New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 1096 Hopper Interchangeable?  (Read 6126 times)

Offline collecktor1

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • collecktor1 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
1096 Hopper Interchangeable?
« on: October 18, 2014, 05:38:56 PM »
First post here, thank you for having me.  I'm looking at a Bally 1096 quarter machine tomorrow, with the intent to buy.  I'm already aware from the photos that the hopper has been removed by a prior owner.  Before I get too interested in this machine, I was hoping to find out if hoppers are interchangeable for certain machines.  For example, would a hopper for a model 1090 fit in a 1096, assuming both are for quarters?  Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
Re: 1096 Hopper Interchangeable?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 07:59:29 PM »
Welcome to NLG.  I am far from an expert however as I understand it a hopper swap is never easy.  This is more true if the models are not the same.  I would say STRONG caution light here.  The price had better be right

Ra

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 09:11:18 PM »
I would need more information.. Is the 1096 a single or multi coin machine, but since your dealing with a later EM slot it might. A lot of them had a hopper to just count coins and the payout wiper boards were a seperate unit. It's usually found in the lower right corner behind the hopper. I just did a repair on two 1090 or 1088 EM Ballys where I was able to run one hopper between the 2 machines. I ended up building one nice machine out out the two.

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline collecktor1

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 09:47:53 PM »
Thank you for the replies.  The machine is a 5 coin. Here is a photo of where the hopper was:

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 11:07:21 PM »
You have part of a hopper.. I don't see the coin bowl.. From that picture I can't tell if the payout unit is in the machine or on the hopper. To me that a $50 max parts machine.

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline GOS

• Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 04:38:46 AM »
although the 1088 thru 1096 hoppers do not have payout unit built in - there are differences in the wiring ..  The easiest way to verify is to find the gray/black wire position on the female plug and compare its position to any hopper you plan to use.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 05:02:09 AM »
I agree with Gary.  I would see that as more of a parts machine.  I was trying to be gentle when I mentioned in my post that the price had to be right. :-)   Good luck with whatever you decide.  Please keep us posted.

Ra

Offline collecktor1

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 11:00:20 AM »
Thank you for all the replies and suggestions.  Well, I saw the machine this morning.  From what I've read here and seen online, it is overpriced for the condition it's in (they are asking $415).  The seller asked me what I thought about the price and I told him that given that it is missing the stand and coin collector/hopper, I was not interested.  I've attached a pic of the bottom showing the missing parts area.  The search for a first EM machine continues.  Thanks again.

Steve

Offline rdaniel

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • rdaniel New User barely matters.rdaniel New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 11:11:14 AM »
As a fellow Southern Californian, I spend a lot of time looking for my next Bally Slot machine. Many have sat and need some TLC. Others like this one were both neglected and canibalized. I agree with RA, that machine is for parts and has a realistic value of no more than $150.00.

My experience is that one has to travel to find that working slot machine in good condition. It is difficult to find close to home, unless you get lucky.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2014, 11:47:57 AM »
From the new picture, the hopper looks to be just missing the bowl and mounting screws and springs. I still think its missing the payout unit. It would have been plugged into the two empty white molex plugs just to the right of the hopper.. I can believe they want $415 for a non-working machine. Heck I can't sell a working one for that here!!
And remember...

Offline collecktor1

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 11:49:41 AM »
rdaniel,

You hit the nail on the head for me.  I was hoping that machine would be a good deal since it's about 2 miles from me and would fit in my SUV.  I see quite a few nice machines elsewhere; however, after adding shipping or adding my time/mileage for pick up, the "good deal" aspect would be gone.  For some reason, everything seems to cost more in So Cal :(

The seller of the machine I looked at this morning wanted me to make an offer.  I may still do that and give it a go, for the right price.  If I do decide to try and save that machine, I am sure I will be on this forum alot, asking alot of questions.....

Offline rdaniel

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 11:34:14 AM »
You might be interested to know that that owner of this slot machine has listed it on EBay for $415. He certainly is a optimistic. Some people take a while to learn the value of things.

Offline collecktor1

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 12:50:40 PM »
Yes, that's the model 1096 I looked at when it was first listed on ebay, for the same price.  The seller says he bought it at an estate sale.  I told him the price was a little high, given the missing parts and overall condition.  While I may have been able to overcome the missing hopper issue, I did not want to undertake a project that would involve more, including a missing payout unit.

Offline rdaniel

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2014, 02:31:29 PM »
I agree with the advise given on the forum to stay away from that machine. It may require more work than just the hopper, and some parts are very hard to find. It is certainly not for a beginner.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2014, 03:44:53 PM »
I went and looked at the ad on EBay. They have more pictures posted of it, but not at the angle showing if the payout units missing or not? The missing hopper bowl and mounting hardware easy to replace, heck I have those pieces, but that payout could be a problem.. I know I have one or two, but would they be correct? 
Makes you wonder how much they gave for it, before figuring it out not to be a complete working machine??

Gary
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal