New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: New owner of IGT I-game 17" touch machine, Swapping games question  (Read 3274 times)

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: New owner of IGT I-game 17" touch machine, Swapping games question
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2022, 05:24:54 PM »
Pretty much as long as the 24C16 is there.  The suffix's usually tell you the type of packaging, temperature range, etc.  Nothing critical for use on a 3902 board.

Sorry, I had assumed you were going to do the board/EEPROM swap.  Make sure you have the tools/skills to solder those small ICs on the board or know someone who does otherwise you may end up damaging the MPU board.

Here's a link to a SOIC EEPROM that will work.

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/stmicroelectronics/M24C16-RMN6TP/1663593

Offline rickhaye

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • rickhaye New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2022, 11:39:29 AM »
Pretty much as long as the 24C16 is there.  The suffix's usually tell you the type of packaging, temperature range, etc.  Nothing critical for use on a 3902 board.

Sorry, I had assumed you were going to do the board/EEPROM swap.  Make sure you have the tools/skills to solder those small ICs on the board or know someone who does otherwise you may end up damaging the MPU board.

Here's a link to a SOIC EEPROM that will work.

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/stmicroelectronics/M24C16-RMN6TP/1663593

I'm gonna do the swap first then when I get comfortable with setting new software. I'll eventually perform the MPU mod.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2022, 11:51:30 AM »
Gotcha.  If you run into anything you can't figure out make a post and I'm sure someone can help with it.

Offline rickhaye

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2022, 10:34:49 AM »
Finally got to swap boards (Texas Tea). Got everything almost working except the portion of cashing out. It does not want to print the ticket. I have it accepting ticket vouchers and actual paper currency but when I press the cash out button nothing happens. So I have credits in it. I'm supposed to "zero" out the credits before I key chip again, right? How can I zero out the credits without playing thru?

Another issue I ran into is that the sound does not go down. I can change the settings in the sound menu and bring all of the sliders down and save. But when you start the game it's still pretty loud. I'm sure my issue with it not printing tickets is just a setting I missed. The menu system is a little different than the one I read on a setup topic here in the forums. The menu is in RED and and seems to have more selections in it. I would appreciate any help on this.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 410
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2022, 10:39:19 AM »
Not only will a Clear chip wipe out all your settings, it will also clear out any credits on the machine... lol

I usually set my sound volume settings to lowest possible... like....number 1 or down next to the bottom if it uses volume sliders.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline rickhaye

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2022, 11:01:37 AM »
Not only will a Clear chip wipe out all your settings, it will also clear out any credits on the machine... lol

I usually set my sound volume settings to lowest possible... like....number 1 or down next to the bottom if it uses volume sliders.

Will keychip 17 do that? That is the only chip I have. As far as the sliders, they are all set to the lowest settings but as soon as I start the game it still plays too loud.

Offline smoothgrh

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • smoothgrh Is working their way up.smoothgrh Is working their way up.smoothgrh Is working their way up.
  • Bally 873; Game King 3502/3902; Atari System 2
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2022, 11:06:55 AM »
I seem to recall there are two ways to adjust sound:

1. Attendant menu (front door closed)
2. Setup menu (front door opened)

If using the attendant key does not work, try opening the front door and adjusting it by pressing the button on the MPU and going through the setup menu.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2022, 11:34:33 AM »
Remove the battery for a few seconds if it's not soldered on.  If it's soldered on just swap the two ram chips.  Either way should clear the credits (and other settings).

Offline rickhaye

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2022, 11:43:48 AM »
I seem to recall there are two ways to adjust sound:

1. Attendant menu (front door closed)
2. Setup menu (front door opened)

If using the attendant key does not work, try opening the front door and adjusting it by pressing the button on the MPU and going through the setup menu.

Tried both ways, sound level changes in the menu but not in actual gameplay. I can live with that. My main concern is what setting in the TITO setup that I'm missing. When I press the cash out button nothing happens. It will accept currency and vouchers but I just am not able to cash out (print voucher tickets).

Remove the battery for a few seconds if it's not soldered on.  If it's soldered on just swap the two ram chips.  Either way should clear the credits (and other settings).

Managed to zero out by playing it til I lost everything.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2022, 12:14:13 PM »
Did you enable the printer?

Offline rickhaye

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2022, 12:45:30 PM »
Did you enable the printer?

Yes. There's a section called EFT. Not sure what to input there.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2022, 12:59:31 PM »
setup/machine options/cashout devices-  enable. Do not set or change any eft settings. What box did you touch to get to eft settings? 

EDIT: Leave EFT transactions disabled. Leave remote handpay reset disabled.

Offline rickhaye

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2022, 01:06:59 PM »
setup/machine options/cashout devices-  enable. Do not set or change any eft settings. What box did you touch to get to eft settings?

I'll take a picture of the setup screens and post here. So you can see what I inputted wrong.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2022, 01:10:20 PM »
Global options?  I just modified the last post.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2022, 01:24:53 PM »
Check your cash out button too.  With no printer or hopper available it should go to Handpay when you cash out.

Offline rickhaye

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2022, 01:25:39 PM »
Global options?  I just modified the last post.

Saw your note late. But here are the pics... Everything works fine except the fact that I can't print voucher when pressing cash out.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 01:31:44 PM by Tilt »

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2022, 01:37:26 PM »
Check your cashout button switch like Tilt said.  It should have at least gone to handpay.

Offline rickhaye

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2022, 01:59:40 PM »
Check your cashout button switch like Tilt said.  It should have at least gone to handpay.

I put the original game in the machine and the printer works just fine. It has to be a setting in the new game that I'm missing. Thanks for all the help so far.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2022, 05:11:59 PM »
Did you set the machine address option under the Primary Channel Setup Menu?  You also need to set the Validation Setup to System if you didn't.

I don't get why you machine doesn't do anything when the cash out button is pressed.  It should go to a handpay condition or error message if it can't payout as it has been set up to.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2022, 06:10:33 PM »
How did you get to that channel options page? Did you set machine address to 1? I just installed same game with tito and everything works as it should.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal