Zarobhr
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2018, 11:56:13 AM »
nope same thing all lights lit with red flashing

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 12:29:23 PM »
Put an 044 flash board back in, clear and key it, and then try to boot with the 3902 daughtercard with keychip to see if it works.  Also make sure you have the right orientation on the eproms on the legacy adapter, and that it is no on "backwards"  the i960 cpu should be visible at all times, that's how I verify orientation.

Offline ANIslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Zarobhr
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2018, 12:50:37 PM »
orientation correct
but my 044 game back in, and cleared and keyed it works perfectly (gameking 6.2)

but the frog prince back in with with key chip and same issue

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2018, 01:16:42 PM »
do yo have any other 3902 software you can try?

Offline ANIslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Zarobhr
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2018, 02:48:50 AM »
yesmystical mermaid working pretty much (without sound)

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2018, 06:14:02 AM »
You may have bad software then, I would remove all simms and try booting with just GME chips and key chip to see if it boots to the key screen.

Offline ANIslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Zarobhr
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2018, 06:47:41 AM »
ok i will try that, any way to tell which simm may be bad or to test it

** anyone able to test and reprogram the simm for me?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2018, 07:03:25 AM »
You can systematically put in one simm at a time, power up and see if it gives you the blinking red light issue. When it does, you have likely found your culprit.

Offline ANIslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Zarobhr
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2018, 05:50:47 PM »
yup found the bad simm, it is PXLF4 3 of 3 C0000461 16MG

can the be reprogrammed?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2018, 08:11:06 PM »
If the simm is causing a short, then no.  It is most likely bad.  You are probably better off just buying another one programmed with what you need.  Also check the dip switches to make sure they are correct.  It should be off on on off

Offline ANIslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Zarobhr
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2018, 04:47:16 AM »
hmmm well this one has no switches which i thought was strange, but the pads are there where a switch should be

should i solder jumpers on the 2 that should be on and try it??

Offline ANIslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Zarobhr
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2018, 12:00:21 PM »
ok i went ahead and soldered the jumpers to be in correct off on on off since i had no switch, and the game is now working

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2018, 02:02:48 PM »
This is certainly odd that the dipswitch was not installed. Did it look like that was the way it came from the factory, or that someone in the past had removed it? Perhaps this machine had a different game theme installed originally and it didn't care about the dipswitch. That's happy news that you got the problem fixed.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline ANIslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Zarobhr
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2018, 03:02:13 AM »
looking at the simm it looks factory orginalwith the proper labels and all, the location for the switch does not look like it ever had any thing soldered to it

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2018, 09:24:40 AM »
Sometimes during their "travels" the simms get knocked around the the switch bank just pops off.  I have had several simms with no dip switches.  I just remove one from a junk board and solder into place.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal