New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Super Line model 892  (Read 14772 times)

Offline seancalla

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • seancalla New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally Super Line model 892
« on: September 29, 2014, 03:40:47 AM »
Hi
I have a Bally Super line model 892 which powers up, but seems to be on permanent free play and doesn't pay out on any wins. When you get a win, there's not even a squeak from the hopper. The handle locks up and the only way of releasing it is to turn machine off and on or actuate the lever at the coin pay out exit from the hopper, i have to actuate it a number of times depending on the win. I have the manual, checked the fuses and did some preliminary work on cleaning the blade switches with a burnishing tool.
Could someone point me in the right direction of where to check to see whats causing  the free play and hopper problem
regards
Sean

Offline The Fatman

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
Re: Bally Super Line model 892
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 05:47:24 AM »
First thing I would do would be to pull the hopper out and check the 3 fuses behind it. There you will probably find the 50V fuse blown, maybe. Buts the first place I start.
Dave F.
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline seancalla

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 10:43:34 AM »
Hi
I checked the fuses(4) and they are all good, i did actuate the payout relay manually and it started the hopper, other than that its not going off free play and doesn't pay out
regards
Sean

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 11:28:58 AM »
If your handle paddle is dropping (handle release coil being energized) constantly, then that will kill all your pays, because one of the handle release switches is responsible for allowing the pay circuit to be completed.
However, you say the handle is locking up, which does not sound like a free play.
Do you mean by locking up that it won't take coins, or that the handle just won't pull?
Anyway, I don't know how familiar you are with the machines, but here is a link that you might read if you are fairly new to the Ballys -- http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=19336.0
A lot of folks don't realize you can play the machine by pushing down on the coin in switch with your finger, and also you can set up pays by pulling handle and holding the clock fan until you set the symbols you want.
Anyway, you may know these things already, but am posting this for those who may not.
Can you post pics???
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline seancalla

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 03:52:31 PM »
Hi
The machine is constantly on free play, not sure if these are the right terms but the armature latch is energised by the coil which allows the arm to be pulled, when you get a win the latch rises so not allowing any further play, i presume its waiting until the hopper operates, its only when i actuate the spring assembly at the coin payout exit that the latch will fall and allow further play.
I am going to post a few photos probably take a few posts to fit them in. I did have a few Bally's before, the 5000 series and an IGT M, they are long since gone, too many problems with pcb's, ram resets etc. I work mainly on vinyl jukeboxes, i thought a purely electro/mechanical slot without ic's would be a better item for maintaining into the future

Offline seancalla

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 04:02:08 PM »
Hi
More photos

Offline seancalla

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 04:10:03 PM »
Hi
Two more photos one of the latch when a win is got, and the other when i actuate the coin hopper exit assembly
regards
Sean

Offline The Fatman

• The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 07:07:01 PM »
One more pic is needed ... the inside of the front door. This is including the little square block with the wires on it and a thin wire going across it. This is the coin micro switch and could be a possibility for your problem.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline seancalla

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 03:00:06 AM »
Hi
Attached are some pictures of the front door, the coin relay coil energises as soon as the machine is turned on and remains like that, there are two coin micro switches , one underneath the coin mech which i presume goes to the hopper and one further down which would divert to the coin storage underneath the machine
regards
Sean

Offline seancalla

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 04:25:21 AM »
Hi another photo with coin mech removed
regards
Sean

Offline The Fatman

• NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2014, 04:57:06 AM »
If you listen to the coin switch while you pull the wire down you should hear a click when you pull iit down, and another when you pull it back up. That tells you it is not stuch and moving inside. Sometimes it can arc inside and the contacts can get stuck. The handle relay usually doesnt energize until the switch returns to the up position. Did you read the info in the link Donner gave you?
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline The Fatman

• NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 05:06:26 AM »
I did notice that a platic lift on the switch bank is twisted sideways. Not sure if this could cause the problem but it might keep the switch closed when it needs to be open .... thake a look.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline seancalla

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2014, 05:16:39 AM »
Hi
The coin micro switch seems ok, probably won't know for sure til i meter it, i see what you mean by the photo of the blade switch, i thought it had been adjusted previously by previous owner, will take a look later on and get back to you
thanks
Sean

Offline JanGbg

• Reputation Power: 4
  • JanGbg New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2014, 12:00:33 PM »
Is it this slot?
892_3.mpg

Have it stand not used for a while?

Offline seancalla

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2014, 01:03:50 PM »
Hi
I adjusted the switch blade, no difference, i notice since yesterday that the machine is not locking up when a win is made as it did two days ago(in other words handle can't be pulled), still on constant free play, it seems as if a win is not activating the stepper disc and then the pay relay. The machine i have is the same as the one above and has been not used ina while.
thanks
San

Offline JanGbg

• Reputation Power: 4
  • JanGbg New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2014, 02:46:11 PM »
I had simular problem with a machine I bought some years ago. It had not been used for some years. I cleaned every connector at the hopper and the Wheel unit (it's a lot of connectors!). After that the most of machine working good. After switching some Components (relayes) works the machine at 100%!

Offline seancalla

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2014, 04:19:56 PM »
Hi
I managed to sort out the free play problem,the notch on the wheel beside the blades as pointed out earlier had slipped under one of the blades. Now it credits as it should, but unfortunately no payout or hopper activity when you get a win
regards
Sean

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2014, 05:27:21 PM »
Good pics by the way.
Am not used to credit machines at all, since when I worked on them in Reno, there was no credits, everything was either paid out in coins, or the machine locked up for a hand pay.
However, I did notice some of your switches in the pics seemed misadjusted.  or maladjusted like me.
Every switch should open or close at some time in the play.
You have to find what actuates the switch, and then watch it fully open and fully close.  When it fully closes, you might see some slight movement, and that is a good thing.
I will go back over your photos and tell you the ones where I see potential problems. (They don't load for me, I have to click on them, and then load from my bottom panel, but no biggie)
Will get back to you in a bit.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2014, 05:45:40 PM »

Pic 730, can't tell if the bottom two sets are closed.  They should be open when coil armature is at rest.  When you push down on armature (not the white plastic actuator, but only the metal coil plate) you should see them close, and when you release you should see them fully open.

Pic 733 same, make sure each switch set opens and closes when pushing the metal actuator plate.
If you need to adjust, adjust at the end nearest the switch stack, not at the end of the switch.

Pic 735, is showing coin inserted, or credit played, and the handle is ready to pull.  It will not pay in this state, ever.

Pic 737.  When the reels kick, that little gear thingy will more a step.  You can kick the reels by pushing on the pump arm with some vigor, located on the right hand side of the mech.  You can remove the reels to make it a bit easier to kick.  As you do this, watch each set of switches change state when that little actuator goes round and hits the switch stack.  Never seen one of these, but it's cool.    When you push on the paddle of the coil, obviously it unlatches the gear.  Please explain to us how this works after you get it figured out.  This is, I believe your coin relay assembly.

Is there a win meter for credits showing on the outside of the machine anywhere, and or a credit play button anywhere?  Does anything happen when you turn the jackpot reset switch on the outside below the handle.  Since you work on this kind of stuff, you should have not much trouble figuring these mechanisms out.  And your posts make sense, other than I don't quite understand how you can have free play or credit play with no handle release.  That is not a play in that case.

Anyway good job so far and keep us posted.

Offline The Fatman

• NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2014, 06:20:07 PM »
WOW ... just got done working on a Medalist 1081-6H for a friend ...and when I put the reel and hopper mech in my cabinet ... it would energize the handle release coil after every pull .... What i found was the coin relay on the left side of the reel mach ... to be out of its bracket and allowed the switches to be closed that activate the handle release coin and no matter what you do it would always ractivate that coil after every pull ..... FREE PLAY, if thats what you mean by it. Its was an easy fix for me when I got to that pont because that the first circut I will look at when there is a coin in issue besides a broken or stucked wire on the door.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal