New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Monte Carlo with some problems.  (Read 26394 times)

Offline Sloth

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sloth New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Bally Monte Carlo with some problems.
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2015, 04:54:42 AM »
Sendt you a pm.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2015, 06:01:35 AM »

Offline Sloth

• NLG
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2015, 06:11:13 AM »
Saw that one too but i'm not sure if i can use it.Looks just like the one i need and the part number is also almost the same.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2015, 10:54:19 PM »
You should have a b25 925 on your odds disc.  Measure to see if it is the same dimensions....
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2015, 12:23:26 PM »
I looked in the books that I have, the letter is the physical size of the coil,  the 28 is the size of the magnet wire, and the 1100 is the number of turns. the C-28-1100  should work just fine provided there isn't a huge difference in the size.

here are some old Bally numbers that correspond to the coils: new#  J-28-1100   old Bally # E-184-236.   new#  C-28-1100  old Bally # CO-28R-15    the C-28-1100 coil is used on most the count up and reset units, it is used as the reset coil.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Sloth

• NLG
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2015, 01:36:45 AM »
Just ordered the c-28-1100 coil from Pinball center EU.The size looks much the same so I'll take a gamble :yes:

Offline RiseLikeRa

• Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2015, 05:54:37 AM »
I hope that it works out just fine.

Ra

Offline Sloth

• NLG
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2015, 12:44:58 PM »
Update:

Reel unit is now washed,lubricated and reassembled.Everything is back where it was and a new coil has been installed :yes:
Just going to lubricate the roulette weel and hold buttons before i test it.
Interesting to see if i have solved any of the problems.

Stay tuned for video proof :wave:

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2015, 02:12:21 PM »
Excellent Job!! Looks factory fresh. Hopefully it now works as good as it looks...
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2015, 02:18:35 PM »
I have minimal experience on the EM's but the wiper arms alignment were the toughest part for me to get working properly.  Look at the mass of wires on those contact boards, WOW!!!

Offline RiseLikeRa

• RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2015, 04:32:10 PM »
I am with Amechanic.  Congratulations so far. It looks like a brand new reel mech.  Now lets see if it actually works.  Not that I doubt you of coarse.

Ra

Offline Sloth

• NLG
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2015, 02:40:31 PM »
Another update:

Started testing the machine now with the reel unit back in place(see video below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPMPEDzakwU

The weels spin ok but the first weel often stops too soon.Not sure what to adjust there.
The hold button is  fixed with the new coil.

The biggest problem now is the payout.It still doesen't pay out on the right side(only if you get 2 cherrys)
I took out the hopper as i wanted to clean it a bit and i removed the plate that register the payout and the spring on the gear behind the plate loosened so after i had put it together the hopper went crazy and it didn't pay out a single coin.
I turned the plate a bit and after that it started to pay out but now it payes out too much if i win so i guess i have to reset the hopper somehow (don't know how to do that)
The biggest mystery is still why it doesen't pay out on the right side.Only for 2 cherrys,not 1 cherry or 3 of a kind. :Scratch-Head:

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2015, 04:29:48 PM »
Well cut my legs and call me shorty!  You did it!  I am impressed.  As far as your quick stopping first reel, there is something called a variator in the  the reels that might need adjusting.  Remove the reels and work the action manually.  It is a few links with teeth that slide along each other.  I also had a strange circumstance where the clock weld had failed.  The first reel would index almost immediately.  It was very hard to find because the clock did spin but slipped on its shaft.  There is also and adjustment of the right side of the reel bundle that can cause early indexing but I forgot if it is the trip lever or the spring mechanism.  I am getting old and the mind is mush.  I know one of the experts can narrow it down for you.

Ra

Offline Sloth

• NLG
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2015, 12:54:46 AM »
Thanks Ra.

Hope i can get this fully working again :EmoticonHelp4:

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2015, 05:09:14 AM »
After you got those reels back together you have made a believer out of me!  I am sure that you will be 100% soon.

Ra

Offline Sloth

• NLG
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2015, 01:00:41 PM »
Still can't get the hopper to pay out correctly after i loosened the green plate and spring when i cleaned it.
I have the "owner's pictorial guide" and i read the tips here on NLG about resetting the hopper but I'm still not certain how to set it right.Guess the plate has to be in a certain position in order to pay out the right amount.
Here's some pictures of the hopper.

Offline Sloth

• NLG
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2015, 01:02:57 PM »
One more picture.

Offline The Fatman

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2015, 01:27:12 PM »
Can you provide a zoom in pic of the zero switch(s) on the front of the green sprial. Looks like the switches might not be closed at the proper time. I have some ideas but dont want to guess. It is importaint that they open and close (make and break)correctly and they make good contact when they do.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline Sloth

• NLG
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2015, 01:44:25 PM »
Thanks.Here's some more pictures.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2015, 02:34:56 PM »
your zero stop switch  rubber dampener looks pretty beat up, not many resets left in it. that will have to be manufactured to get any consistency out of it. Typically, when the unit is reset, it is reset to a pad that is marked "0", usually at the six o'clock position on the payout disc panel. then you can manually step the wiper fingers off the zero spot to a count where the wipers will no longer be on any pads. when the unit is reset to zero, the zero switch is open, as soon as the unit begins to count, the zero switch will close and remain closed for the remainder of the count. you can step this and reset it  out of the machine  so you could observe what is happening, the top coil behind the disc is the step up coil and the coil on the bottom is the reset coil.

many people will use a pink eraser to fashion a new zero switch stop dampener.  the material usually sticks out around 1/8 inch beyond the metal enclosure, this will allow for adjustment and proper positioning of the wiper fingers when they are reset.

Hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal