New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Igame+ cabinet MPU fan question  (Read 1708 times)

Offline btwovegas

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • btwovegas New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Igame+ cabinet MPU fan question
« on: October 06, 2021, 06:23:38 AM »
Decided to replace the MPU fan which was running a little loud (52 Decibels with door shut).  You folks are right that its near impossible to get out.  I basically choose to just destroy the old fan by chiseling it out and then gripping the bolts with small vice grips until they came out.  Tried the screwdriver at first but the locktite held it in there like super glue.

unfortunately i bent the screws while removing it.  Does anyone know the exact dimensions of those screws because the thread count is very high compared to normal machine screws.

Also I have seen photos of some MPU fans blowing in while others blow out.  Which is the correct method? (mine was blowing out)

Offline RobinAK

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • RobinAK New User barely matters.RobinAK New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: Igame+ cabinet MPU fan question
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 06:34:49 AM »
Mine blows out. I don't know screw size off hand. I chose to remove the entire tray to replace the fan on the bench. Took some time to take it apart but worth it. I like to to a little as possible and sneak it in/out but sometimes the effort to do so is not worth it. I fix cars for a living and have learned this over the years. Sometimes fighting to sneak a part out and back in is more work than just taking it apart to begin with.

Offline Z71OFFROAD

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Z71OFFROAD New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 06:52:50 AM »
I remove the bill validator unit. takes about 30 minutes to pull out the bill validator replace the fan and put it all back again.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 410
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 07:27:22 AM »
I was curious so I went go look in mine. :sherlock:
There's no fan in there on the bottom anywhere.
Only one fan up in the top-box.

Where does this fan go down near the bill validator?
Can anyone show me a photo of where it should be?
Thanks! :cool_thumb_up:

Below is a drawing of mine...>>>
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 07:44:18 AM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Z71OFFROAD

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 07:34:00 AM »
It's up on the right hand side there the game tray slides into the mother board. 40mm X 40mm 24volt Fan.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 410
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2021, 07:50:04 AM »
haha...I found what you're talking about.
There's a hole on the inner panel of the right hand side wall of my Alien GK but there's no hole on the outside black metal panel??  :rotfl:

Look at this photo I just took inside of the Alien !!
Guess I better pull out a drill and jigsaw! Thanks...>>>
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Z71OFFROAD

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2021, 07:54:40 AM »
The fan is just above the light in your game. It's mounted on the outside of the game tray.

Offline btwovegas

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2021, 07:55:19 AM »
Yup, if you pull out your game board you will see it on the right hand side of the tray bracket.  Well Im thinking its a #4-48 screw x 1 inch from what my old eyes can count of the threads

Offline Z71OFFROAD

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2021, 07:56:23 AM »
The 24 volt fan plugs into the mother board.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2021, 08:05:25 AM »
The mpu fan is very important especially with an 044 flash board, gets really hot without it.  It should blow out.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2021, 08:23:59 AM »
Mine blows out. I don't know screw size off hand. I chose to remove the entire tray to replace the fan on the bench. Took some time to take it apart but worth it. I like to to a little as possible and sneak it in/out but sometimes the effort to do so is not worth it. I fix cars for a living and have learned this over the years. Sometimes fighting to sneak a part out and back in is more work than just taking it apart to begin with.

That's the best way to do it in my opinion.  I posted instructions on how I removed mine in this old thread.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=12236.msg66434#msg66434

Offline RobinAK

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2021, 01:02:20 PM »
So beings were talking fans for the igame. What is recommended for a cabinet fan? The larger one blowing air outside. Mine is noisy & I am fixing to replace it and was wondering what you all are using.

Offline btwovegas

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2021, 01:08:40 PM »
I have a temporary 40x40 one in right now while i wait for delivery but these belolw worked for me since i have an LCD screen instead of a CRT.  Doesn't heat up much so i went for the most silent ones i could find while still moving a decent CFM of air.

all 24volts dc, just have to splice the lines with the old connector.

40x40x20
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/sanyo-denki/109p0424b602/?qs=Ldb7c5mTB14N1UJf9iA6Tw%3d%3d&countrycode=US&currencycode=USD

80x80x25
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/sanyo-denki/9a0824l402/?qs=t9Lg9qrXjExlcjcDhGVHTQ%3d%3d&countrycode=US&currencycode=USD

92x92x25
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/sanyo-denki/9s0924l4021/?qs=t9Lg9qrXjEywUP3NgZJ1pA%3D%3D&countrycode=US&currencycode=USD

Offline RobinAK

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2021, 06:56:25 AM »
I have a temporary 40x40 one in right now while i wait for delivery but these belolw worked for me since i have an LCD screen instead of a CRT.  Doesn't heat up much so i went for the most silent ones i could find while still moving a decent CFM of air.

all 24volts dc, just have to splice the lines with the old connector.

40x40x20
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/sanyo-denki/109p0424b602/?qs=Ldb7c5mTB14N1UJf9iA6Tw%3d%3d&countrycode=US&currencycode=USD

80x80x25
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/sanyo-denki/9a0824l402/?qs=t9Lg9qrXjExlcjcDhGVHTQ%3d%3d&countrycode=US&currencycode=USD

92x92x25
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/sanyo-denki/9s0924l4021/?qs=t9Lg9qrXjEywUP3NgZJ1pA%3D%3D&countrycode=US&currencycode=USD

Thank You

Offline btwovegas

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2021, 10:01:13 AM »
Just finished installing the three new fans. Went from 53 decibels to around 32 decibels overall so extremely happy. Still plenty of air flow in my onpinion.  The big 92mm stock fan replacement definitely made a difference also but the air flow dropped from 56 to 29.3 CFM on that one fan. But with an LCD screen and the remaining 80mm fan, it should be fine.

The 40mm fan on the MPU is silent as a mouse. but went from 8.53 cfm to 4.98 cfm airflow.  Will have to see how much of an impact this on the MPU temperature wise.

Offline RobinAK

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2021, 10:13:06 PM »
Just finished installing the three new fans. Went from 53 decibels to around 32 decibels overall so extremely happy. Still plenty of air flow in my onpinion.  The big 92mm stock fan replacement definitely made a difference also but the air flow dropped from 56 to 29.3 CFM on that one fan. But with an LCD screen and the remaining 80mm fan, it should be fine.

The 40mm fan on the MPU is silent as a mouse. but went from 8.53 cfm to 4.98 cfm airflow.  Will have to see how much of an impact this on the MPU temperature wise.

Awesome. I just ordered up a couple sets of 92 and the 80's. I just did the 40's recently. But the big guys.. man they are noisy as heck. cant wait to change them out.

Offline firehawk618

• Reputation Power: 10
  • firehawk618 New User has no influence.
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2022, 09:29:00 PM »
I just went through this with my machine.  The old fan was seized up good.

I chose to pull the bill validator cage out.  It took me 5 minutes to get that unit out then used a right angle ratcheting bit driver to get those damned glued in screws out.

Offline Cocotech

• Cocotech New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2022, 10:01:10 AM »
I was able to remove the old fan using an Xcelite "stubby' screwdriver without removing the cages or tray holder. See pic.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2022, 10:09:12 AM »
Had your fan been replaced before?  The original screws are loctited in making them almost impossible to remove with removing something that allows you to get better access and leverage on them.

Offline Cocotech

• Cocotech New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2022, 11:46:41 AM »
Good question Tilt. I honestly don't know if the fan was replaced before I got the machine. The fan certainly looked old and sluggish. It finally stopped completely.  I will admit the screws were tough to get out, and I thought they had some Loctite or equivalent on them. The wide handle on the screwdriver did give me pretty good leverage.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal