New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Game King bill validator comm issue  (Read 1717 times)

Offline mmckenna1

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mmckenna1 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Game King bill validator comm issue
« on: June 01, 2021, 06:15:36 PM »
keep getting a comm error with the billl validator.  Ran the key 28 reset, how do I know what the proper address is? Is there a wiring diagram or schematic that can help me verify connections?  Previous owner bought a replacement whole bill validator but the same error so I'm thinking it's addressing. 

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Game King bill validator comm issue
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2021, 06:26:50 PM »
 :NLG_WELCOME:

There is no addressing for netplex devices.  Since it was replaced before you bought it and hasn't worked the first thing I would check is the BV firmware.  It should be ID024.  Post a pic of your validator so we can determine if it's a WBA or MEI.  Pictures have to be less than 1MB, so resize as necessary to get under that limit.

Offline mmckenna1

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2021, 06:11:22 PM »
See pics.  I may have mis spoke.  It is a game king 044 enhanced I believe.

Offline mmckenna1

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2021, 06:41:30 PM »
How do I check the BV firmware if I cant communicate with it?

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 410
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2021, 07:28:37 PM »
If we can read the labels we might be able to help ya.

blow up the pictures on one side (width or length) to 1000 pixels and it will load up so we can see the numbers.....

or

type them out
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2021, 08:36:15 PM »
Ok, it's an MEI validator.  There's a wrinkled, crooked pic in the middle photo, what does it say?  I can't make it out.

Offline mmckenna1

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2021, 04:18:00 PM »
Part number on both is 252014091 with different serial numbers obviously
Model number on both sc6602
Wrinkled paper:
MEI MARS IGT RS 17070
M60489219198220 02-12
Version 2.09/2.20

Offline mmckenna1

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2021, 07:09:34 PM »
Anyone?

Offline dailey

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2021, 12:49:11 PM »
First, this MEI SC6602 is the correct bill validator for the S2000/I-game Game King.  All SC6602 validators use ID024 which is the IGT interface.  You may have an older software version which doesn't accept the latest bills but I doubt this would cause a communication problem. It should just reject bills it doesn't recognize but all versions should take $1.00

Do you have another SC6602 head you can swap as a test ?  The problem might be in the the head, the interface board in the chassis or the wiring harness/connections.

According to the part number, this is a flash version BV head. If you have the older software version and need to update, you need to find someone who can flash it (load the latest software). It would probably be simpler to just buy another BV head.

Offline mmckenna1

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2021, 05:01:32 PM »
Thanks!  Is there any technical documentation on the wiring harness/connections and interface board?  There are pics of the connection to the bill validator.  It will not run to accept/reject bills at all.

Offline dailey

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2021, 11:14:42 PM »
The only electrical connections on my MEI is three of those four black connectors. One of the black connectors isn't used on mine. Disconnect those spade connectors that have the black & green wire. Those spade connectors aren't used.

Offline mmckenna1

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2021, 06:41:41 PM »
Unplugging the spades made no difference.  Cant even feed a bill to either bill changer.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal