New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 Extremely Low sound even on volume 10  (Read 2731 times)

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • Trooper11040 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S2000 Extremely Low sound even on volume 10
« on: September 06, 2018, 09:32:14 AM »
i had a feeling my sound was finally going. I have an igt S2000 big Times Pay. The sound is barely heard even at volume 10. Could that mean I just need a new amplifier board? 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 08:18:10 PM by Trooper11040 »

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S2000 Extremely Low sound even on volume 10
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 10:50:33 AM »
Bad amp is possible. Inspect your speaker wires to be sure no one has installed resistors inline. Those aid in reducing unwanted noise, static but do reduce the volume level. I have an amp board if you need one. You can try one from a working machine to verify if your is bad if you have another machine.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 11:20:53 AM »
Sound was working up until this morning. It started to sound crappy the last few days...figured it was going bad...I just bought an amp board. Hopefully get it by the weekend

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 11:52:02 AM »
Unplug each speaker individually to see if one is bad and dragging the amp down

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 11:53:13 AM »
Ok  I’ll try that

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 12:00:54 PM »
Tried all 3...same result. Extremely low sound

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 12:29:53 PM »
Yep, likely a bad amp then, worth a try though

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2018, 10:49:53 AM »
So I just changed out the amp and SIMM. Still same result. That’s kind of depressing...any other ideas?

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2018, 10:54:12 AM »
Ok think I figured it out. Appears the harness is bad. Just was messing with it and the sound cable back upto full volume. Guess I’ll be returning some of these parts and buying the new harness

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2018, 07:06:07 PM »

would anyone have any other ideas on what the issue could be before I start buying a ton of different parts?  Thanks as always for your help!

Dan

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2018, 07:14:11 PM »
Not following what you mean, why would you be buying a ton of parts if you think the wiring harness is bad? Just need to get a replacement wiring harness and see if that solves the problem, right? Unless you think that the connectors that the wiring harness connectors mate with are intermittent??
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2018, 07:28:12 PM »
I am honestly not sure...do harnesses just go bad like that out of no where?  The sound was working fine last week...turned on the machine and nothing now except very low, very faint sound...extremely low.  I have the volume on 10 and the only way I can hear it is to put my ear up to the speakers.  If i jiggle the one black connector from the amplifier board, ill get some sound louder....so I am assuming its the harness... :banghead:

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2018, 07:33:51 PM »
I'd look at the amplifier board connector's solder connections, check the backside of the board where the connector pins come thru the board and are soldered, may have broken solder joints. If not sure then have someone reflow (re-solder) all of the electrical pins on that connector.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2018, 07:35:04 PM »
I'd look at the board connector solder connections, check the backside of the board where the connector pins come thru the board and are soldered, may have broken solder joints.

I ended up buying another amplifier board and got it today...same outcome...that was one was supposed to be in working condition.  I def need to have another S2000 on hand so I can swap parts around lol

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2018, 07:37:02 PM »
If you can jiggle that wiring harness connector and get the sound to work then something is wrong in that area. Do the electrical contacts look ok, are any pins pushed back or do any female contacts have loose contact with the male pin they mate with?

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2018, 07:41:23 PM »
If you can jiggle that wiring harness connector and get the sound to work then something is wrong in that area. Do the electrical contacts look ok, are any pins pushed back or do any female contacts have loose contact with the male pin they mate with?

All the pins look ok...on another note, the CMOS battery is only reading 2.7v...that wouldnt make the sound have issues right?  thats just for data from what I understand...

Dan

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2018, 07:53:37 PM »

Dan,
Does this have a MML board for the SIMM? If so, remove it & try the sound without it. If the problem goes away then the MML is bad. Obviously you won't have enhanced sound without it but it will help diagnose the problem. I have some sound harnesses & MML boards if you need either.

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2018, 07:55:39 PM »

Dan,
Does this have a MML board for the SIMM? If so, remove it & try the sound without it. If the problem goes away then the MML is bad. Obviously you won't have enhanced sound without it but it will help diagnose the problem. I have some sound harnesses & MML boards if you need either.

When I ordered the new amplifier board, I also ordered the SIMM.  This MML does have a SIMM on it...DSV0051 I think it is? I'll try now and remove the SIMM and see what happens. 

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2018, 08:00:01 PM »
Just to be sure remove the MML not just the SIMM.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2018, 08:02:30 PM »
On second thought, I believe Big Times Pay is one of those games that has no sound without the SIMM. I know Super Mag 7 is that way. It's another bonus reel game.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal