New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: coin in jam error  (Read 6831 times)

Offline double Diamond

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • double Diamond New User has no influence.
  • NLG
coin in jam error
« on: December 28, 2021, 02:34:36 PM »
I just bought a new 502 supper stepper from worldwide gaming, inc.  they tested it before they shipped it out plus, the 3 door I/o cards  i bought from Jim from Midwest slots
still have this issue coin in jam I have done a continuity test from the door i/o card to the back plain board plug are good tested the J9 PLUG ON THE BACK MOTHER BOARD PIN 1 24 v PIN 7 v13V
 I replaced the coin optics board except the coin comparator i still get the same issue   :Scratch-Head:

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: coin in jam error
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 03:01:03 PM »
You must check netplex devices.
Printer, BV,led display, VFD.
With the unit off try pulling the BV, test. Then do the same for the printer.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Simon Barsinister

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Simon Barsinister Is working their way up.Simon Barsinister Is working their way up.Simon Barsinister Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2021, 04:54:48 PM »
If your seven segment display is behind the reel glass and not above the printer, that part can give that tilt if it is bad.

Offline double Diamond

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2021, 05:20:05 PM »
the 7-segment display is working find  i think might have wiring problem or bad connections some ware I think I might have to replace the whole door harness

do you know anyone who has a s2000 machine? 

Offline Simon Barsinister

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Simon Barsinister Is working their way up.Simon Barsinister Is working their way up.Simon Barsinister Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2021, 05:31:16 PM »
That doesn't matter.  Unplug it and power back up.  See if the tilt remains.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2021, 05:39:54 PM »
Remember to reset the door latch a few times after you unplug each netplex device for test
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline double Diamond

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2021, 05:49:10 PM »
I have done that but nothing

Offline dailey

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2021, 07:23:10 PM »
What exactly did it say on the display ?

Offline hotlsot

• Reputation Power: 63
  • hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2021, 08:03:16 PM »
I didn't think it was a board problem.

Offline lookes

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • lookes New User barely matters.lookes New User barely matters.
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2021, 09:07:19 PM »
Coin In Jam is a SENET problem, not NETPLEX. The fact that the fluorescent display is showing Coin In Jam says NETPLEX is fine.
You said 3 I/O cards? How many I/O cards are in your door. 1 or 2?   If just 1, make sure it is an 801. If 2, make sure there is an 801 and an 802 and that they are in the correct holders.
Unplug the 7 segment display and boot it up. See if that helps. If you have backlit reels, unplug the cable that comes off the back end of the Cabinet I/O card.

Most any problem with SENET bus devices will say Coin In Jam. May have nothing to do with coin handling. I see it often when repairing 50X MPU boards.
ALWAYS make sure the power is off when plugging or unplugging cables, and especially when messing with I/O cards. As qbert said previously, raise and lower the door latch a few times to clear errors between changes.
I Repair IGT 50X, 1270, 039, 044, and S+ MPU's. Contact me at slots@lookelectronics.com for more information.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2021, 08:29:09 AM »
Senet devices are.
I/o cards games will have 2 or 3 of these depending on how many buttons you have.
Credit display
Bet per line display
Reel backlight driver
Bonus reel in 3 + 1 bonus games
There may also be some top box adons that also use senet.

Offline double Diamond

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2021, 09:35:56 AM »
Coin In Jam is a SENET problem, not NETPLEX. The fact that the fluorescent display is showing Coin In Jam says NETPLEX is fine.
You said 3 I/O cards? How many I/O cards are in your door. 1 or 2?   If just 1, make sure it is an 801. If 2, make sure there is an 801 and an 802 and that they are in the correct holders.
Unplug the 7 segment display and boot it up. See if that helps. If you have backlit reels, unplug the cable that comes off the back end of the Cabinet I/O card.

Most any problem with SENET bus devices will say Coin In Jam. May have nothing to do with coin handling. I see it often when repairing 50X MPU boards.
ALWAYS make sure the power is off when plugging or unplugging cables, and especially when messing with I/O cards. As qbert said previously, raise and lower the door latch a few times to clear errors between changes.
      i have 2 i/o cards one in the door and one in the cabinet the one in the door is an 801 for single
witch i got from jim from midwestlots  so it can't be bad cards

Offline double Diamond

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2021, 09:37:40 AM »
What exactly did it say on the display ?
    coin in jam

Offline double Diamond

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2021, 10:04:07 AM »

« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 07:10:53 PM by double Diamond »

Offline double Diamond

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2021, 10:05:43 AM »

Offline dailey

• Reputation Power: 53
  • dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2021, 11:48:16 AM »
Try removing the hopper and booting up without it. I once had a coin in error caused by a bad hopper board.

Offline double Diamond

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2022, 07:37:19 PM »

i have replaced the back mother board and the door harness going to the back mother board to the door i/o card  now the 7 segment board  credit   lites up zero
 i still get the coin in jam

Offline double Diamond

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2022, 07:40:27 PM »
Senet devices are.
I/o cards games will have 2 or 3 of these depending on how many buttons you have.
Credit display
Bet per line display
Reel backlight driver
Bonus reel in 3 + 1 bonus games
There may also be some top box adons that also use senet.

i have replaced the back plain mother board and the  door harness going to the back plain to the door i/o card  i  still get coin in jam  the 7 segment displays zero 0 on the credit

Offline double Diamond

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2022, 08:13:06 PM »

i replaced  the mpu board that i got from world wide gameing and i also replaced the back plain mother board   i still get this eroor coin in jam
i have two good door i/o cards  my 7 segment display does not show nothing

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2022, 08:18:33 AM »
When you close the door, will the acceptor take a bill?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal