New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Coin Out Jam error help  (Read 1206 times)

Offline smileman83

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • smileman83 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Coin Out Jam error help
« on: October 23, 2021, 02:13:03 PM »
Been reading and am trying to help a friend who has a game king 044 board style i game. Called today and said he has a coin out jam which wont clear. 4 year old son pressed cash out button. My plan is to head over , but wanted to make sure what I read and summarized. I assume I use Key chip 22 is I need to, but I read somewhere about removing ram chips to allow program loss and then that will clear credit and start her up. I will most likely change the battery while I am there and pull out the bottom of the cash out button. My question is if I do that, do I have to use the Key chip at all?

Thanks as always for help.

Bruce

Offline smileman83

• NLG
Re: Coin Out Jam error help
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 02:16:25 PM »
One other thing. I beleive when I ordered his board, I had them put a GKB boot chip, but I dont remember how to get into key chip menu using that chip.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2021, 03:08:01 PM »
Key 22 is for 3902 boards.  You'll need Key 28 for a 044 with flash board, unless it has the GKDEV39 boot chip in it.  If that's the case then press and hold the self test button on the MPU while powering the machine up.  Then the menu will appear.  Select the non-WAP keychip and it will boot to the keychip menu when it restarts. 

Offline smileman83

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2021, 03:48:44 PM »
perfect, so its built in as i thought, . is that the best way to do this or remove ram chips

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2021, 04:00:32 PM »
044 RAM chips are soldered in, so you're not removing them easily.  If you want to clear the RAM, do it via the GKDEV39 RAM operations menu.  If you replace the battery that will do it too.

Offline qbert

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2021, 05:20:53 PM »
Is the machine coinless or does it have coins?
If it is coinless make sure the hopper limit is set to zero.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline smileman83

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2021, 08:59:45 AM »
Its coinless. SO with the GBK chip I do all clears or only ram clear?? Cannot remember what that menu will say

Offline smileman83

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2021, 09:02:09 AM »
sorry that should read GKDev39 chip

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2021, 03:40:50 PM »
RAM Operations is the top menu tab.  Chose clear RAM.  No need to clear EEPROM.

Offline smileman83

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2021, 12:42:26 PM »
And after RAM clear, the hopper settings are in the menus from the attendant key on top or somewhere else?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2021, 01:18:18 PM »
With no credits on machine, open the door, press white test button and go into setup menu.

Offline smileman83

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2021, 04:14:49 PM »
Okay cleared Ram and that took care of tilt. Removed cash out button. But I did go into setup menu under peripherals and the hopper is enabled, but when i push the green enabled button nothing happens?? Touch screen works for everything else.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2021, 04:23:26 PM »
Go to limits and set hopper limit to zero.

Offline smileman83

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2021, 04:33:35 PM »
After doing that can I disable hopper?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2021, 04:36:37 PM »
That will disable the hopper.

Offline qbert

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2021, 04:48:47 PM »
If the hopper is set to zero you do not have to remove the cash out button. When pressed a jackpot key turn will reset the cash out hand pay.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2021, 05:16:35 PM »
Okay cleared Ram and that took care of tilt. Removed cash out button. But I did go into setup menu under peripherals and the hopper is enabled, but when i push the green enabled button nothing happens?? Touch screen works for everything else.

You have to be in the keychip menu to disable it.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal