New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Game King LCD Monitor goes black  (Read 1589 times)

Offline nevadabob77

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • nevadabob77 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Game King LCD Monitor goes black
« on: September 11, 2019, 04:18:31 PM »

This post may belong in the monitor forum but first I will ask for advice here.  I have a 044 GK with a Ceronix LCD monitor that I got from Patriot Gaming 3 years ago.   The monitor started going total black on occasion a few days ago.  While the monitor is black the game can still be played.  If I shut down the machine and wait a few minutes I can then reboot and it is OK for 10 or fifteen minutes then the screen goes black again. Is there anything I can do to be sure that it is a monitor problem?  It is still under Ceronix’s  four  year warranty but I would prefer to be sure that it is a monitor problem before I send it in to them.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Game King LCD Monitor goes black
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 04:25:59 PM »
Short of swapping the monitor or MPU board I can't think of anything.  Most likely it's the LCD, either the inverter starting to go out or the CCFL tubes themselves.  You can't say for sure without swapping one or the other though. 

Offline Rep

• 5 of a kind masta!
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Rep New User has no influence.
  • HAPPY Game King and PE+ Owner! Thanks NLG! <3 :)
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 04:26:01 PM »
I can't guarantee you 100% that it isn't the monitor but I will say this, every flatscreen computer monitor or tv that I've owned aside from 1 died in just this manner. The display would shut off. If you power down and back on it would work again (as time went on the time it lasted after a poweroff got lower and lower to the point where it would only stay on for a few seconds tops) one I even had to unplug and let sit before I could get the LCD back on. I've lost about 4 or 5 and all but 1 acted in just this manner. Again I can't guarantee it, but I'd definitely lean towards it for sure. Cool deal that if it is the problem at least it is under warranty! Just my $0.02

Offline nevadabob77

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 04:31:22 PM »
Thanks REP you are spot on.....the "on" time keeps getting less every time I use it.  I only have two GK's and the other one is 3902 so I can't swap the Monitors.  The next step is to call Cernonix tomorrow....I appreciate the advice.  Thanks!

Offline Rep

• 5 of a kind masta!
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 05:13:24 PM »
Yeah, I remember one PC monitor I had did what yours was. The first time it stayed on 3 days! Then a day. Then 8 hours, etc. By the end like I said it wouldn't stay on for more than a few seconds. It's a bummer that you're having issues but it seems to be nailed down and the great news is WARRANTY!!! Just seems like a common way for LCD's to go kaput. Best of luck getting that GK back to 100% soon! :)

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 05:15:55 PM »
Thanks REP you are spot on.....the "on" time keeps getting less every time I use it.  I only have two GK's and the other one is 3902 so I can't swap the Monitors.  The next step is to call Cernonix tomorrow....I appreciate the advice.  Thanks!
You can swap Cernonix monitors between 3902 and 044.  There is a jumper about one or two inches above the vga port.

Offline nevadabob77

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 05:35:24 PM »
Please tell me more about doing something with the VGA jumper..  If possible I would like to swap the 2 monitors but I know very little about what to do with these VGA jumpers.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 05:37:03 PM »
As long as it has the same number of pins.  Some are 19, some are 25.

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 05:43:23 PM »
I also have one going bad like yours. I was told by a friend that fixes these its the CCFL tubes that are going bad. Glad your still under warranty. Bad thing you may have to pay to send back.

Offline nevadabob77

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2019, 05:52:54 PM »
Thanks Tilt.  Both monitors have 17 pins so the "bad" monitor is now in the 3902 machine.  I am testing it to see if I get the same results.

Offline nevadabob77

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2019, 06:26:07 AM »
I stand corrected both monitors have 19 pins.  The bad one worked fine all night in the 3902 machine so when it blacks out again in the 044 I will plug it back into the 3902 and see what happens. 

Offline nevadabob77

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2019, 04:10:13 PM »
Same problem today so I contacted Patriot Gaming and they sent me a form to use for returning the monitor under their 4 year warranty.   Thanks to all for the good advice.  I appreciate!

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2019, 05:28:05 PM »
Glad to hear it was the monitor and that they're going to take care of it for you.   :applause:

Offline Rep

• 5 of a kind masta!
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2019, 06:13:39 PM »
Seconded! ^ :)

Offline nevadabob77

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2019, 10:44:46 AM »
Here's an update on my monitor going black problem.  Thanks to Al at Patriot Gaming and to the nice folks at Ceronix I was sent a replacement A/D board.  The part number is CPM3044.  This fixed it and the good news it is covered 100% by the Ceronix four year warranty.  Great company to deal with IMHO.   Once again thanks for the help!
  :thank_you:

Offline Rep

• 5 of a kind masta!
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2019, 06:16:04 PM »
Excellent news!!! Glad you're back up and running! Thanks for the update! :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal