New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT 1 no communication to monitor and bv  (Read 1114 times)

Offline Chuck spurlock

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Chuck spurlock Is on the verge of being accepted.Chuck spurlock Is on the verge of being accepted.Chuck spurlock Is on the verge of being accepted.Chuck spurlock Is on the verge of being accepted.Chuck spurlock Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
IGT 1 no communication to monitor and bv
« on: December 17, 2021, 11:16:09 PM »
Hi all,
I'm trying to put together this barn find and every time i get an issue solved a new one arises
, finally got a picture on the screen and now i get touchscreen communication failure and bill validator comm failure. The power supply has been changed and i notice the red power light  on the power distributor box and the red light on the backplane are not lit, any suggestions?

Offline Z71OFFROAD

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Z71OFFROAD New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: IGT 1 no communication to monitor and bv
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2021, 10:23:42 AM »
There are a lot of smart people on this site willing to help. Pictures are worth a thousand words. Pictures of your machine would help a lot.

Offline Chuck spurlock

• Chuck spurlock Is on the verge of being accepted.Chuck spurlock Is on the verge of being accepted.Chuck spurlock Is on the verge of being accepted.Chuck spurlock Is on the verge of being accepted.Chuck spurlock Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2021, 10:39:45 AM »
sorry i'm still trying to figure this pic thing out, i'm not to sharp

Offline Chuck spurlock

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2021, 10:41:53 AM »
i'm wondering if this unit is the problem

Offline Chuck spurlock

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2021, 10:44:01 AM »
there is no light on this unit or back plane but the game comes up but i can't do anything else due to the monitor being a touch screen

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2021, 11:02:52 AM »
i'm wondering if this unit is the problem

No.  That's the comm box.  You'll need it if you install a tito board though.

The BV, Touchscreen, and Ticket Printer all use a common bus called Netplex.  If one of those devices is bad it can disrupt all the communications on it.  Try removing the Bill Validator and see if it clears.  If not disconnect the ticket printer and see that helps. 

Offline Z71OFFROAD

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2021, 11:10:51 AM »
If that is your machine pic it shows you have a PXLF error on bootup. The game won't load if you have that error.

Offline Chuck spurlock

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2021, 11:40:09 AM »
yeah i got rid of that error

Offline Chuck spurlock

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2021, 11:45:11 AM »
i unplugged the harness that says netplex from the back plane board and no change

Offline Chuck spurlock

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2021, 11:46:43 AM »
i unplugged the bv and i don't have a printer, no change

Offline Chuck spurlock

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2021, 12:40:55 PM »
okay here's where we are: ithe bv wasn't working so i found this harness and it looked like it was the only none around there that would fit but it had a plug end with a jumper in so i pulled the end off and plugged the harness in to the bv, that must have been when i lost the touch screen.

i pulled the plug on the bv and put that jumper back on and now the touch screen is working, now there is no harness for the bv so i cant put credits to try it out::::::: BUT now i have this other thing to look in to::: options verifications required

so now what do i do?

Offline Chuck spurlock

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2021, 12:43:13 PM »
also i have a coin in jam error but there is no hopper or comparitor in the machine

Offline Z71OFFROAD

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2021, 09:23:41 AM »
On the screen that says Main Battery low, you are going to need to replace the battery on the CPU board. You need to pull out the tray under the monitor. the battery is located on the upper lefthand side of the CPU board. Don't know if it is soldered to the board or not. Vender on this site will have what you need as far as the battery. In the Repair Logs you will find a lot of helpful info on just about anything you need. Also after replacing the battery you will need to do a keychip to get what you want as far as setting up games and other things. I think you will need a keychip #22 or #40 to set everything up after you replace the battery. You can get the keychip if you don't already have one again from one of the vendor's here. I think you will get an info sheet on how to setup everything you need with the keychip, but if you don't then again you will find the information in the repair logs. BEFORE DOING A KEYCHIP MAKE SURE THERE ARE NO CREDITS ON THE MACHINE!

Offline Z71OFFROAD

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2021, 09:42:34 AM »
Forgot to ask if your game board is a 3902 or a 044? Makes a difference in the keychip you use.

Offline Chuck spurlock

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2021, 07:44:46 PM »
it's a 3902, okay i have everything solved except i'm getting bv error, this is the can and bv that was in it when i found it, no lights light up on it at all, no cycling nothing,

Offline Z71OFFROAD

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2021, 06:30:36 AM »
Have you looked to see if the bill validator is enabled in the test mode? With the machine on open the door and on the CPU tray on the left hand side push the white button. There you can go through setting things up or enabling/disabling them. If it is enabled then see if you can clear it. There should be a square on the screen that says CLEAR MISS MATCHED Validator and push it. Wait for a second or two. Some items you won't be able to change without using a keychip. after you have made your changes just exit out of test mode by pushing back to game or just by closing door.

Offline Chuck spurlock

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2021, 09:16:57 AM »
hi
yes i have done all of that with key 22 no less than 10 times, i was reading on here another guy had the same problem and was told to pull the bv turn it over and look at the chip on that and he found he was using a bv made for a Bally/ so i did the same thing and the one i have has no chip and i don't see a place for a chip.I have a Bally machine here so I pulled that one and it has a chip. i have a friend here in town that has a couple of bv's I can try so i'm waiting to pick one up when he has the time.

i appreciate everyone's help

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal