New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Game King No Video or front lights  (Read 859 times)

Offline MrSub

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • MrSub New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Game King No Video or front lights
« on: February 22, 2021, 04:50:42 PM »
Its been a year and I am back again.
I have a game king with the 044 MPU, Last year I had to replace it as it had a red blinking light.

This year the MPU has the 5 orange lights and 2 green lights but the monitor/screen(LCD) will not power up and the button lights don't light up. The front door bulbs light up for the "multigame" glass light up.
The bill acceptor will cycle for about 2 seconds then quit. The machine doesn't seem to fully boot.
If you hold the white button on the MPU while booting the bill acceptor will fully cycle but never be lite up.

I have checked the Power Supply and also replaced it with a known good one. I get 13.1v and 24.98v on the J3 connector.
I have removed and reinstalled the I/O cards.

If you leave the door open as it powers up you get the alarm and it will stop once the door is closed.

Does anyone have any suggestions.
Thanks!

Also note that I am skimming the forums looking for similar issues.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 07:32:23 PM by MrSub »

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Game King No Video or front lights
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 06:06:49 PM »
Have you checked the fuses on the motherboard?  The electronic lamp ballasts operate off the +25VDC supply (along with other things).

Offline MrSub

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 06:09:26 PM »
Have you checked the fuses on the motherboard?  The electronic lamp ballasts operate off the +25VDC supply (along with other things).

I checked the 2x 15amp fuses on the back plane. Are those the ones you're referring to?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 06:13:55 PM »
Yes, that's them.  See if you have +25VDC at the ballasts. 

Offline MrSub

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2021, 06:20:57 PM »
Yes, that's them.  See if you have +25VDC at the ballasts.

I guess I should clarify that the bulbs that light up the front are working its the buttons on the door that don't light up.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2021, 06:31:39 PM »
Ah ok, I was thinking the top and belly glass lamps were out which would point to something on the +25VDC side being bad. 

Since the alarm goes off with the door open, that means there's an error of some type, but you can't see it.  Does the monitor had a power LED, and if so does it light up when the power is on?

Offline MrSub

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2021, 07:02:59 PM »
Ah ok, I was thinking the top and belly glass lamps were out which would point to something on the +25VDC side being bad. 

Since the alarm goes off with the door open, that means there's an error of some type, but you can't see it.  Does the monitor had a power LED, and if so does it light up when the power is on?

There is the what I call the Menu board that has a green LED that does not light up.
That is the board that allows for setting brightness, contrast, etc of the LCD.

Are you thinking the LCD is bad? Is there anyway to check that without buying another one?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2021, 07:31:48 PM »
Yes, that's what it looks like now.  Since the monitor power LED is not lit I'd check the monitor power supply first.  Some of them use a "brick" style power supply that have their own power LED, standard plugs on the AC & DC ends, and can be replaced pretty easily.  Others are an open frame power supply that don't have any indicators and use molex connectors.  Those are easy to replace too, but you have to find the exact replacement since the connectors are made for that supply.  You may have a cover on the back of the monitor that you'll have to remove to see what type of power supply it uses.  Post a pic of the back side of your monitor with the cover removed and we'll see what can be done next.

Offline MrSub

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2021, 07:40:49 PM »
Yes, that's what it looks like now.  Since the monitor power LED is not lit I'd check the monitor power supply first.  Some of them use a "brick" style power supply that have their own power LED, standard plugs on the AC & DC ends, and can be replaced pretty easily.  Others are an open frame power supply that don't have any indicators and use molex connectors.  Those are easy to replace too, but you have to find the exact replacement since the connectors are made for that supply.  You may have a cover on the back of the monitor that you'll have to remove to see what type of power supply it uses.  Post a pic of the back side of your monitor with the cover removed and we'll see what can be done next.

Its a open back as the electronics are exposed. I will look at it Wed as it is a friends.
Just curious, would that also cause the bill acceptor to not fully cycle when powered on? It will only start to cycle for maybe 2-3 seconds and abruptly stop. Also the light for the bill acceptor does not light up.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2021, 07:57:14 PM »
Ok.  I'm not really sure, whatever error the system has may stop the cycling.  The light for the BV will not illuminate until the game is completely booted up and ready for play.  That won't happen until the error is cleared.  My guess is it's probably a RAM error from a low main battery. 044 main batteries only last 18 - 24 months or so.  Won't know for sure though until the monitor works.

Offline MrSub

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2021, 07:41:04 AM »
Here is the lcd screen. I am going to try and see if I can get video to a regular monitor today and see if it's throwing an error.

Offline wizeone

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • wizeone New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2021, 08:26:59 AM »
we have that style back on our 19" korteks. the power unit loves to go out. if your good at re-capping things you could try that.  we normally just get them from https://na.suzohapp.com/products/accessories/10-0001-00

you would need to doulbe check your model number / part number on the power unit when looking for one that works with your monitor.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2021, 10:11:15 AM »
You can disconnect the DC input from the A/D board, feed it through the front of the monitor, put the monitor back in and then test the connector for +12VDC.  It's not uncommon for those open frame power supplies to fail as wizeone said. 

Offline MrSub

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2021, 05:05:21 PM »
Well I get video with an external monitor.
Looks like the power supply on the monitor is bad. I will be looking for one of those unless i can find a lcd cheaper than $500.

I am getting a call attendant screen and then the data memory error but i think resetting everything it will work out.
I also changed out the coin battery as a precaution.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2021, 05:24:44 PM »
The error should be easy to clear.  After you get a monitor open the door, boot it up, when the error message appears turn the jackpot reset 2 - 3 times.  Follow any on-screen directions it gives you and you'll be back in business.

The power supply is cheaper than a whole new LCD by a long shot.

Offline MrSub

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2021, 07:31:42 PM »
A new lcd power supply fixed the problem. Thanks guys!

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2021, 08:29:44 PM »
That's great, congratulations!  :applause: .  Thanks for updating the thread on what resolved your problem too.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal