New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 ERROR CODE  (Read 8674 times)

Offline Pinaddicted

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • Pinaddicted New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S2000 ERROR CODE
« on: September 25, 2023, 11:29:56 AM »
I received the slot with a SS6993 chip installed in the spot that is normally empty, it does nothing with that chip installed, not even a message screen. After removing the SS chip this is where I am....

Call Attendant
Alarm when door opened
Turn key once... get this code....  SS EPROM INVALID -0xF011
Twice... critical data could be lost
Three times... press test button 2-3 seconds
Close door
Initializing
Please wait testing memory

Then back to Call Attendant. I have no idea what that SS EPROM INVALID code is.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S2000 ERROR CODE
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2023, 11:49:20 AM »
In order to use an SS reel chip on an S2000, you must occupy the U21 socket with an SB001000 chip.
Also, the S+ reel prom chip (SS6993) must be inserted into the U17 socket with the notch on the chip body AWAY from the U17 etching on the MPU circuit board.

Click on photo below to enlarge if needed...>>>
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2023, 12:27:03 PM »
I have another person that said the same thing, it was installed at the other end of the socket when I received the slot.

He also mentioned that it could be blown because it was installed wrong, and a 27c64 chip (which it is) may not be fast enough also.

Does that chip stay on the board all the time? All the pictures I've seen of these boards, that socket is empty.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2023, 05:44:42 PM »
First of all, you did NOT confirm if you have the SB001000 chip installed or not.
You have a 92% Triple Diamond 5 Line game.
It needs to stay in if that's what the award glass and reel strips are...
You can change the game if you want, or get a new, faster chip for the game - if you think it's burned out.
To change the game, you'd have to change the chips, the reel strips, the top box award glass, and the belly door glass.
Sometimes even the reel glass and other display components.
These S2000 slot machines have pretty much the same cabinets, just different games and stuff in them.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2023, 06:04:20 PM »
I'm learning slowly how these work. Yes, I do have the SB001000 chip installed, and I ordered a new faster SS chip. We'll see if that solves the issues mentioned above. I should have the new chip in a couple days.

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2023, 05:08:54 PM »
Ok, I received the faster SS6992 chip today and after installation it has a new EPROM DEVICE ERROR -0x4. Would it be a good idea to do a reset and start from scratch?

Can I use the clear and key chips (IVC00224 and key00045) that had never been used by the previous owner to reset this machine, or do I need different ones? This machine is coinless, with a ticket printer, and multidenominational.  Is it ok to leave the SS chip in during the clear/key process? Do I even need to do a reset?

Mark

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2023, 05:12:10 PM »
With the door open, just turn the jackpot reset key 4 times and then hold in the white test button for 5 seconds and close the door. Wait for the reels to spin.

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2023, 05:40:52 PM »
That process gets me the previously mentioned error code. Turning the key once gets me to accounting and won't go further no matter how many times I turn the key. The only way to get to the push test button 2 to 3 seconds screen is to remove/replace the battery and turn on the machine. If I back out of the accounting screen it says...

Call Attendant
Closure M
Machine type mismatch

This is what is making me think it needs to be reset.

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2023, 06:08:53 PM »
Time to key chip.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline dailey

• Reputation Power: 53
  • dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2023, 06:33:10 PM »
Machine type mismatch is simple to correct. Key the machine, then go into the key chip config menu 7.1 and look for "MACHINE TYPE".  If this is an upright machine, select UPRIGHT. Sometimes the wrong machine type is selected when you do a battery change.

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2023, 06:38:01 PM »
Are Clear chip IVC00224 and Key00045 the correct ones to use? The previous owner also gave me these three chips.... IGT S+ Ram Clear, IGT S+ BV ON/OFF, and IGT S+ SP 731

Offline dailey

• dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2023, 06:45:33 PM »
What SG chips are you running?

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2023, 07:30:06 PM »
SG000363

Offline dailey

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2023, 07:44:46 PM »
You need Key 00031.  Clearing is seldom necessary. I would try just keying it first.

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2023, 08:13:30 PM »
I'll try more tomorrow, I used the Key 45 and got into config but navigation was confusing. Somehow, I changed it to 1 credit = $5000 then accidentally exited the menu. Looks like I'll have to start the process again, marking the buttons might make navigation a little easier for this newbie... lol

Why the different numbered Key chips, do they all have different base programs and all you're doing is setting preferences?

Thanks for your help!!!!

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2023, 04:05:06 AM »
You need Key 00031.  Clearing is seldom necessary. I would try just keying it first.

You do not need Key 31. It was replaced by Key 45. 45 will do any S2000 except those with a R board.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2023, 05:28:56 AM »
Thanks for the clarification on key chip 45

This game has a multi denomination badge and button, I understand that this is more difficult to set up. I assume that there are ways to change the display in the reel glass to 25 cents, but what about the button? Is it really that difficult to set up multi denomination?

I found a decent YouTube video on keying a game for 25 cents, but nothing on multi denomination. The guy is pretty fast and a little difficult to follow but if I mark the buttons I could probably get through it.

Any suggestions on some good video/printed instructions for keying a machine?

Thanks again for everyone's help!!!

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2023, 10:10:14 AM »

You do not need Key 31. It was replaced by Key 45. 45 will do any S2000 except those with a R board.

Can you explain what an R board is? Mine has an extra board that is elevated on the left side that says MULTIMEDIA LITE and PN 76924401 it also has a gray and blue capacitor mounted to it.

Offline millionaire2k

• Reputation Power: 22
  • millionaire2k New User barely matters.millionaire2k New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2023, 11:35:01 AM »
You don't have an R Board.  However pictures of your board/machine go a long way in helping.

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2023, 02:49:01 PM »
I finally got it going/configured with help from a YouTube video, one that didn't race through the process. Now that I've successfully done it, it'll be easier next time.

Is there a reason why the BV accepts the new style $50 bill but rejects the new style $100 bill, Is this a setting also?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal