New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 Wild Thing Reel Lights stopped working, bill bezel light not working  (Read 5717 times)

Offline CossackWarrior

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • CossackWarrior New User has no influence.
  • NLG
I know the backlit reel lights were working not too long ago.  I just realized last night there are not working.  Could I have messed up a setting in the menu, or did a fuse somewhere blow?  I couldnt figure out why they are not working now.  Hmmmm

Also, my bill bezel lights were not working, I checked the voltages at the connector going in, and all the correct voltages were there, so I changed the bulbs and it still didnt work, then thought it was a board issue, so I ordered a new LED board replacement.  Double checked the voltages again on the connector going in before I plugged the new board in and they checked out ok, plugged it in, and even the new LED bill bezel lights are not working.  What the heck!!!!!!

Help :)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 11:47:24 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Des the bill validator accept bills with the light out? I'm wondering if the light is OUT or OFF? If it is not ready to take a bill for some reason (disabled, jammed, cash can not in properly, etc) then the bezel will not illuminate.

Check the plugs to your reels and reseat each plug. If that is your only symptom, then it sounds isolated to your reel harness or backlit reel control board.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline CossackWarrior

• NLG
Des the bill validator accept bills with the light out? I'm wondering if the light is OUT or OFF? If it is not ready to take a bill for some reason (disabled, jammed, cash can not in properly, etc) then the bezel will not illuminate.

Check the plugs to your reels and reseat each plug. If that is your only symptom, then it sounds isolated to your reel harness or backlit reel control board.

Yup, the BV accepts bills with the light out.  the LED lights were tested from the supplier and working.  Can they be turned on or off, where?  When should the BV bezel lights be on, always, or only when a bill is being entered?

As for the reels, I did reset them and nothing.  It may be the backlit reel control board.  Hmmmm.  So puzzled.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Bezel light should be on anytime the bill validator is ready to accept a bill, so basically all the time.

Offline CossackWarrior

• NLG
So 1000% there is an issue with the bezel or wiring on that one

But what about the reels lighting??

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Bezel light should be on anytime the bill validator is ready to accept a bill, so basically all the time.

Validator lights goes off during acceptance and while a game is being played.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline CossackWarrior

• NLG
just checked a video on youtube, rick you are correct.

Sooooo. what the heck could be wrong with my bezel lights??? voltage are at the connector.

I wonder if the pins on the connector are bad.  What size molex pins does it use, and what size connector?  Anyone know where I can buy them?

I guess it will be process of elimination.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
there are three plugs coming off the bill acceptor transport plug, 1= 12vdc power 2 pin connector ,small,  2= comms to the pc, 4 pin connector,  3= 4 pin connector, only two connections on it, connect to a plug with black and yellow wire on it. It goes up to another connection behind the "1 reel  there is also another connection there for the door optic, those four wires travel separate from the rest of the harness to there respective places, the door optic and the bill bezel light panel.  if the machine is accepting bills, then the signal should be at the back of the  transport connector,  there is a four pin connection at the bezel, perhaps your not getting a ground or the +12 dc to that board.

Hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots

Validator lights goes off during acceptance and while a game is being played.

SORRY!!! I was referring to when the game was IDLE.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Have you checked your cabinet IO card to make sure it is pushed in securely? And the plug from it's holder to the motherboard also?

Offline CossackWarrior

• NLG
Re: S2000 Wild Thing Reel Lights stopped working, bill bezel light not working
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 10:03:56 PM »
Have you checked your cabinet IO card to make sure it is pushed in securely? And the plug from it's holder to the motherboard also?

No, not yet, but tonight I checked the voltages going to the connectors for the reels and everything checks out.  I will check the I/O board tomorrow and see if that is all connected properly or not.  Could it also be a faulty backlight controller board?

I did fix the bill bezel lights tonight.  It was a loose connection.  Yeah!

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2015, 06:04:10 AM »
If there's power to the board it could be a bad controller or bad IO card. It could also be a loose connection or motherboard/MPU problem also. Process of elimination...

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2015, 07:30:16 AM »
first thing to check is to look at the reel lights themselves, when power is applied to the machine they will be on. All the bulbs that are good will be lit very faintly. If they are not on, then you have  a power  problem, three connectors go to this board, 1= power plug, has red/orange wires , 2= control cable from the I/O card mounted on the side of the CPU cover, 3= the connection from the reel harness. I have had these controller boards go bad, so if all the connections are good, and you feel the I/O card is good and you are getting the two voltages to the board, then one would suspect the board is bad.

Hope this helps

Jim   

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline CossackWarrior

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2015, 05:52:12 PM »
All fixed, thank you everyone for your advices and products.

Offline Ron (r273)

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2015, 12:13:21 PM »
All fixed, thank you everyone for your advices and products.

And the fixes were? (for future reference)
I'm retired....My job is having a good time with my slots.   Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal