New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 742A slot winner light on  (Read 2334 times)

Offline spooky

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • spooky New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally 742A slot winner light on
« on: January 09, 2019, 07:07:12 AM »
Winner light stays on after first win.  Thought it was reset coil, but I replaced it with a new one and still have the problem.  Tested reset coil with door jumper and it works.  I moved to the reel mech to B switch but it is setup correctly (N.O.).  It is like no power getting to the reset coil.  My understanding is that the power from the B switch is sent to the reset coil after the next pull of the arm.  Can anyone help me in the right direction.  This is the first time I have ever worked on a slot machine, but have the manual and have been reading.   :thank_you:

Offline rdaniel

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • rdaniel New User barely matters.rdaniel New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: Bally 742A slot winner light on
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 11:40:12 AM »
I have had that problem with the newer snow hopper. Is there a coin stuck under the roller in the hopper? That can happen in the newer hoppers. Please post a photo of the inside of the hopper showing the coins as they pass out.

Thanks

Rdaniel

Offline spooky

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 07:18:02 AM »
Don't really think that is the problem.  First if the coin was stuck, I would see it when I pulled the hopper out and next the hopper would have to stick a coin every time after a winning and payout.  I will check it more to see if there is a problem there, but highly unlikely.  Thanks

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 09:59:40 AM »
There is a contact behind the hoppers payout wiper board that should be open and stay open once the spiral cam is returned to the starting/ zero position. If that doesn’t open or stay open, the winner paid light will stay on.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline spooky

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 05:14:25 PM »
That switch is open and stays open.  The reset coil is not being fired on next handle pull therefore the winner light stays on and future winning pots are not paid until reset is done manually then first winner is paid and light comes on and stays on until reset coil is manually reset.  The coil can be activated through jumper, but does not activate in normal play.  The B switch on Reel Assembly is supposed to send signal to activate the reset coil on next pull of the handle, but no power resets the coil.  :EmoticonHelp4:

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 05:33:54 PM »
Is your zero switch on the hopper opening after a payout? Another main problem with these old Bally machines are bad connections on the beau plugs.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline spooky

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 06:39:37 PM »
The beau plugs is something I have not learned how to test.  I really believe the problem lies between the reel mechanism and the hopper mechanism.  The signal not getting through.  This machine is really clean and don't believe it has seen much use.  It was sticking up a little but that was from sitting and was easily freed up.  Is there a way to test the beau plugs?  Thanks

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 07:18:30 PM »
Not really. You just need to clean them. I myself keep and use old worn out emery boards. The beau plug tarnish and loss continuity. I first spray both the male and female plugs with WD40 and then use the worn emery board to polish the male plug. For the female plug I take my razor knife and cut the end of the emery board to the size of the male plug. I then use the cut down emery board on the inside of the female beau plug. I have heard of some people going to the auto parts store and buying a points file for use on old style  distributors points. The with the use of a bench grinder thin it down to the width of a male plugs pin. When your done I clean both plugs with and electrical cleaner.
And remember...

Offline off-track

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • off-track New User barely matters.off-track New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 08:57:39 PM »
I myself keep and use old worn out emery boards. The beau plug tarnish and loss continuity. I first spray both the male and female plugs with WD40 and then use the worn emery board to polish the male plug. For the female plug I take my razor knife and cut the end of the emery board to the size of the male plug. I then use the cut down emery board on the inside of the female beau plug. I have heard of some people going to the auto parts store and buying a points file for use on old style  distributors points. The with the use of a bench grinder thin it down to the width of a male plugs pin. When your done I clean both plugs with and electrical cleaner.
I always thought WD40 as a big NO NO in any EM based machine due to morphing over time as well as unwanted dust collection?
What do you think about using small bore brass gun brushes in a battery drill to clean the female plugs?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 04:02:03 PM »
You can try cleaning them that way, I'm just telling you how I do it and have done it for almost 20 years now.. By spraying the plugs this way, it makes it easy to remove the reels assembly and hopper..
And remember...

Offline spooky

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2019, 07:13:31 PM »
Cleaned beau plugs all contacts are nice and shinny.  Zero switch points open after payout.  My problem lies in the reset solenoid not receiving signal from handle switch points when the handle is pulled after first win.  Reset solenoid not resetting pawl and not turning the winning light off.  I guess the handle switch points sends power to the B switch which sends power to the reset solenoid that moves the reset pawl that contacts the winning light switch to turn off the light resetting for next play.  How do I diagnose where the problem(s) are?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2019, 07:38:57 PM »
With the EM machines you need a voltage meter. I use it to check my switches to make sure the have  continuity. Just looking to see they are closed is not enough. I can’t tell you how many times a set of contacts looked good, but when checked with a meter proved otherwise.
And remember...

Offline spooky

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2019, 06:06:25 AM »
Ok, If I am right to check switch I connect to both sides of the switch and check ohms when switch is open and closed.  switch open no ohms  switch closed ohms  right?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2019, 08:00:31 AM »
Ok, If I am right to check switch I connect to both sides of the switch and check ohms when switch is open and closed.  switch open no ohms  switch closed ohms  right?

Yes that’s correct.
And remember...

Offline spooky

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2019, 12:49:40 PM »
Thanks Amechanic  issue resolved.  The Zero switch where the wires are soldered were touching the frame and even though they were in the open position they never closed on win due to the touching on the frame.  I probably never would have found it on my own.  Thanks again.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2019, 01:13:18 PM »
Glad I was able to help. You now have a spare coil if you ever need it.
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal