New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Monte Carlo with some problems.  (Read 26395 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally Monte Carlo with some problems.
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2015, 02:35:20 PM »
Your wiper on the spiral cam should be at 6 O'Clock for the bottom one and 12 for the top. Make sure the guide roller on the metal bracket above the cam is in the outer groove of the spiral cam when your cam resets.. The wiper return spring can be tricky to get correct on these dual wiper cams. I have a Metalist and it took me a while to get it right. If you wind it too tight, it will bind up before your hopper counts out 200 coins.. Too light of tension it won't return to zero. I don't have my book in front of me, but it's 1-2 two turn max at zero.. I found that a very light coat of oil or contact grease helps the spiral cams contact glide overt the wiper board. A good test is will my hoppers spiral cam return to zero after a two coin payout.

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Sloth

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sloth New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2015, 02:59:17 PM »
Jim and Amechanic, thanks for the tips.

I'll try to do my best.
I had the wiper arms in the 6 and 12 o'clock position but i didn't check the other things then.
I'll keep you posted on how it goes.
 :thank_you:

Offline RiseLikeRa

• Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2015, 08:59:18 PM »
Jim:

That was explained very well.  Just a little dab of light glue will help the pencil eraser stay seated properly I have found.

Ra

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2015, 06:47:12 PM »
Your torsion spring should have about 2 to 2 and 1/2 turns. Don't let the spring cross over on itself when you wind it.  After adjusting, make sure it does not bind up when it steps up the 100 or 200 steps that are the max the hopper will make.  You can step it once to lock it in, and then wind it up manually.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline The Fatman

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2015, 07:05:48 PM »
Congrats ... you now have OldReno chiming in . :agreepost: .. you cant get ant better help than you have now.... It is his help that has got my 15+ machines working as wellas they do now.
Thank you my friend .... follow his advice and links to the repair logs. If it aint working, chances are he has addressed the issue and has been logged in here, What a great place to hang out at... Hope I get back on my feet soon and can get back to fixing what I have to fix.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline RiseLikeRa

• RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2015, 07:08:14 PM »
Dave we are all praying for your speedy and full recovery.

Ra

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2015, 07:31:54 PM »
Dave, wtf is going on with you?  You ok? ???
btw Gary's last post is a good one...if it resets all the way after a 2 coin pay, that is a good thing.

Offline The Fatman

• The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2015, 08:04:04 PM »
My friends.... slipped on the ice and really knocked my ribs on my right side loose, not broken but bruised. The big one is the rotator cuff is fried. Ortho says unless PT will help, the only thing left is a soulder replacement. Too much RA in the joint for too long a time. I am just hoping that the PT will at least get me back to where I was before I slipped. Was tough to lift my R arm all the way up but so much better then, then where I am now. I hate getting old ....and grumpy. Grumpy is ok , but the grumpy part I can deal with. Thanks for yall interest.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2015, 08:38:21 PM »
Get well Dave.. I know about the RA thing, and that ice can be a bitch.. It has forced me in the past 18 months to have to quit my job and to go on SS Disability. These past two winters are making me thinking of a warmer climate. These Michigan winter have been horrible last two yrs.. Heck 2 nights ago we were -30 for or low, and that's not a wind chill reading.

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline The Fatman

• NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2015, 08:48:51 PM »
Thanks for everyones concern. It it such a wonderful feeling knowing that people care. Thanks to you all .....I feel that all the folks that are involved here, are the most caring people on the web. I thank you and cant wait till when the weather gets better and we ( who can make it) meet up in Pottstown this spring. I am so looking forward to meeting everyone. Got to meet Ra (Terrance) already. And if he is a sign of the kind of folks we will be gettting together with, it will be an awesome event.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2015, 09:57:07 PM »
Sorry Dave.  See what I started.  But we do care for you and hope that you feel better soon. 
I cant wait to get on my bike and put my knees in the breeze to go to the NLG BBQ.  Stay warm all.

Ra

Offline Sloth

• NLG
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2015, 10:15:10 AM »
Been trying some different adjustments and here is where i am at the moment:

I stepped the wiper arms to the mark on the board (next to the number 2) 6 o'clock position.
Can't see anything that's marked with "0" on the board.
I then tried some different payouts to see if i got the correct amount.
5 coins,10 coins,14 coins,20 coins and 100 coins is OK.

I tried 200 before the 100 but nothing happened.
It also payed 5 coins for 1 cherry (should have been only 2 coins)
2 Cherry's pays 5 coins.

The last payout i tried was 100 and after that the wiper arms went back to the position on the pictures included here.
Not on the mark i set the wiper arms to but on the "2" position.

Guess there's something i'm doing wrong so please hang in there with me until i can figure this out
Thanks to everyone here who's helping me out :thank_you:

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2015, 10:54:39 AM »
Ok I see a big problem.. That metel slide plate is not installed correct.. If you look at the picture I cropped of your first picture you can see the the studs holding plate show a gap in the left of the stud. This is telling me that the roller on the back is not in the outside slot of the spiral cam and that's not allowing the zero switches to open. Remove the 3 small e-clips holding the slide plate on and pick it up on the switch end.. Now make sure to get the roller on the back of the metal bracket into the outer slot if the spiral cam, and reinstall the e-clips.
And remember...

Offline Sloth

• NLG
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2015, 11:59:14 AM »
Ok.Removed the clips and the roller is now in the outer slot on the spiral cam.Clips are back in place.
Next step... :applause:

Don't want to mess this up again.

Offline The Fatman

• NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2015, 12:15:43 PM »
Also there is a burnt spot that might cause an issue. I have attached the pic you have provided with the area circled. You see the "2" on the board, that is the trace that goes with the 2 coin payout. It needs to be off the trace when the second coin advances it. It should not make contact with the other trace in front of it. All of the other payouts should be in line when the 2 is correct. This can be adjusted with a small hex wrench in the top of the zero cushion. Adjust this and tighten back the locking nuts. This should make a difference if the other adjustment with the cam did not fix the amount of the payout.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2015, 12:26:41 PM »
Nice catch Dave.. I didn't blow that pic up.. OldReno would know, but I believe there is a cap some where in the machine that keeps that arching from happening?

I did notice in pic one that the second or lower contact on the zero switch is not opening when the spiral cam resets... Looks like the lower contact needs to be bent down just a bit.

Gary
And remember...

Offline Sloth

• NLG
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2015, 01:26:04 PM »
Ok.Are the wiper arms supposed to be on the trace before "2" (Marked:C0) ?
When the wiper arms is in the "2" position it pays out 5 coins (the next trace on the board after "2" is "5")
The spiral weel doesen't go further back than "2"

Do i have to adjust the zero cushion back so that the arms are in the "C0" position ?

Offline The Fatman

• NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2015, 01:52:23 PM »
It starts on the trace and after the second coin, it should loose contact with the 2 trace. Otherwise it  continues on and pays out the 5 and that appears to be your problem.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2015, 01:54:14 PM »
Try back up your stop bumper one full turn. I check my hopper with my meter (VOM).. You start on the 2 strip. Click your cam once you should read a closed curcuit, click it a second time you should now have an open curcuit.. Same with the 5 strip, closed curcuit 3,4, them open after the 5th click. Put one lead on the CO, and the other on the strip you want to check..

Gary
And remember...

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2015, 10:12:05 PM »
The hex head screw that Dave talks about is THE adjust for your spiral cam setting, and where your wiper fingers set at zero.  If you raise the screw, the wiper fingers reset farther back (often too far back, and missing the contacts).   If you lower the screw, then you will end up being one coin short on all pays, because the payboard fingers are setting on One instead of Zero.
Actually there are other ways to adjust this, too, but they include moving the board itself (two small bolts holding the board in place), and as a radical extreme, even bending the wiper fingers themselves to shorten them.  But, the hex is the best method.
You will notice the spiral cam has a little bump of sorts at the 9 o clock position, and it is this that is adjusted by moving the hex up or down. (note, the 4th way to adjust is to either file or fill in this 'bump', but that's even more extreme and a last case resort)
This all gets kind of tricky, as it is interesting to know also that when the links unlatch themselves as the step up coil or step up linkage steps its first step, the two tabs on the linkages SHOULD both hit the white plastic gear teeth cleanly and not at the peak of the teeth.  This could over time, wear down the plastic teeth. But that's over a lot of time, and probably not too important for us.  Just miscellany, not to worry about.

Here are a couple of links from past posts on the NLG dot net site, which are still up by the way....

how to adjust your hopper torsion spring http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=18872.0

Arc switches  http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=17704.0 This is why you get burn spots on the board, and there is some very very good info by OpBell in this thread.
OpBell knows his shit.
Also Frenchmarky says some good stuff.
I will post these each in their own thread/link so folks can find them easier.

Hope all are well.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal