New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 1088-19  (Read 1735 times)

Offline jpettigrew

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • jpettigrew New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally 1088-19
« on: October 18, 2023, 03:50:28 PM »
Hi, I am new to the site. Just got a Bally 1088-19 and was trying to figure out if it is an EM, E or V? What is the best manuals to use with it? Thanks!! Can send photos.

Offline slcjeeper

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • slcjeeper New User barely matters.slcjeeper New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: Bally 1088-19
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2023, 05:44:48 PM »
Hello and welcome. EM is purely Electromechanical. No circuit boards, just relays, lights and mechanical parts. By the model number given, your machine is an EM. An E designates an E-series machine which has circuit boards. The model number would be preceded by E. V designates a Video machine whether it be a poker or reel machine.
Bally 742A-240, 742A-107B, 785-ZP, 809-B, 831-R, 873-K, 1113, 1239-E, 1256-E, V2236-10, V2096-47, S5000+, V5000+, S5500, S6000, IGT PE, Flip-It, Jennings 400, WMS BB1 Goldfish

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2023, 07:08:59 PM »
1088-19 I don't have info for.

the main difference between the 1088's I know about (up to -16)  is $1 or 25 cent, which changed the way coin accepting/rejecting worked a little bit.

there's info on some 1088's and some bally manuals on https://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/

the 1088-31 is a 25c game, while the 1088 and 1088-34 are dollar machines. 

I think I have paperwork for a 1088-1, which is a 25c game.   The reel wiper wiring and payout counter disc/wiring is the same for the 1088 and 1088-1.  The reel tapes and slotted reel index discs are different since the 1088 had a higher payback percentage (like most dollar games).

if you are having trouble posting pics due to size, you can email the highest res picture you can take to slotpics@cdyn.com and I'll stick them on the above site.

Offline jpettigrew

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2023, 10:02:32 AM »
Thank for the info. Will probably need more assistance once I get into it. For now, I only know that I was told that quarters are not accepted and go straight through to exterior coin tray and arm will not pull. I am suspecting something in the coin detection switch (I am learning what items are properly called).

Offline off-track

• Reputation Power: 22
  • off-track New User barely matters.off-track New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2023, 06:45:02 PM »
By saying "I was told" and "once I get into it",  it sounds like you don't have access to the machine yet? 

Is the insert coin section lamp on?  If not, it will reject any coin back to the tray.  If it is on you can manually depress the coin switch wire-form to add a credit or at least tell if the coin-in solenoid actuates.

Offline jpettigrew

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2023, 07:20:05 PM »
I was told means what the previous owner told me. Once I get in to it means I have it but have not ventured into trouble shooting yet. Your comments are consistent with where I was going to start looking.

Offline jpettigrew

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2023, 07:26:48 PM »
Do you have photo where the insert coin selection lamp is?

Offline off-track

• Reputation Power: 22
  • off-track New User barely matters.off-track New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2023, 08:12:39 PM »
Do you have photo where the insert coin selection lamp is?

I don't have a 1088 but if you look at the pics folder under the 1088 section of that link that wolf posted you can see it in the "front view" and "door open images.  It is behind the the reel glass under the red section just to the left of the coin slot. Right click and "open image in new tab" will let you zoom in for a better view.

Offline jpettigrew

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2023, 08:15:33 PM »
Thanks

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2023, 11:26:01 AM »
It is behind the the reel glass under the red section just to the left of the coin slot. Right click and "open image in new tab" will let you zoom in for a better view.

if ya click on an image to look at it, there's an "actual size" button at the bottom, along with buttons for next/prev image and slideshow mode. 

I gotta admit, I haven't really checked how it looks/works on a phone, so for now I changed it to just show the file listing.

if you want the image gallery function, click on imagegallery.php ... otherwise, just scroll thru the listing and click the image by filename to see it full size.

if you prefer the image gallery by default and it's functional on a phone, lemme know and I'll make all the picture folders for the machines work that way.

Offline jpettigrew

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2023, 12:14:42 PM »
Thanks, I will let you know if I need anything more.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2023, 08:24:28 PM »
Check to see if the coin relay is latched.
It is located bottom left rear of the reels chassis
Check the switch contacts for proper function and then apply a light cleaning.

Have you manually depressed the coin switch to see what happens.
If the machine releases the handle when depressing the coin switch wire.
The coin mechanism should be inspected.
Post a photo of the coin mechanism as to see if there’s anything obvious.
Operating the coin mechanism out of the machine is another way to determine its functionality.
Coins pass through the mechanism in one or two directions.
I believe the passage to the right goes into the tray.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal