New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Game King 044 6.4 Frozen Screen  (Read 1065 times)

Offline MazzMayhem

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • MazzMayhem Is working their way up.MazzMayhem Is working their way up.MazzMayhem Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Game King 044 6.4 Frozen Screen
« on: August 09, 2021, 08:07:25 PM »
Hello, I have a Game King w/ 044 board running 6.4 everything has been running great no issues at all until . . . I swapped out the top and belly glass. Turned off the machine, swapped out the glass and turned the machine back on. Not sure if the screen froze at that point because I had left for a few hours and it’s when I got back that I had noticed it. I’m able to get into the menu,touchscreen is working fine and there are no tilts. On the frozen screen in the right hand corner return to game is not highlighted and the bv bezel does not light up. If anyone has experienced or is familiar with this issue I sure would appreciate a little help thank you
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 11:45:56 PM by MazzMayhem »

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Game King 044 6.4 Frozen Screen
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2021, 08:55:49 PM »
According to your screen shot of the main menu, your main door is open.  Do you have door optics in your machine, or have they been by-passed?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline MazzMayhem

• MazzMayhem Is working their way up.MazzMayhem Is working their way up.MazzMayhem Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2021, 08:59:50 PM »
Hey Rick thank you for responding. I believe they have been bypassed.

Offline MazzMayhem

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2021, 09:06:32 PM »
I have two cherry switches at the main door one above the other and only the bottom one has wires going to it and that one controls the cabinet light behind the cash can. There is another switch at the belly door that has no wires going to it but I will open it up and make sure the wires that were going to it have a wire nut

Offline MazzMayhem

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2021, 10:34:20 PM »
So I swapped out both I/O cards and no change. I was in the diagnostic menu with the main door closed and when I opened it the number on the screen changed from 1 to 0 so I’m guessing the main door is not the problem. The number for the bill validator door as well as the number for the coin drop door is flickering extremely fast between 1 and 0 ?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2021, 10:45:45 PM »
close all doors and see if you still have the open M message bottom right of the screen.  If you do, you probably have optics.  Post a photo of the top half of the right side of the cabinet with the door open so we can see if you have optics.  The machine will not work with door open M message.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline MazzMayhem

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2021, 11:41:59 PM »
Sorry was reading old posts. All doors have been closed same error message

Offline MazzMayhem

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2021, 11:50:39 PM »
When I open the main door the number on the input screen changes from 1 to 0, the number for the bill validator door when the bv door is closed, rapidly switches back and forth continuously from 1 and 0 as well as the coin drop door and the power supply pulse
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 07:22:27 AM by MazzMayhem »

Offline MazzMayhem

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2021, 01:18:14 AM »
I know I don’t have optics so there is no way for me to clear the open m error unless I clear the motherboard so I might give that a try that in the morning.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2021, 09:19:37 AM »
I just noticed that you have both Open M and Closure M at the same time.  It's kind of weird as I've never seen that before.  Like you said, maybe a clear will help?

Offline BettorSlots

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...
    • Bettor Slots
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2021, 10:05:23 AM »
Check the small switch at the belly glass which could have been affected by changing out the glass.  When you open the belly door its at the top left.  You should loop that switch in my opinion.  The main door switch should definitely not be looped (the two cherry switches for the main door) as sometimes for some operations the machine needs to know the door is open. 

Offline MazzMayhem

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2021, 10:19:23 AM »
After the clear the close m notification went away but the open m still remains. Optics are by-passed as is the belly door and bv door and if I press the main door Cherry switch the value changes from 0 to 1 so I have no idea why I’m getting the open m error.

Offline MazzMayhem

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2021, 10:22:33 AM »
This machine has been working perfect no issues at all

Offline MazzMayhem

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2021, 10:27:16 AM »
The machine knows when the door is open or closed by the Cherry switch being activated

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2021, 11:11:44 AM »
You have the type of switch that can close also by pulling the switch out and locks into place.  Do that when not in diagnostic and see if the open door M goes away.  You may have a bad switch, or when you close the door somehow the switch doesn't get pushed in all the way?

Offline MazzMayhem

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2021, 11:35:15 AM »
Hey Rick, I have a identical Game King to this machine I’m having issues with so I swapped out the motherboard and mpu from my good machine to the problem machine and the open m issue went away. So the issue is with the board itself right? Can these 044 boards be repaired? I just spent $500 converting this machine from 3902 to 044 two weeks ago.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2021, 08:38:39 AM »
You probably have acid damage from a once leaked battery.  Some people have had success repairing the traces but it is not an easy fix.  I've never been able to fix one, so I just keep a couple of spares with no batteries in them.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal