New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S2000 Tabasco Machine All Board LEDs No VFD Message  (Read 4983 times)

Offline TheDeadman

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • TheDeadman New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: IGT S2000 Tabasco Machine All Board LEDs No VFD Message
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2023, 10:46:41 AM »
Just checked again and I think I had the meter on DC which gave me the wrong readings. The AC setting says its around 1.x V and if I test with a visible LED, I can see that it works and just pulses a bit every few seconds. I suppose I just need an IR LED that I can rewire to the hookup and Ill have working optics.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2023, 02:26:44 PM »
The emitter optic from an old TV remote control will work.  :cool_thumb_up:

Not all cameras are the same...Test your digital camera.

Look at your TV remote with the camera and see if any light is coming out of it.
If you see anything, now you know THAT camera is good enough to see if your door emitter optic is okay.

A very long time, I made a bypass using some wire and a cherry switch.
That machine, to this day, still does NOT have any optics.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline TheDeadman

• NLG
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2023, 02:42:06 PM »
The emitter optic from an old TV remote control will work.  :cool_thumb_up:

Not all cameras are the same...Test your digital camera.

Look at your TV remote with the camera and see if any light is coming out of it.
If you see anything, now you know THAT camera is good enough to see if your door emitter optic is okay.

A very long time, I made a bypass using some wire and a cherry switch.
That machine, to this day, still does NOT have any optics.

Just checked my camera. Can definitely see the signals coming from the remote and definitely CAN'T see the signals from the led. Guess I'll have to find an old TV remote and rip out the LED (or buy one from china)

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2023, 02:49:49 PM »
Read this...it' from 2010 :arrowthruhead:

It might help you until you get some optics...>>>

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=8683.0
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2023, 03:32:11 PM »
A set of optics are still fairly cheap and available, just post a wtb in the classifieds.
They will be plug and play. You are really down to the component level already.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline TheDeadman

• NLG
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2023, 01:00:10 PM »

Ill try that, but in the mean time, a regular LED wouldn't work, right? I have tons of LEDs laying around just no IR ones. Also is there a way to test the receiver if I use a TV remote to test the outputs?

Offline TheDeadman

• NLG
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2023, 11:41:57 PM »

Tried the bypass and alternative LED (that wasn't IR, had a snowstorm today so couldn't go out) and still no luck. I want to make sure that the door is fully closed despite the LED/Receiver lining up and the door no longer being able to open without a key. Does the below image look like its fully latched? The key will lock it just fine, no coin tray in the way and the optics line up. I'm gonna look into getting another MPU incase the traces are damaged by the evil green battery, but right now the only test that remains is the IR LED test which has me worried.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2023, 06:13:07 AM »
The handle is not down. It must go all the way to the bottom of the slot.
If you tried the bypass then as long as the white cherry switch is pushed in (or pulled all the way out) the game should sense the door is closed even if it is open.
Have you sent a picture of the mpu board where the varta used to be?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline TheDeadman

• NLG
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2023, 10:44:58 AM »
The handle is not down. It must go all the way to the bottom of the slot.
If you tried the bypass then as long as the white cherry switch is pushed in (or pulled all the way out) the game should sense the door is closed even if it is open.
Have you sent a picture of the mpu board where the varta used to be?

Praying its not board traces. When I did the bypass, I held down the cherry switch and got no where. I might just need to buy another MPU  :banghead:

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2023, 11:12:39 AM »
You just found your door open problem.  Varta battery took out another one  :banghead: :banghead:

Offline TheDeadman

• NLG
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2023, 11:17:40 AM »
You just found your door open problem.  Varta battery took out another one  :banghead: :banghead:

Is there any possible way to recover the board? or am I 100% screwed?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2023, 11:25:22 AM »
I think Retro Tech Repair works on them, maybe lookes too.  Whether or not it can be repaired depends on how much damage has been done to it. 

Offline TheDeadman

• NLG
« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2023, 11:27:49 AM »
I think Retro Tech Repair works on them, maybe lookes too.  Whether or not it can be repaired depends on how much damage has been done to it.

damn, looks like I'm sending gtaslots another email. Thanks for your help

Offline TheDeadman

• NLG
« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2023, 12:12:40 PM »

Just took another look at the Dead board cause it has 0 traces of ever having the evil green battery, or any corrosion damage at all. The only differences I can see between the boards is a strange jumper from a diode to a trace on the board. Is it possible that the jumper will revive the board? Then I just have to reinstall the bypass and Ill have a working machine  :)  Below is the differences between the boards.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2023, 12:29:28 PM »
Not likely.  If you look at the part numbers of the board itself they probably have different part number's or rev numbers.  Sometimes errors or improvements are made after the board has been produced so they run jumpers or add components to correct it, then the next revision they integrate those into the board and production incrementing the rev # or part #. 

Offline TheDeadman

• NLG
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2023, 12:34:12 PM »
Not likely.  If you look at the part numbers of the board itself they probably have different part number's or rev numbers.  Sometimes errors or improvements are made after the board has been produced so they run jumpers or add components to correct it, then the next revision they integrate those into the board and production incrementing the rev # or part #.

You're right, working board is a 75510501 and dead board is a 75510502. Are there any tests you can recommend I try on the 502 board to see why its dead? Its a perfectly clean board and the chips are not the problem (I moved all the working chips from the good board to the dead board to test). All the leds come on the front on boot.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2023, 01:01:05 PM »
You could try swapping all the socketed components from the working (but acid damaged) board to the non-damaged board and see if you were lucky enough that one of them is bad.  Be careful removing the PLCC chips from the sockets if you don't have the tool to do it so you don't bend pins. 

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2023, 05:42:38 AM »
Check with Jim Midwest slots. He may have a board.

Offline Tater

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • Tater New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2023, 02:10:09 PM »
Check with Lookes, he does good work, and should be able to repair your board

Good Luck

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal