New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Stinkin rich I game where to get parts and I game general questions  (Read 1970 times)

Offline leocat168

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • leocat168 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Hi all.. hoping for some info. I have what I assume is an igt I game. Has a few minor issues my OCD would like to correct . First is the crt monitor seems to be slightly crooked in the machine. Any way to adjust it? How does is come out?  Second is where can I get parts specific to this cabinet?  The tray that catches the coins is missing.( Even tho it's not coin out I'd like it in place. I'd like to install a ticket printer but wouldn't know what to get or how to do it.  Any easy way to adjust the door it's sagging and requires finagling to get it to close. I'm not familiar with this type of slot so any time after bits would be helpful.. thanks in advance.  Some pics
Al

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Stinkin rich I game where to get parts and I game general questions
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 04:57:12 PM »
There's hand holes on each side of the monitor.  Open the door, grab it and slide it out.  There's a couple of guides on the bottom of the monitor frams that go into holes on the monitor shelf.  Maybe one side didn't go in properly.  That would make it high on one side. 

Try Jim at Midwest slots for parts.  IGT doors always seem to have some sag to them.  Use one hand to push up on the upper right hand of the door as you close it and it should close easier. 

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 05:51:28 PM »
Thanks!!  Do I have to unscrew anything or unhook anything before sliding it out?  I see the handhold in the right but not much room on the left to get your hand in.. I'll give it a shot.
On an unrelated matter I noticed none of the button lights work but the change button.  Yet all buttons function.. I did notice the green daisey chain of ground wires doesn't go to all the buttons and there aren't enough to go to the top row of buttons.  Is the ground wire needed? Where can I get a chain of it?  I think the bulbs may just be burnt.. what's needed to change over to leds? Just bulbs in existing sockets or do I need to change the buttons and sockets?

Thanks
Al

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 06:36:22 PM »
There's a screw the bottom of the monitor shelf that can hold the monitor in place.  Usually they've been removed and tossed out though.   Yes, it's a tight on the left side.  I usually just grab that side by the bottom left corner until I can slide it out far enough to get to the handle.  CRTs are a bit heavy, don't drop it.

The ground wires aren't needed for the switch or lamp to function.  Many people do switch the lamps out for LEDs.  They look better and last longer.  You don't need to do anything special other than make sure it's a 12v led of the proper size to fit in the socket.  Most are polarity sensitive, so it it doesn't work, remove it and rotate it 180 degrees and try again.

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 08:02:31 PM »
Sounds great!!  I'll try the monitor in the morning and order some bulbs

Thanks !!!!!
Al

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2019, 08:33:32 PM »
Great place to get parts and bulbs is at Spin. This should be the bulb you need.

http://www.spininc.com/13528-0
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2019, 08:45:43 PM »
Thanks!!
You guys have been a great help!

Al

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2019, 09:15:42 PM »
If I wanted to change out the whole buttons. Some of the lenses are pretty worn.. would this be the one for my machine?

http://www.spininc.com/73485-0

Thanks again
Al

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2019, 09:26:29 PM »
That looks to be correct by your link..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2019, 09:33:05 PM »
Thanks... It looks like those don't come with the socket or switches.. I'm wondering if my existing ones will clip right in to these ...? Are they usually a fit?

Al

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2019, 09:57:04 PM »
They don’t show the bottom of those buttons. I’m sure you need to reuse your switches and bulb sockets.
And remember...

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2019, 10:12:36 PM »
Usually the button sets are the entire assembly with the bulb holder and switch.  Give Spin a call next week and verify.

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2019, 05:02:22 AM »
Yeah .. probably a good idea to double check with them..
Thanks guys

Al

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2019, 08:36:31 AM »
To add, your monitor's "crookedness" appears to be an internal issue, not an issue with a crooked frame.  That would have to be an adjustment made to the yolk, or maybe there are some controls on the monitor to alleviate that. If you really like your machine and this is a long term hobby you want to get more into, I would suggest you change the CRT for an LCD monitor.  They are a lot easier (and less dangerous) to work with.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2019, 08:50:16 AM »
Thanks for the advise.. I do enjoy working on these.  This is my 5th one now.  All of which were at different levels of working.  I was able to fix all with help from several members in here.  I'm going to look into the monitor issue and also the possibility of LCD upgrade
Thanks!!!

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2019, 03:27:23 PM »
So pulled the monitor out.  It's in there right as far as I can tell.  It definitely is the whole frame/monitor that's slightly higher on the left. Not just the picture.. I actually think it may be at least in part due to the cabinet itself not appearing to be square.  The cabinet seems to lean to the right some.  This is also adding to the door not lining up properly.
I'll have to investigate further.

Al

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2019, 05:51:54 PM »
put a level on the side and top of the cabinet to see if the cabinet is "straight"
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2019, 09:25:10 AM »
I was able to fix the crooked monitor. The shelf the monitor sits on was crooked.  On the left instead of the screw that hols the shelf in being in the slot, the shelf was in top of the screw.  That raised the left side up close to half an inch.. it wasn't alot but was noticable

Thanks
Al

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal