New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: No Video Connection Error: Game King  (Read 2188 times)

Offline sakwilla

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • sakwilla New User barely matters.sakwilla New User barely matters.
  • NLG
No Video Connection Error: Game King
« on: October 26, 2018, 09:59:16 PM »
Hi all,
I have a Game King machine that didnt have a note acceptor. I recently bought one and had the machine on when I tried to connect the cords at the back of the note acceptor to the machine. As I did this the screen turned black and came up No Video Connection. (I know rookie mistake)

Can anyone help me to solve how I fix this. I have unplugged the note acceptor but it still comes up with the No Video Connection error every time I turn on and off the machine. The green light at the front of the monitor flashes green when the error comes up.

Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. It worked fine before I plugged the NOte Acceptor in. Cheers :)

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: No Video Connection Error: Game King
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 06:09:39 AM »
Are any of the LEDs on the MPU board lit?  What type of MPU board do you have?  If it's a 044 there's two fuses on the motherboard.  Check them and see if one is blown. 

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 05:02:33 PM »
Thanks for the email. I attached photos of the motherboard as not sure what to do (very new to all of this) any help from anyone to get this machine up and running again (with or without the note acceptor will be great) I have disonnected the note acceptor to what it was before so hoping someone can help me with the no video connection error. Cheers
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 05:34:01 PM by Tilt »

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 05:39:19 PM »
That's a 044 MPU board.  Be careful handling the flash memory board that plugs into it, they're really sensitive to static electricity. 

When you have it installed in the machine do any of the LEDs on the front of the MPU board light up? 

There's two fuses on the motherboard (the board that the MPU plugs into).  They should be in the lower left hand corner of it and probably blue in color unless they've been changed before.  Check them to make sure they are good.

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 05:49:13 PM »
Thanks again Tilt for your reply
There is 1 green light that flashes
Are you able to tell me where the fuses are, not sure what they should look like if they are blown or not (apologies for my lack of undertstanding)

Cheers

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 06:02:11 PM »
Here's a picture of the motherboard, the two fuses are blue and have "15" printed on them. 

Where is the green led that blinks, on the monitor or on the MPU board? 

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 06:54:11 PM »
Hi Tilt, have attached a photo of the fuses. Would you say one of them is blown?
If so do you know what they are called to purchase replacements

THanks again :)

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2018, 07:11:47 PM »
Hi Tilt, have attached a photo of the fuses. Would you say one of them is blown?

It is a 15 amp Mini blade fuse.

Here are some from Amazon.  There are cheaper "generics" out there as well.  You can probably just walk into any auto parts store and buy a few.

https://www.amazon.com/Bussmann-VP-ATM-15-RP-Blue-Acting/dp/B004AH8NRQ/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1541210927&sr=8-13&keywords=15+amp+mini+fuse
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2018, 07:12:45 PM »

The one on the left is blown, you can see that the "U" bridge is broken. It is a 15 amp Mini blade fuse.

Here are some from Amazon.  There are cheaper "generics" out there as well.  You can probably just walk into any auto parts store and buy a few.

https://www.amazon.com/Bussmann-VP-ATM-15-RP-Blue-Acting/dp/B004AH8NRQ/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1541210927&sr=8-13&keywords=15+amp+mini+fuse
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2018, 07:23:50 PM »
Like Rick said the fuse on the left definitely is blown.  Are you in the US?  If so, just about any auto parts store should stock it as Rick stated.

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2018, 04:11:21 AM »
Thanks guys, I got some fuses posted and tried them today but no luck. The video error keeps coming up. I dont know if there is another avenue to try out as to what is causing the problem or is it the new fuses I bought - not sure if i am missing a step as not experienced but tried my best. Have attached photos to help out. Cheers guys :)

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2018, 08:50:12 AM »
Pull them out and see if it blew again.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 09:46:37 AM by Tilt »

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2018, 03:07:00 PM »
No neither of them have blown.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2018, 03:39:21 PM »
Ok, better check the power supply output voltages then.  Easiest place is probably on J3 (above and to the right of the fuse on the right).  The orange wire should have +25VDC and the red wire should have +13VDC.  Check yours and post the reading here.

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2018, 03:15:11 AM »
Thanks Tilt, not sure where to look. J3 seems to be in the MPU board do you mean P3 - the plug with all the different coloured wires coming out of it. (Sorry a newbie lol)

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2018, 03:28:54 AM »
I checked and they both said 300V not sure where on the wire I look as its very hard to move it and read it. Are there any other things I could do to trouble shoot the problem. Im happy to paypal $50 for a solution as this is driving me bonkers. I have replaced the fuses and tried several Key28 chips to try and clear but a red light keeps flashing

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2018, 03:36:59 AM »

Here is a video of the problem - any help would be greatly appreciated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6GLWjVR2UI&feature=youtu.be
Mod note:  Edited to correct font size
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 03:19:11 PM by Tilt »

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2018, 03:23:21 PM »
Your Youtube video link says "This video is unavailable".
Here's where you can check the +13 and +25 power supply outputs on motherboard connector J3.  The orange wire should have +25VDC and the red wire below 13VDC.  Check yours and see what you have.  Remember to turn off the power before removing or replacing the MPU board.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal