New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Monte Carlo with some problems.  (Read 26392 times)

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
Re: Bally Monte Carlo with some problems.
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2015, 09:11:16 PM »
Thank you for all of those pictures.  I am glad that some of the REAL experts are onto this thread.  I was just a place holder.
Your game looks really clean.  I wonder if my games are just really dirty?  Anyway if you can still read it get the number from the solenoid.  There are quite a few sources for part on the net.  I may even have one in my parts bin.

Ra

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2015, 01:58:23 AM »
Yea I agree with Ra.. Get the numbers off one of your four other good coils and do a web search. Some pinball sights might have a replacement coil, or if you list the numbers here someone might have one..

Donner.. I hate to sound stupid but you said this in your post, ( You might want to back off the clutch screws also on the reel hubs a turn or two.)  Is this on all hubs or just a machine with the hold feature like this one or a Mustang?

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2015, 10:48:21 PM »
Hi Gary,
There are generally two holes in each reel hub.  One is an oil hole, and the other is threaded with a screw and a spring inside that that acts as a clutch.  Many many many of the machines you will run across are missing the screw and spring. No big deal, it works fine without, but you could adjust them to take out some slop from the reel spin.  You will notice needle bearings in the hubs, and it is a good idea to lube them with a drop or two of oil from time to time.
A little bit of grease on the needle bearings after oiling works, too.  Just a bit, otherwise they get slow when they're cold.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2015, 01:39:51 AM »
Thanks Donner for that bit of information.. I need to go take a look now, because I always assumed that was just a casting mark and not a screw..  :Scratch-Head:  I've noticed the needle bearings for a smooth low resistance spin that you couldn't get from a bushing, plus that they should last for ever..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Sloth

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sloth New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2015, 07:24:15 AM »
Just disassembled the reel unit(see pictures) and now it's waiting to get washed,scrubbed and oiled.Took some hours to remove all the wires and coiles but now it's ready to get cleaned up :yes:
Just bought this oil on e-bay.Let me know if this is ok to use.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330472969867?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Also need to now all the places that needs to be lubricated.

The number of the coil is:J-28-1100 but i can't find it anywere on the internet so ialso need to now where i can get this coil.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2015, 11:24:29 AM »

Read the specs on your oil, sounds nice, let us know what you think of it.
Use common sense for lubing the mech.  Anyplace metal rubs against metal is a good bet.
You can also pull your reel wiper shaft if you want, and your front shaft to get it really clean.  don't forget to pop out your half gears and clean and lube them and their nyliner with some good grease.
Take your time with it, have fun.
Don't know where to get that coil, try the distributors/vendors here on NLG...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2015, 11:44:19 AM »
You could try Pinball Resource   http://www.pbresource.com/. for your coil. If he doesn't have the exact on, he might be able to cross reference one to work? If you don't see any thing on his sight, try calling him. Tell him you have an older Bally EM slot that needs a coil and give him those numbers.

Good luck, Gary

And remember...

Offline RiseLikeRa

• RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2015, 08:57:29 PM »
Dang!  When you clean a reel you really clean a reel.  I would never have the courage to take my mech down that deep!  I cant wait to see that thing work again.  I will look for your coil after I shovel 6 inches of snow tomorrow.

Ra

Offline The Fatman

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2015, 07:17:00 AM »
I also dont take one down that far either. I have a hard time remembering where I put the key sometimes.
Dave F
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 10:23:28 AM by The Fatman »
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline Sloth

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2015, 09:38:06 AM »
Dang!  When you clean a reel you really clean a reel.  I would never have the courage to take my mech down that deep!  I cant wait to see that thing work again.  I will look for your coil after I shovel 6 inches of snow tomorrow.

Ra

I have taken a lot of pictures so hopefully everything will be in place when i'm done cleaning.I have also disassembled and cleaned 6 pinball machines before so i've had some experience with taking things apart but this is my first slothmachine :yes:
I understod early that the key thing is to take a lot of pictures and hope for the best :drool04:
Thanks for looking for a coil and watch you back when shoveling snow :dancing_2:

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2015, 11:17:55 AM »
Pictures or no pictures if you get that game working again, video proof needed, you will be Knighted  SUPER SLOTH by the NLG family. 

7 inches of wet heavy snow removed.  Digging for your coil now.  It was not in the first place that I keep parts but I am not giving up on you.

Ra

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2015, 07:10:23 PM »
Sloth:

Well I checked all of my coils, 15 or them, and I do not have the one you are looking for.  Perhaps someone else on the list can help.  Sorry. I tried.

Ra

Offline Sloth

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2015, 10:16:20 AM »
Sloth:

Well I checked all of my coils, 15 or them, and I do not have the one you are looking for.  Perhaps someone else on the list can help.  Sorry. I tried.

Ra
No problem.Thanks for looking.
I'll keep you posted.When i'm done,video proof will be posted :yes:

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2015, 04:49:07 PM »
You might be able to substitute a B25-925 coil from an odds unit.  *If they are the same dimensions, it should work I think, as they are fairly similar.
Yours is 28 guage wire, 1100 turns (is that right?)
and the B25 is 25 guage, 925 turns. 
It might be a little hot, but then it only needs to turn on momentarily....
I think the B25 solenoids may be more available.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2015, 05:17:01 PM »
Wow.  I never knew what those letters and numbers on the coils meant.  Thanks Reno.

Ra

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2015, 05:27:23 PM »
I just did a quick google search and found this..

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/J-28-1100

There were other listing available too.. You just need to compare the size to yours.

Gary
And remember...

Offline Sloth

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2015, 03:26:26 AM »
I saw the coil from marcos but it's not the same size.I'll will check the B25-925 coil and see if i can use that one.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2015, 03:58:47 AM »
Sloth:

I guess the blistering on the coil is an indication that it is bad.  On first glance I would think that this coil was still good.  I guess when I burn a coil I BBQ it.  The ones that I have seen that are burnt have turned brown. Very Dangerous.  I know.  I definitely do not have that one.  I looked again for that one and the one mentioned by Donner AKA Old Reno.  I am sorry.  I hope that someone here can help you out soon.  I am waiting to see the video of the game working.  A nice guy named Jeff bought out Barry Fox some years ago.  He may have a dozen of them.  PM me for his info and you can send him that picture.  I think that if you put email addresses in these posts the spy bots or some type of coodies can get us.

Ra

Offline Sloth

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2015, 04:23:47 AM »
Ra

The one in the picture is ok.The one i need is all burned up (roasted)
Would be nice if someone could confirm that i can use the B25-925 coil.
I have no clue on what other coil i can use so i will wait until i get the corrcet info.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2015, 04:31:55 AM »
Understood.  Just PM me if you would like for me to give you the information for a few parts guys.

Ra

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal