New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Game Conversion trying to finish up  (Read 868 times)

Offline jim7

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • jim7 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Game Conversion trying to finish up
« on: August 15, 2019, 01:23:35 PM »
Game started as a IGT S200 that I converted into a vision game called The Fishin Game. Everything is working great except... The original game has the credit LCD on the bottom right in a row. and I have tried and asked if there is a way to tell the CPU that is the display I am using.. Haven't had any luck with that one. SO... The numbers on the display make no sense. I was told that the game only used the 5 5 2 display located on the right of the reels. What do I need besides the display and the shorten glass?
ThanksJim

Offline jim7

• NLG
Re: Game Conversion trying to finish up
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 01:46:55 PM »
Ok after some more research I appears that my machine is set as a UPRIGHT and according to the manual it uses the  5 5 2 display but it looks like the slant top machine used the display I have. I went into the menus and tried to change  the setting. It says a on the screen above keychip is required to change machine type... ??? ? Ok how do I do that and where to I get one? and where does it go? Do you guys think it will work>?

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 02:13:40 PM »
Post a picture of the machine. A 5-5-2 short or long makes no difference to the MPU but it must be set correctly. I can see a slant top display fitting into an upright. If you have older SG chips there's probably no option for 6-6-3. A key chip is needed to change those settings. Let me know if you need one.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 185
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 03:11:13 PM »
I think the question is what's your long display a 6-6-3 or a 5-5-2? Because if it is a 6-6-3 it will not work with most vision set ups
You will need a long 5-5-2 display.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline jim7

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 03:40:48 PM »
Here are some pics as seen the lower left credit winner paid ect numbers are not right I do have a 17 chip I have never used should I use it?? I will also post a pic from the manual

Offline jim7

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 03:42:37 PM »
Manual pic with different cabinets and different displays

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2019, 03:58:38 PM »
That looks like a 6-6-3 long display. It will not work. You need a 5-5-3 long display. Picture of both you need the bottom one
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline jim7

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2019, 04:02:18 PM »
Know any good places to start looking for one?? that piece is seems to be all one.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2019, 04:04:15 PM »
Check with member RB or JIM

Offline jim7

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2019, 04:09:15 PM »
That looks like a 6-6-3 long display. It will not work. You need a 5-5-3 long display. Picture of both you need the bottom one

You want to sell one??  :applause:

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2019, 04:14:57 PM »
Also check with elvis on the chip set and top box upgrades. Usually SG 380s or 248 are for vision.
I also know there are early SGs like yours that will work.
The pictures are my spares sorry I have none for sale.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2019, 04:21:52 PM »
Make sure you also get an adapter for your display as it will use a white molex plug and not the small black molex that you're harness currently has.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2019, 04:27:22 PM »
Yours is all one also. You may be able to just get the 5-5-2 part of it. Either way the adapter could be an issue. I know they made them to go from 5-5-2 to 6-6-3 but you want to go the other way. I'm sure RB can help you out.

Offline jim7

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2019, 04:30:25 PM »
Thank you I will reach out to himJim

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2019, 04:33:54 PM »
I have a 5-5-2 long display & the adapter but let me do some research first to see if there's some SG chips that will allow you to use the 6-6-3. I need to know the ATA # on the flash card in the top box for compatibility. I'm betting you will have to update it too if you use the 6-6-3 & newer SG chips. I will PM you shortly.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2019, 04:43:10 PM »
It looks like an enhanced board to me. Visions need 500 series I believe and a 960 MB. Should run 1.00.65 ata and bgm44 on data card. Monitor may need updater when you get that far.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2019, 04:47:53 PM »
Elvis do you have any visions running 663.
All of mine I had to change to 552 to get them to work

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2019, 04:54:03 PM »
All of  mine are 552 and all have 500 boards. I thought I was told years ago enhanced would not work. Also know sound simms do nothing in a vision
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline jim7

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2019, 04:57:00 PM »
Believe it or not... The game is working great. the only complaint I have is the the display for coins credit and pay out is working but not making any sense.. number are all jacked up. I have no idea how or why but the conversion went flawlessly and I never even did a clear...The only modification I did was I pulled the memory chip out of the sound board.  Volume was insanely load and would not adjust with the menus. So I just decided to pull the memory card and now sound adjusts normally .

Offline jim7

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2019, 05:55:43 PM »
Got some parts coming from RB... Thanks Again bud.. To add more mystery on how this game is even working I will attach a pick of my SD card?? No idea how this thing is working but it is

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal