New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Super Line model 892  (Read 14771 times)

Offline seancalla

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • seancalla New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Bally Super Line model 892
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2014, 06:02:06 AM »
Hi
I'll try to answer some of the questions later, can anyone tell me what the function of the relay is -photo 730, located behind top back glass. When i press it down the pay relay at the hopper starts clicking, contacts on pay relay probably need extra cleaning in order to make full contact, haven't seen the stepper disc at the hopper operating yet.
A B and C blade switches on the side of the reel assembly seem clean, gone over the machine again, oiling joints and using contact sprak,
I think the coin relay now is working as the free play issue as gone,there's no win meter externally, no credit button or jackpot reset lock below the handle
regards
Sean

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2014, 12:52:08 PM »
Don't know what that relay does, but it appears to be associated with your tilt switch (weight switch) shown above it.  You may have to start tracing those wires out.  If it does something to the hopper when you push the armature, then perhaps that is interrupting your hopper payouts.  Try to trace the wire that goes to the relay coil and see where it goes.  It should stay the same color until it reaches another switch.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline seancalla

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2014, 03:47:53 PM »
Thanks everybody for your help, i am in the middle of a deep cleaning of the machine, i can't see any wires loose or broken, i checked the resistors and they are measuring ok, can someone explain to me what are the series of stages when you get a win, do the contact units at the reels cause the pay control unit(i think) to step up to a certain point which then signals the pay control relay to pay out. Also i have seen in other topics whereby and i quote "Pay control unit.......It has a set of contact on the front side. The spiral cam has a rubber stop bumper that gets sticky. When this happens those contacts will not open, causing the machine not to payout.. That rubber bumper can be replaced with a pencil eraser.
Would someone be able to highlight that in a photo, is it the cam that moves sideways and changes the blades switches from NC to NO
regards
Sean

Offline The Fatman

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2014, 04:21:25 PM »
That little rubber is the zero stop. This tells the unit that the payout spiral has reset to the begining point. If you replace this, you will ned to adjust the position of the spiral so you get 2 coins on a 2 coin payout, not 3. On top of that little rubber plug, is a allen screw and small lock down nut. You lightly loosen the nut so you can adjust the allen scrw. By turning the screw, it makes the spiral move. This shoild be set to make the wiper arm only be on the bottom outside metal trace on the board, for only 2 advances of the step up coil. After the step up coil has energized 2 times, the wiper arm that is on that trace should be off of it. If it still is on it, it will payout 3 coins. This is easy to adjust using your meter. Also when the reset coil resets the spiral, the zeor switch should be open. As soon as the first coin payout occours, it should be closed.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline seancalla

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2014, 08:44:59 AM »
Thanks, just to double check could you mark it on a photo please
regards
Sean

Offline seancalla

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2014, 04:37:29 PM »
Hi
After all the cleaning gave the machine a go, no response from the hopper, so i moved the cog on reel 1 slightly and that started the pay relay and coins were at last paid out, so this narrows it down to the reel assembly contact boards. From what i can see reel 1 and reel 4 are slightly off and need to be adjusted---whats the best way of doing this?. The bigger problem is that the payouts are all over the place, 1cherry pays out 11 coins where it should be 2 , also for example 3 oranges pays out 3 coins and should be ten. Another thing i noticed is that the payout counter switches doesn't reset to zero which is I think is the 6 o'clock position, what would cause this problem?
regards
Sean

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2014, 10:47:55 PM »
Did you follow the link I gave you in post #3 of this thread?  It should give you help on adjusting the wipers.
There's a lot of good stuff in some older posts on this forum, folks.
Take some time and read some of them.

Offline JanGbg

• Reputation Power: 4
  • JanGbg New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2014, 01:47:17 AM »
It looks like you dont get the reset-signal to the hopper (sholud come when next play after a win is starting). Do you have any schematics drawing for your slot?

Offline seancalla

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2014, 04:13:03 PM »
Hi
Thanks will take a look and study the material on the link and see how i get on, the manual I have has no schematics
the reel adjustment looks fairly tedious nut i will give it a go
San

Offline JanGbg

• JanGbg New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2014, 12:32:44 AM »
Here is a manual with schematics etc. to Bally EM slots.
http://rwatts.cdyn.com/download/bally_em_manual/bally%20em%20manual.pdf

Offline seancalla

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2014, 08:31:09 AM »
Thanks for the link will be useful
regards
seancalla

Offline farthingbowl

• farthingbowl New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2015, 09:12:18 AM »
Hello Everybody,
I guess the original problem has been solved, however recently I picked up a similar machine, and of course it has some issues.... and as we have such nice pictures in this thread I thought let's bring it to live again.
Lets start with wat is working. coin circuit is working, handle releases and reels spin... however
in case of win no hopper activity.
winner paid light stays on
on pic 730 we can see the switch (solonoid ?) which is located behind the top glass, when I activate this on a winning combination the hopper starts to pay out, not the correct ammount but nearly, like 18 instead of 20..
so it seems the hopper works, but no when it should work...
I guess it's only a small problem, but I cant find it..... :EmoticonHelp4:
Tim

Offline The Fatman

• The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2015, 09:20:47 AM »
Dont see any pics but check your zero switch first. Use a meter to check from the solder connections and not the blade of the switch. I find that more times than not, that is where the issue starts. Otherwise after hat you should check the spiral disk to makesure it is clearing the traces at the right time. This can cause a miss pay.  :Please_Post_Pictures_2clr:
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline farthingbowl

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2015, 09:27:11 AM »
Hi there,
I meant the picture on th previous page, with nr 730 posted by the original topic starter, as I have the same machine.
I'll check the zero switch
Thanks !
Tim

Offline The Fatman

• NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2015, 09:46:58 AM »
OK.... my bad. I think and hope that the zero switch is all but that machine is more complex than the payout on most.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline farthingbowl

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2015, 10:31:06 AM »
It seems Iam getting closer every day, however not there yet, these machines are new to me and I compare it with learning a new language, it takes time before you understand it.. al lot of time...

Offline The Fatman

• NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2015, 03:35:33 PM »
Thats the way to go with these type of machines.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2015, 06:59:29 PM »
It is important her e to read the how to guides.
Have you read this one?
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?PHPSESSID=7d2c63479acf9570ba13d2e2a32f4379&topic=19336.25
  And have you downloaded your free how to Bally EM manual?

Offline farthingbowl

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2015, 12:01:40 PM »
After another couple of hours of wire and switch checking I got the machine working now  :dancing_2:
The only thing not working properly is the ammount of coins paid by win, it seems the machine pays between 6-8 when 10 is needed.
Tim

Offline The Fatman

• NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2015, 01:14:47 PM »
Isnt progress a wonderful thing. If Id ont make progress after a few hours .... I go to the fridge, grab one and sit for a few hours. Then tackle it again. I can get frusterated easily.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal