New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Machine errors and bill unit problems  (Read 9321 times)

Offline amitzivitzie

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • amitzivitzie New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Machine errors and bill unit problems
« on: February 23, 2019, 01:52:21 PM »
Ok so I have a s2000 double 3x 4x 5x times pay, If I turn off the machine for a few hours or days upon restarting I will get a error "displays netplex link is down". I can fix this error by leaving the machine run with the error for a few hours and restart the machine. Then the machine starts up without the netplex error but instead I get a few other errors which go away after I restart the machine again or just close the door. Ok so the only thing right now preventing me to play my machine is the bill acceptor is not working, it doesnt cycle and it is flashing some error lights on the bill unit. A slot guy told me to use a clear chip. If anyone can help and guide me through this process I will pay the $40. I can also send my phone number so communicating would be much easier. I really want my machine running with no errors again.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 10:52:21 PM by amitzivitzie »

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Re: $40 paypal donation if you help me get my machine going
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 04:00:44 PM »
The error is most likely due to a bad Varta battery.
Do you know how to remove the MPU board?
If you can pull the board and post a picture of it,
some one will jump in and get you going.
To post pictures  they must be less than one meg in size.
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline amitzivitzie

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 04:14:41 PM »
I have had the varta battery tested and it tests good. Should I have it removed? I can post a picture, and yes I know how to remove the board

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 04:43:56 PM »
The board is better off without it in any case. If you decide to remove it, be sure you know which board you have and what extra steps may be required beyond just removing it

Offline amitzivitzie

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 09:18:53 AM »
Thanks everyone

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 11:05:46 AM »
you have the enhanced cpu, removing the green varta battery and U16 will not hurt anything for home use, this may be the cause of your netplex error.  just to be sure, upon power up, you should get a dc voltage around 7 vdc at pin 6 of the power connector J-13, this is the start signal from the power supply that usually fails causing the netplex error.  as for the bill unit,  there should be two red LEDS on the side of the bill unit next to the dip switches (front right side)  they have to be on, steady to indicated power is being applied to the unit.  what lights are flashing indicating a bill unit error???

make sure the transport unit is seated all the way and you have a cash can inserted and seated as well, if not the unit will not cycle on power up.

hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline amitzivitzie

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 12:45:46 PM »
Its the weirdest thing. I started my machine up again, got the NETPLEX LINK IS DOWN. let the machine run for a hour- restarted the machine- NETPLEX error goes away but i get error GAMES PLAYED MISMATCH -0X5. Then I restart the machine again and that error goes away. The middle ambulance light is flashing and theres a red circle with a x through it light on the bill acceptor. Those two red LEDS you are talking about are solid red on the side of the bill unit, there was only 1 flashing red LED on the side of the bill unit while the machine was waiting with the NETPLEX LINK IS DOWN error.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2019, 02:52:21 PM »
has the bill unit ever worked on this machine?   have you gone into the menu and preformed a config of the bill unit?

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline amitzivitzie

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2019, 03:25:04 PM »
Yes I was given instructions on how to do the config and it came back "not responding" Here's what happened. I came home a few months ago and my machine was off when it was left on and running. I have a feeling there was a power surge but am not sure. I turned it back on and it didnt boot up, it just sat there with the "netplex" error, and the netplex error is really faint on the display screen. I called the company who sold the machine to me and they had me send the board and the power supply to their support team(COSTED ME $130 w shipping). They said the board wasn't responding to the power supply and sent me a new power supply. Everything on the machine used to work %100. (another crazy thing is last week a guy posted the same problem with his s2000 om NLG, his bill unit was doing the exact same thing as mine and he just received his board back from the same business I had sent mine to.) uuhhhggggg I called the number at the top of the NLG and talked to that guy and told him this story, hes the one who recommended using a clear chip. Would using a clear chip just reset everything? Does this seem like a good route to go? Thank you guys
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 07:47:57 AM by amitzivitzie »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2019, 07:27:14 PM »
Something doesn't look correct on the picture of your MPU.
What are the SG chip numbers do they both have the same number, one gm1 and the other gm2? From the picture they look like the numbers are different.
What is the SB chip number?

Varta and U16 need to go as stated above
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline amitzivitzie

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2019, 07:58:54 PM »
Hey qbert thanks. STEPPER GME 1 sg00598 1 of 2 cs de1c ..... Stepper GME 2 SG000598 2 of 2 cs 347d
You ask "what is the SB chip number"
is that the stepper base chip? if so it is STEPPER BASE SB1000783(1-4002) 2004 IGT ST-SGS.
I would need instructions on how to remove any chips, I have never done this before. THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH

Offline amitzivitzie

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2019, 08:01:24 PM »
Hope This Helps

Offline amitzivitzie

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2019, 03:24:52 PM »
If anyone want to take me up on the $40 please message me and we can exchange contact info. :)

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2019, 07:39:46 PM »
If your varta battery and transistor U16 have already been removed you could try a clear and keychip. The chips you would need would be key 45 and clear 224. Member RB is a good source for these. Make sure you ask for programming instructions or they are also available here on the site or through a post for help. If this doesn't work I would suspect either a bad MPU or power supply. Just for sh#ts and grins, check to make sure your power supply is fully seated. It's located on the back wall behind the reels

Offline amitzivitzie

• NLG
Re: Machine errors and bill unit problems
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2019, 06:31:11 PM »
The board still has the Varta battery and the U16. To remove the varta battery a person just unsolders it right? And could you please give me instruction on how to locate and remove the U16? So there's a chance after removing these two things the machine might work? :)

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2019, 06:50:22 PM »
Your board is exhibiting classic signs of a bad Varta on an enhanced 1270 board. This link should help.
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=7931.0
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline amitzivitzie

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2019, 11:25:42 PM »
Alright thanks for the link. I'm going to give that a try this week :)

Offline amitzivitzie

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2019, 04:44:16 PM »
Bad news. I got the varta battery and the u16 chip removed. Now when I turned on the machine I got the same NETPLEX error and I cant get it to go away by letting the machine run for a few hours and restarting the machine. Also the Netplex error is really really faint and blinks, The only way I can even read it is by taking 10 pictures a second with my iphone and looking at the one that captured the words.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 05:21:17 PM by amitzivitzie »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2019, 04:51:27 PM »
Have you tried reseating the power supply behind the reels?

Offline amitzivitzie

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2019, 05:05:32 PM »
Hey qbert. Thanks for the suggestion. I just reseated the power supply twice after your comment and nothing changed. I also pushed on all the boards and made sure everything was tight.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal