New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Ram Clear/Reset Cards for IGT Model 96419000 Mfg. 7/2000 and IGT Model 96455500  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Al Boudreaux

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Al Boudreaux New User has no influence.
  • NLG
I have replaced the batteries in my IGT Model 96419000 Mfg. 7/2000 and IGT Model 96455500 Mfg. 5/05. I need to do a Ram Clear/ Reset on both machines but cannot find a Ram Clear/ Reset chip for these earlier model machine. Would a more current model card work on these older machines?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
post photo of the MPU, as the model outside the cabinet is not necessarily what is in the machine as these machines get upgraded with newer hardware.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Al Boudreaux

• NLG
rickhunter. I have a photo of the MPU but cannot send it as an attachment through this forum. Apparently the photo is larger in data than the attachment will allow. Is there another way I can send the photo to you? I have tried compressing the photo but still too large.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
load the photo into a paint program and reduce resolution to 1024x768.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Al Boudreaux

• NLG
The attached photo with the soldered battery in the lower left corner is the MPU for my IGT Model 96419000 machine of which I am trying to obtain a Ram Clear/Reset card for.

Offline Ash100

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
That looks like a 3902 board.

Are your machines both video types? Game King or I-Games?

Curtis ash100
Eat 'till you're tired, Sleep 'till you're hungry

Offline Al Boudreaux

• NLG
I wish I knew more about the machines, I am new at this and naturally the place I purchased them from eight years ago is out of business so I get no help there.  I know it is a model IGT 96419000 mfg. in 7/2000. It is a video screen with Double Diamond 2000 game with the Jewel Box Bonus. I replaced the battery and it now booths up to the game screen ready to play. Bill validator is not accepting bills, hopefully it will after performing a ram clear or this may be an additional problem to be fixed. Is there a place I can look in the machine to determine Game King or I-Games? I will post the other MPU photo shortly.

Offline Ash100

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
What you have is known as an I-Game. Or Interactive Game, of the video type. I have a Double Diamond 2000 as well, it's a fun game with neat bonuses.

A Game King is also a video machine, but features Poker, Keno, Slots and sometimes BlackJack instead of a single theme video slot.

It would actually say Game King on the glass.

So it sounds like your Double Diamond machine reset fine after the battery change, and normally they will without any additional programming or clearing. All of your game data should remain, as it's stored on a Serial EEPROM.

As far as the Bill Validator not accepted bills, it may just need to be re-seated, or you could have a switch mis-adjusted and so on.

Are there any error messages on your screen. Does the Bill Validator cycle when you start up the machine.

Posting photos of the inside of the machine and any error messages will help us out in getting you back to playing your games.

The error messages are sometimes hard to see, as they're written in small font across the top or bottom of the game screen.

Hope this helped you out some.

Curtis ash100
Eat 'till you're tired, Sleep 'till you're hungry

Offline Al Boudreaux

• NLG
Thank you for helping to identify the game. I do not see any error messages on the screen. The Bill Validator is a WBA-12-SS. It does not cycle when I turn on the machine on. I removed it and manually place a bill in it and reinstalled. It does reject the bill. I have another BV in my other IGT machine. When I install it in the DD 2000 it cycles but will not accept any bills.??
I have been trying for the last two hours to loan a photo of my other machines MPU. Having trouble with site error too large data. My other IGT machine is duel type video screen on top and 5 reels on bottom. It is a Denver Duck game. After replacing both batteries, I get an error code on the digital display on the lower portion of the machine. Ram Error, MSVERIFY : Com Error. Since battery replacement the video screen no longer illuminates. I am working on trying to post photos of both machines and interiors

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
Denver duck is an IGT Reel Touch machine.  The other machine is probably IGT iGame+ (gamekings are the same thing, just different software and single row button panel).

Offline Al Boudreaux

• NLG
Thanks to all responses I am making a little progress on getting my IGT Model 96419000 to work. It is now determined to be an I-Game. After some time in storage, I initially turned on the machine and received a "Main Battery Low" error. I replaced the battery but did not do a Ram Clear/Reset Up yet as I do not have a card at this time. The machine came up, initialized and went to the game screen. I selected the denomination and was ready to play. The bill Validator(WBA-12-SS) did not recycle or make any noise nor would it take any cash. I made a phone call to Jim in Ohio who was extremely helpful in trouble shooting the BV. After moving the 1,2,3 and 8 switches down, when I reinstalled the BV and powered up the machine, placed the 8 switch up, the BV cycled through and the two LEDs illuminated. After several tries the BV accepted a bill and dropped it into the cash box but did not place any credits on the machine. Instead I got a "Touch Screen Com Failure" and $0.00 showing on the screen below the error message. I replaced the BV with an identical one from another machine and received the same error. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
I would turn machine off and remove mpu board and check for a bent pin and reseat the mpu.  Touch screen failure error can happen when mpu is not fully inserted into the backplane (or a bent pin).

Offline Al Boudreaux

• NLG
Thank you for the bent pin suggestion. I removed the mpu and yes, I did find a bent pin. I corrected that problem. I placed the 1,2,3 and 8 switches on the BV in down position and installed into machine. After power up and initializing, the game screen came up ready for play. The two led lights came on on the BV. I raised the 8 switch up and the BV cycled. The BV accepted the first bill I placed in it but did not record and cash credits on the game screen.I tried to place additional bills in the BV but it kept rejecting them until the Error screen appeared with "Touch Screen Com Failure". I turned power off machine and restarted but the same error screen appeared after the game initialized. BV did not cycle either.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
Pull the bill validator out and power up machine without it, does the touchscreen error return?  If it doesn't, power down put validator in and see if the touchscreen error returns, if it does, you have a bad bill validator.

Offline Al Boudreaux

• NLG
IGT Model 96419000, Double Diamond 2000 with Jewel Box Bonus,I-Game, Mfg 7/2000 Bill Validator WBA-12-SS USA-501-24
Pulled original BV, powered up. Screen initialized and showed game screen. I can select lines, denominations, etc. every thing works on the screen. Lower half of attendant call light on top of machine is flashing. No errors or tilts are showing when turn key to attendant screen.
Powered down, installed BV. Power up, machine initializes and game screen shows. If eight switches on BV are up, DV does not cycle and does not take in bills. With switches 1,2,3 and 8 down, when machine initializes, led lights illuminate on BV and when switch 8 is placed up, the BV cycles. The BV accepts bills but will not register cash credits on the game screen. Total cash remains $0.00. After accepting several bills with no registration of cash, the Call Attendant Screen Illuminates with "Touch Screen Communication Failure". I repeated the process with another BV from another  IGT machine and got the same results. I repeated the process again with another WBA-12-SS BV from a Williams machine. I did not get a "Touch Screen Com Failure" with this BV but again, It accepted the bills but did not record cash credit on the game screen so I cannot play the machine. None of the BVs would cycle on start up unless I placed the switches as noted above and the lower attendant light on top of machine stays on. I replaced batteries earlier and waiting on a ram clear chip to reset. Would that help?? Frustrating!!!

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
You can't swap bill validators between a wms and igt machines, they use different protocols.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal