New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Paying when it shouldn't with Bell problem  (Read 2785 times)

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 171
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
Re: Paying when it shouldn't with Bell problem
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2019, 11:14:36 AM »

The reels are stamped

LEFT 684 467
CENTER 684 468
RIGHT 684 468

the right reel would usually be 684-469, but it could be a variant.  A machine that used 467-469 was model 1113-17 (triple bar left/right pay 25 cent)

that game also used G-358-170-25c for the reel glass and G-359-356-25c for the top display glass.

unfortunately, I don't have paperwork on the reel contact plates.  I do have docs on the index discs and reel tapes, but those aren't too useful.  I also have a schem for the base 1113 machine - tho that's a $1 lowboy that only uses CH, BA, BE and OR symbols on the reels, so your game would have different wiring on the reel contact plates.

it is fairly straightforward to make your own diagrams by looking at the wiring on the back of the reel contact plates,  but as Jim said the most likely thing is a wiper bridging rivets or a short on the wiring side of the contact plate. 

if you pay is valid for 2+ coins but shouldn't pay on 1 coin, make sure the stepper unit in the top is resetting all the way and wipers aren't bridging rivets on that.  You can't typically adjust the wiper finger position, but you can loosen the entire contact plate and rotate it a little in each direction to get the wiper contacts centered as best as possible on the rivets.

I'll put what I have at http://bingo.cdyn.com/slots on 12/17

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2019, 11:15:50 AM »
Sounds like a fun problem.
First question is - when it misplays, how much does it pay??
It appears this is a modified 809 machine as it does not seem to be a wide body, and these type ‘buyapays’ were not made except in wide body style.
Next your 90 wire generally feeds for 1st coin, then 91 (grey red) powers 2nd coin, lastly 92 or 93 is for 3rd coin. You can verify this by looking at odds disk for grey wires.
This should help you make sense of the wiring through your reel boards.
Does not appear to be a complicated board design, unlike some of the 5line XX machines.
If you get really stuck, put a piece of paper under the suspected bad reel wiper segment, put mech back in and then push back on your variator (timing bar) to reset hopper. If it pays again, go on to next wiper finger and repeat.
I still lean toward bad cut in the back of the wipers...
Keep at, it’ll get figured out.
Have you mapped out the pay cuts on your reel index boards yet?  A sharpie & notepad will let you map the reel disk cuts & pay structure.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline ncrguy

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • ncrguy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2019, 12:28:35 PM »
Yes it's 649 I made a typo.

Offline ncrguy

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2019, 12:36:00 PM »
When it pays and it shouldn't with one coin, it pays the correct amount bell/orange/plum and the the worse part the bell rings and stops after the pay out. If your playing 2 or 3 coins and the any/bell/bell comes up the bell rings, pays out but bell doesn't stop ringing!

Not sure if that helps but again I'm just going to disconnect the bell I bet in the end.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2019, 12:58:57 PM »
Have you looked at the cuts made in the back of your reel wiper arms?
They separate the circuits, and are needed to keep everything from ‘feeding’ together.

Offline ncrguy

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2019, 02:10:23 PM »
Have you looked at the cuts made in the back of your reel wiper arms?
They separate the circuits, and are needed to keep everything from ‘feeding’ together.

How do they look? I took them off and now can get a better shot of the boards.

the 2nd one is different I can see that now.
was the 2nd one replaced or is that original and 1 and 3 replaced?

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2019, 09:17:47 PM »
Ok, GREAT pics.
Next with wipers on, place each of them in the deepest cut for each reel. Mark position with a sharpie at top on board, & this is position #1. Write on paper for each reel what that symbol is.   It appears you have 8 different pay cuts. I will assume that 3bar is deepest, 2bar next and 1bar 3rd. This is because I see on your boards that your first 3 cuts appear to be joined to bars mixed relay area.  Of course I may be wrong. 
Do this for every cut in the disks.
Great problem.
Let me study your photos more, but you can draw lines with your sharpie on the backs of your boards (wire side) to show you how the wiper cuts separate things. This should help in figuring it out.
Great puzzle, thx.
Will get back to you.
I’m thinking this is an 809 made into a buy a pay, with 7’s added.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2019, 09:31:24 PM »
Ok, you might want to make a cut on your reel#1 wiper between the 6th and 7th buttons.
I think your odd barpays are feeding back because of this. Somebody probably forgot to make the cut.
No biggie because you can solder it back together like the 2nd reel wiper was done.
Let me know if that works. I think it will.
Either that or it might fix your ringing bell problem...?

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2019, 09:55:10 PM »
On second thought, you can just bend up 7th & 8th wipers so they don’t make contact.
That way, if i’m Wrong you don’t have to solder. Lol

Offline ncrguy

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2019, 10:08:22 PM »
Ok, GREAT pics.
Next with wipers on, place each of them in the deepest cut for each reel. Mark position with a sharpie at top on board, & this is position #1. Write on paper for each reel what that symbol is.   It appears you have 8 different pay cuts. I will assume that 3bar is deepest, 2bar next and 1bar 3rd. This is because I see on your boards that your first 3 cuts appear to be joined to bars mixed relay area.  Of course I may be wrong. 
Do this for every cut in the disks.
Great problem.
Let me study your photos more, but you can draw lines with your sharpie on the backs of your boards (wire side) to show you how the wiper cuts separate things. This should help in figuring it out.
Great puzzle, thx.
Will get back to you.
I’m thinking this is an 809 made into a buy a pay, with 7’s added.

like this?

Offline ncrguy

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2019, 10:19:51 PM »
On second thought, you can just bend up 7th & 8th wipers so they don’t make contact.
That way, if i’m Wrong you don’t have to solder. Lol

could you circle on one of my pics what i should bend?
 :Please_Post_Pictures_2:

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2019, 10:57:33 AM »
there were a few 809 models with 22 stops.  Unfortunately, I don't think I have any reel documentation for those.

below is the reel contact plate diagram for a 1088.  That was a wide-reel machine with left-right buy-a-pay.  It looks like it matches the wiring on your reel contact plates...but the wiper configuration is different - which is what oldreno is working thru.  [the diagram is in http://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/1088-31/ ... it's too big for the 1MB file size limitation on this site.

if nothing else, it may be worth comparing the 1088 diagram to you reels - see if the wire colors attached to the contact plates match the diagram.  if not, you can correct the diagram and that'll help you figure out whether the wipers make sense.

pictures that show the wiring side of the reel contact plates including enough of the wiring attached to the lugs to see the colors is ideal.

the diagrams for the reel tapes and index disc are now on http://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/1113-17.  The schem for the base model 1113 is at http://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/1113 along with the matching documentation.  There were two variants of the base 1113.  They used:
- tapes m-239-[1-3] with index discs p-684-[341-343]

- tapes m-239-[10-12] with index discs p-684-[294-296]

both variants used the same contact plate wiring (W-1041-[2685-2687]), so the difference should be what symbols are on the reel tapes and therefore the payback percentage of the game.

the only real use for the 1113 stuff is if you need to make your own documentation, you can see how the docs match.  The ones you are missing is the w-1041-x reel diagram and the schematic.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2019, 11:18:54 AM »
Ncrguy, go to 1st reel wiper. Count down 7 buttons & bend it away from the reel board so it doesn’t touch. Do same with 8th button. Or you could put tape on those 2 buttons, but you’t Have to clean it off. Try what’s easiest for you.
I am used to working on machines without schematics, and after time, it’s not too hard.
To map your cuts start at beginning of the reel strip, where it indexes, mark that symbol on the board  just above where the wiper sets . E.g. 3b for triple bar, p for plumb, etc. do this for each symbol around the reel, and you will have a better idea of what’s going on.  This is a great practice for anybody who is having Odd pays.  With this method  you can tell easily if your reel disc has been put on the reel Tin improperly. On your machine you should have only one kind of pay per position. I hope this makes sens

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2019, 11:50:23 AM »
I added the associated 1088-31 schematic.   Below is what you care about for the bell.

for the bell to ring, the circuit highlighted in green needs to connect to the circuit highlighted in blue.  The purple reel wipers do that.

note on the 1088-31, the bell rings when the payout relay is powered and the win is 7's, any bars or bells.  Lotsa ringing. Most games would just connect the sevens.  Since your game appears to be wired like the 1088-31, you'll need earplugs, mods to the reel plate wiring to disconnect the pays you don't want to hear, misadjust the payout relay switch so wire 30 never connects to wire 45, or disconnect the bell.

oldreno is questioning whether the connections between your wipers fingers are correct.  Since all the rivets on the contact plate connect back to wire 30 eventually, if the wrong wiper fingers are tied together, you'll get the bell ringing when it shouldn't and probably payouts when you shouldn't.

your wipers definitely do not match the 1088-31.  The wipers that connect 5 rows of rivets should be cut between the bottom 3 fingers and the 4th.  The 4th and 5th finger stay tied together.

if your 5 wiper span is the reel 1 wiper, you'd ring the bell any time 2+ coins were played and the first reel stopped on any bar.  The bell would stay ringing until you coin because you'd be connecting the bell circuit to wire 91.  Coining would power the handle release relay and/or coin relay and/or reset the coin unit ... any of which will disconnect wire 91 from wire 30 (eventually thru other stuff) and break the circuit.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 12:27:30 PM by wolftalk »

Offline ncrguy

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2019, 12:43:50 PM »
Good news to report:
The problem of paying with one coin is gone!
after putting tape as suggested and putting the wipers back on, and adjusting them once, and having to adjusted them a 2nd time the machine started paying. with one coin only cherry pays and not others, two coins the pay is good, with 3 coins the 3x 2bars the pay is off should be 50, it was 58 coins once and 54 coins a 2nd time (I don't care but i figured i'd report it)

as far as the bell ringing, there aint no ringing at all, not even on a 7's win.

thank you all for your help, as a repair tech myself in life I understand that troubleshooting problems and running into the odd and strange problems. So I thank you all

before the tape was on sometimes the bell would ring when it shouldn't

the bell would ring when it should but wouldn't stop ringing

the only time the bell would ring and turn off was when it shouldn't of with one coin playing and paying on the bar/bell/bell

with that said and some tape covering up 7 and 8, if you can think of something i could try i'm open and wiling to try it, but again THANK YOU, you guys are awesome.
 :thank_you: :thank_you: :thank_you:

i'll post some pics once i'm done, i've taken all the chrome off, lots of cleaning to do and Glass to figure out how to make.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2019, 01:48:14 PM »
Cool. Good work, now you can cut that wiper if you wish to get your bell back. Make a notch between the 5th and 6th set of rivets which hold the fingers on like in your photo.
Outboard wiper for 50 pay needs to be adjusted on your hopper payboard, it’s staying on the tab too long.
Right on...

Offline ncrguy

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2019, 03:15:31 PM »
Cool. Good work, now you can cut that wiper if you wish to get your bell back. Make a notch between the 5th and 6th set of rivets which hold the fingers on like in your photo.
Outboard wiper for 50 pay needs to be adjusted on your hopper payboard, it’s staying on the tab too long.
Right on...

That is where the cut should be made?
Measure twice cut once, want to check.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2019, 03:24:46 PM »
Dat’s the spot. Let us know how that affects your bell...

Offline ncrguy

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2019, 03:51:51 PM »
Take the tape off after the cut? Or leave it on?

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2019, 04:20:17 PM »
Once you make the cut, you can remove the tape and try it again..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal