New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT 1986 Deuces Wild Video Poker Model 1070C Starting up issues  (Read 3918 times)

Offline Joemamma_222

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Joemamma_222 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT 1986 Deuces Wild Video Poker Model 1070C Starting up issues
« on: November 27, 2018, 10:14:28 AM »

Hi All Have been lurking a few weeks and thought I would post.  Recently took my first trip to Vegas and I am hooked.  upon return I was able to get my hands on an IGT video poker machine from the 80s.  The lady stated that it had a Low Battery message and after looking here I thought thats an easy fix !  Upon getting the machine home and after sitting inside for a few days I plugged it in.  Monitor came on and lights came on then lights off.  Monitor still on.  I can hear the power supply humming and a big click when the machine lights up but then everything goes off except the monitor.  I have checked the fuses and the 3 fuses in the pics below have continuity.  I was preparing to start removing parts to clean and get at the motherboard to replace the battery but before I do I wondered if anyone might have anything else I can take a look at before I start dismantling it.  Most posts I see here do not show the Motherboard attached to the back wall ( like I think mine is ) so a couple of questions to start off if I may ?

1: Is that the motherboard in the back of the pic that will have the 3 volt battery soldered to it ?  If so should the monitor come out to get at it ?

2: the big rusty box in the back left photo behind the service light.  I'm guessing that's the power supply ?  Anyway to test or clean ?  Or are we at the point to replace for good measure yet ?

3:  Will the 3 volt battery prevent all systems from firing up ?

I will start with these and thank you in advance for any help !

PS: I have reseated the power cable inside the Box

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 268
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT 1986 Deuces Wild Video Poker Model 1070C Starting up issues
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 04:41:26 PM »
Hello and welcome to NLG.
First it's much better to post larger sized pictures. The only large one is the name tag picture and that one wasn't really needed.
I'm fairly sure this is an IGT PE game. Someone else will correct me if I'm wrong.
The rusty box is the transformer. Leave it be for now. Check for any loose coins wedged back there though.
Next, the battery is on the MPU, not the motherboard.
For starters, please shoot a picture of it for us please. We can go on from there.
The battery is to hold memory and other information. It sounds like you may have a power supply problem. I'd closely check the fuse holders as well.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 01:44:21 PM by shortrackskater »
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Joemamma_222

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 05:53:23 PM »
Thank you SIR !!  I thought something was weird when I was resizing my pics Let me know if you would like to see anything else.... So have a pic above the monitor.. thats the MPU with the Light in front of it ?
Also understood about the transformer.  Is the power Supply above the monitor also ?  Forgive my ignorance as I am still poking around I will pull boards...

ALSO ! Just found a coin behind the transformer when I retook the pic...
Thanks again... 
Its leaning on the transformer and the case...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 01:47:05 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline Joemamma_222

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 05:54:35 PM »
Let me know if I need to Up the Size of the image quality.. Each Pic is like 4.5 MEG

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 06:07:27 PM »
Yep, it's a Player's Edge machine (not the Plus model).  Your MPU tray is mounted on the backwall behind the hopper.  It has two connectors on the top that you disconnect, then you can tilt it back and remove it from the machine (no need to remove the monitor to get it the MPU out).  Pull it out and check the battery and give it a good inspection for any signs of damage.  Pics have to be less than 1MB to post.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 04:30:13 PM by Tilt »

Offline Joemamma_222

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 06:21:19 PM »
Thank you. Digging into it now. That silver metal box is hard stuck to the back. Hunting for the screws holding it there now. I believe it's just the monitor bracket. I will post a pic of the board once I give it a look see. Thanks for the help. This is the only pic I've seen of this board stuck to the back of the machine.. most are more easily accessible.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 06:47:33 PM »
It has a phillips screw above the hole for the lock that goes into the monitor shelf.  Remove that and it will come out after you remove the two connectors.

Offline Joemamma_222

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2018, 10:11:27 AM »
Ok So I got the board out and the battery looks like its a little bloated.  So definitely needs changed there.  Besides that is there anything else I should be looking for ?  Seems pretty clean to me nothing bulging or burnt..  I cant seem to get my pics under 5 megs to post if you need a better one I should have it figured out shortly.  Thanks again for the help ! And thanks for the TIPS ! I was about to take this whole thing apart !

« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 10:33:52 AM by Joemamma_222 »

Offline Joemamma_222

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2018, 10:35:41 AM »
The Chip under the battery has funk on it however the socket is clean.  That was the only issue I saw.  No superficial damage to the Chip after I wiped it off.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2018, 11:28:21 AM »
 You’re definitely gonna wanna clean and inspect the area for acid damage from that leaking battery. Remove it ASAP... That is a 1/2AA Battery 3.6V.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Joemamma_222

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2018, 11:31:30 AM »
10-4 I'm going to carefully remove it now and start the cleanup process.  is that the battery that has the leads or like a normal battery I can find anywhere ?  it doesn't look like the others I have seen.  Still it is soldered....

EDIT: after looking it is not a socket but just Tabs that are soldered.  If they don't clean up good then I may get a battery with some leads attached.  I would rather not solder to the board but if these don't clean up I will have to.  Hardware store down the street didn't have my battery same size however all 3 volts ... so going out later to a superstore ( Insert store name here )....
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 01:15:37 PM by Joemamma_222 »

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2018, 01:46:54 PM »
Do you have any battery stores in your area? These battery only stores should carry that style, and even offer to remove yours and solder a new one on..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Joemamma_222

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2018, 03:26:50 PM »
Thanks Mechanic. I did find the batteries at a battery Plus.  I replaced it and cleaned up the board.  I don't see where any if its integrity was damaged.  I plugged the MPU back in and getting the same results with the new battery.  I'm wondering about a power supply next ?  just not clicking the lights on anymore for a second or 2 like it did when I first got it..  Thanks for all the help thus far.

Questions now would be:
Where is the power supply ?
Where can I get one ?
Can I just buy a new PE board and rule that out ?  Not sure how expensive they are.
Thanks again guys !

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2018, 04:52:05 PM »
The DC power supply components are on the MPU board.  The AC components are the large transformer, fuses, power switch and connectors  that are on the bottom left side of the machine.  The fluorescent lamps operate off AC and should light (assuming lamp, starter, and ballast is good) when the AC switch is turned on.  Do/did the upper and lower lamps come on at all?  Unplug the AC cord and remove the connectors from the front of the AC power distribution box there and check the pins for signs of damage/corrosion.  They may have come loose in transport as well.

Not sure what may have been making the clicking sound.  The only thing I can think of it the diverter solenoid  that directs coins to the overflow tube when the hopper is full.

Offline Joemamma_222

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2018, 06:45:33 AM »
Thanks for pointing those out !  I will pull and try and clean those 2 plugs.  They are Definitely in there but maybe removing and plugging back in a few times will get the contacts where they need to be !  I hope thats it !  The upper lamp does come on. the lamp in the door does not but it is missing the little silver can ( condenser ? ).  I had a few extras from some beer lights I will try. 

Yeah that clicking sound was heard when the hopper was in there.  it even spat out some coins.  I removed the hopper during troubleshooting.  I'm guessing its ok to leave it out  when powering on and off for testing ?

Thanks again for the help !  I will have an update today.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2018, 09:40:15 AM »
Yeah that clicking sound was heard when the hopper was in there.  it even spat out some coins.  I removed the hopper during troubleshooting.  I'm guessing its ok to leave it out  when powering on and off for testing ?
Thanks again for the help !  I will have an update today.

Hmmm... was it the hopper making the sound??? Stick it back in and see if it completes a payout or just is a runaway hopper.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Joemamma_222

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2018, 10:28:38 AM »
I will do that but this machine should run without the hopper installed correct ?  I have not completely re installed the MPU yet and the door will be open when I power it on.  Hoping this is ok just to see if I get a boot up...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2018, 10:33:14 AM »
Yes the MPU needs to be fully in. The hopper can be out. Keep us posted.

Offline Joemamma_222

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2018, 11:15:08 AM »
Ok 10 4.  The MPU is plugged both cables.. Both plugs inspected for corrosion and have straight pins.  the Plugs next to the power supply were removed and reinserted after making sure they are clean and straight. I took my Klein AC tester and all ballasts have AC current as well as the transformer.  3 Fuses were checked and very clean also.  Putting the MPU back in and I will edit this post. once I try and power up again.

EDIT:

WElp I got the MPU mounted back on the back side of the machine and made sure all the connections were tight.  I removed the plugs from the power supply and gave them another round of the back and forths.  the pins still look clean.  powered it up and I can really hear that transformer thump and the Monitor comes on rather quickly now however still no lights on the buttons or the candle up top and nothing on the screen Just usually purple or green depending on what I fiddle with on top of the monitor.  I am at the mercy of this board.  I appreciate all the help thus far ! I'm wondering if I need to check the Power Supply for DC power out ?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 11:38:49 AM by Joemamma_222 »

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2018, 12:07:06 PM »
I think you are already heading in the right direction by looking for a new MPU board.   The DC power supply is on the MPU board so it's hard to do much with it.

The little aluminum can is the starter for the tube.   You can pick them up at a hardware store, just be sure to get one the proper wattage for the tube.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal