New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 6000 printer help  (Read 1296 times)

Offline jhj

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • jhj New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally 6000 printer help
« on: December 09, 2022, 11:11:12 AM »
Hi,

My Bally 6000 is giving a 36 error (general printer error).  I've read past posts and tried the suggestions but continue to receive the 36 error.  I've done clears and tried different things may times with no luck.  I tried a printer test using Test 4 and it worked fine.  Any help/guidance would be appreciated.

Mains are correct as the printer used to work before the battery went dead.

Minimum voucher payout is 100 and the credit show 136

When I click the Pay Ticket button, the machine start the sound like it's paying off but ai get the 36 error quickly and then I'm stuck and have to do a clear again.

Thanks,
Jim

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Bally 6000 printer help
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2022, 11:56:17 AM »
You have a green light  on the printer itself,? Paper is in with black bars up and end with black bars leading in? The printer head lever on the right side of printer is in the UP position?

Offline jhj

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2022, 12:18:08 PM »
Hi and thanks for the reply.

The green light is on, the paper is correct and the print lever (if that's what the blue thing is) in in the up position.  Please see the images below.

Thanks,
JIm

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2022, 05:10:21 PM »
the paper is way too far in, push the release lever down to release the paper and pull it out. you can press the feed button to see if it will feed it to the correct position.

You can also print a self test page by holding the paper feed button while powering up.

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline a69mopar

• a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2022, 05:13:24 PM »
if the paper doesn't pull back out easily, it may be jammed. if so, loosen the screw circled in the picture and raise the head. there is another release lever in there also.

Offline jhj

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2022, 05:54:42 PM »
Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the response and suggestions.  I pulled the paper out and then fed in back in.  I held the feed button down during a reboot and I loosened the screw a little as you suggested.  Unfortunately, when I closed the door and the machine counted down 4.3.2.1, the 36 error came up immedately :(

Jim

Offline pbwizard25

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • pbwizard25 New User barely matters.pbwizard25 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2022, 06:42:37 PM »
Jim, you said that you cleared the machine. Did you also do the 11d setup to enable the printer? Just wondered as you didn't state that you did.

Offline jhj

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2022, 06:58:39 PM »
Hi pbwizard,

Thanks for the response.  The 11d options that i've changed related to the printer were 61- machine payout set to 3 (hopper and printer) and 64 min voucher pay = 100.   I had 136 credits on the machine when i cashed out.  The printer error came right away.

Are there any other 11d settings that are needed?   As I mentioned, the Test 4 works fine when testing the 'coup', the printer spits out the ticket like normal.

Thanks,
Jim

Offline a69mopar

• NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2022, 08:38:33 PM »
did you inspect the ribbon cable at the back of the ticket tray?  they can get damaged from opening and closing the printer..  look on page 14 of the manual linked below

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline a69mopar

• NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2022, 08:50:55 PM »

Offline jhj

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2022, 09:02:16 PM »
I haven't checked out the ribbon cable in the back.  I'll check it out and post a reply - Thanks for the advice

Thanks for the manual

Jim

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2022, 02:10:07 PM »
The large slotted  thumbscrew you loosened, Did you back it off fully and open that plate to see if there is a ticket or paper jammed inside there?

Offline jhj

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2022, 02:51:55 PM »
Hi,

Yes, I opened it and it looked OK.  A test printout works fine.   In my checking of the ribbon cable, i must have bumper something else now...I'm getting a 55.29 error on the bill validator...needless to say, I have  very little hair left.

Jim

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2022, 07:23:20 PM »
Not sure why there is a green light on that printer when the paper is not in the home position. Almost looks like there should be part of the ticket hanging out the front of the printer which should cause a printer error. Maybe the printer optics are full of dust. Open the print head, release the print rollers with the blue lever and use some canned air and blow it out .

Offline jhj

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2022, 08:13:54 AM »
I'm still getting the 55.29 error.   Here are some videos and a pic of the machine after a clear:

THe one video shows the boot up right after a clear.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApontVt-fRJxqjnUP37GBbsr2hDk?e=Ijsns2

I then put in two coins a played.  I then opened the door and this is the error in the pic appeared
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApontVt-fRJxqjfu9afbGlvLUIf7?e=8NqfZZ

The other video is closing the door after I reseated the BV and the cash box.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApontVt-fRJxqjimlW0YjctcQ--4?e=iWSNy0

If I can't get this 29 error cleared, is there a way to just have this use quarters only and ignore the BV?

Thanks,
JIm

Offline pbwizard25

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • pbwizard25 New User barely matters.pbwizard25 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2022, 11:19:50 AM »
Unplug the bill accepter from backplane, set ds2 5&6 to on , clear the machine and now it should just be coin no bill accepter.

Offline jhj

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2022, 06:17:52 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  If things stay south, I'll have to try that.

Jim

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal