New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Machine errors and bill unit problems  (Read 9317 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Machine errors and bill unit problems
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2019, 04:03:19 PM »
Netplex error is from the machine going through its start up sequence, and somethings failing to respond. I have heard of bad florescent light ballast causing problems. That’s why I said to unplug them. Not needed to run the game.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline amitzivitzie

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • amitzivitzie New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2019, 06:59:12 PM »
Nothing changed after I disconnected the wire harnesses from the printer, bill unit, power supply, light. I disconnected one of the clips from the display unit and the NETPLEX error message became the normal brightness and wasn't flashing, not a dull flashing light like it is when the clip is in. Ill post a picture of the clip that I took out to make the message bright again(Its the green wires) Ill keep trying that though
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 07:47:26 PM by amitzivitzie »

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2019, 07:58:35 PM »
Wonder if you could have a problem with the VDF Display Board? Can you give us a larger of full picture of the back of the door? You could possibly have a bad door display? Can you also post a pic of the front of the door..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline amitzivitzie

• NLG
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2019, 09:25:37 PM »
Hope this helps

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2019, 10:13:28 PM »
Your doors wired differently then mine is here. The VDF Display Board is located on the inside of my door. I circled thee red/bk wire plug top, and the green/blue on the bottom of my board. This is the board I thought was bad on yours, but now I’m a little confused on where yours is, or if it’s part of your blue door display? Hopefully someone can explain this to me. Can you start plugging things in like the printer, bill acceptor, and ballast one at a time. Then check to see if your display starts flashing again. You more then likely will still have the Netplex error, but just trying to figure out what’s causing the flashing display. Remember to alway Power the Machine off before plugging items back in. Have you checked to make sure that your IO boards are plugged in tight? If anyone else has any other ideas please chime in.

Gary
And remember...

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2019, 04:01:00 AM »
Gary,
Yours is an older display type with a card and ribbon cable attached to the VFD. His is all built into the VFD so all of the plus go directly into the VFD. The display types are interchangeable as complete units ( one with a display and card the other with just the display itself)
I've seen both the VFD or the red led display cause this type of problem.  If you have another machine you might want to try swapping.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2019, 06:47:16 AM »
Gary,
Yours is an older display type with a card and ribbon cable attached to the VFD. His is all built into the VFD so all of the plus go directly into the VFD. The display types are interchangeable as complete units ( one with a display and card the other with just the display itself)
I've seen both the VFD or the red led display cause this type of problem.  If you have another machine you might want to try swapping.
Thanks for clearing up the difference Qbert 👍
And remember...

Offline amitzivitzie

• NLG
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2019, 01:37:15 PM »
I hope everyone is having a good Sunday. I just got done monkeying with the machine, unplugging the units and restarting one at a time. Nothing has changed but I noticed something I thought was weird. When I have the #1 reel out of its slot the #2 and #3 reels are lit up, when I plug back in the #1 reel the lights turn off on all 3 reels. if I pull out the #2 or #3 reel the others don't lite up like it did when I pull out the #1. Hope that made sense. Is that weird?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2019, 01:47:55 PM »
Normal when you pull the number 1 reel for the others to go bright. When all the reels are in they are lit but very dim. Also dim as long as reel 1 is plugged in.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline amitzivitzie

• NLG
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2019, 09:19:57 PM »
I looked at the VFD on the other machine and its just like the one in Amechanic's picture. Any suggestions on what to do next?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 10:17:54 PM by amitzivitzie »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2019, 10:05:34 PM »
I would try swapping the VFD. Remember you will have to use both the display and the board with the ribbon cable when you do the swap.

Offline amitzivitzie

• NLG
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2019, 10:25:43 PM »
Do you think I could find a used VFD part to buy that's like mine? I don't want to mess with the other machine to much. Do you have a part name I could search for
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 10:49:17 PM by amitzivitzie »

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2019, 10:54:31 PM »
Post a WTB ad with a pic of your part or try contacting a few of the venders on the top of the home page. Ohio Gaming, Midwest Slots, slot whole salers to name a few.
And remember...

Offline amitzivitzie

• NLG
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2019, 10:58:59 PM »
I'll keep you guys posted on any news. Thanks :)

Offline amitzivitzie

• NLG
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2019, 11:27:24 AM »
The new display did not fix the problem, nothing has changed. I think I'm ready to try a clear chip or a new board. Which one do you guys recommend?

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2019, 03:47:59 PM »
This is for the members helping amitzivitzie as well...
This is his machine.
Can the denomination touch screen cause a netplex error? Just thought I'd throw that out!
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2019, 04:10:50 PM »
Not kidding....a connector to the wrong NC tang (as opposed to a NO tang) of a deck button switch threw everything off on mine once.
I couldn't even get the Spin button to work when in the settings even with zero credits on the display.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2019, 07:17:14 AM »
I read through all four pages of this thread and unless I missed something it sounds like this is still the original 1270 MPU board, but minus the Varta/U16 and made a trip somewhere to be tested correct?  If so, I would try another known working 1270 board. 

Also, make sure you aren't swapping components without turning the power off first.

Offline amitzivitzie

• NLG
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2019, 09:00:58 AM »
You are correct Tilt, the board was sent in with the original power supply and they said they couldn't get the board to respond with the original power supply so they tested it with a different power supply and it worked. When I got back the parts(the new power supply and original board) I tried them in my machine and nothing had changed, still had netplex error, so I removed the VARTA and U16 and still nothing had changed. How much does a new 1270 board cost? If anyone has 1 please let me know. And yes I was powering off the machine while swapping parts :) Thank you guys soo much, this is an awesome community here
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 10:47:29 AM by amitzivitzie »

Offline amitzivitzie

• NLG
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2019, 01:40:36 PM »
Hey guys so would buying a new 1270 board be the best next step? If I bought a new board and it had the same SB chip would everything be ready to go or is there anything else I have to do? :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal