New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Main battery NEW QUESTIONS TODAY  (Read 7895 times)

Offline sturgeongeneral

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • sturgeongeneral New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Main battery NEW QUESTIONS TODAY
« on: January 29, 2015, 07:11:16 PM »
Here's another newbie question. I just got a main battery low error on my S2000. Where is it and how is it changed? Is this the one that I hear needs to be soldered in? Thanks again for the help. I just got my new game kit last week and now I got the error.  :hissyfit:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 03:33:07 PM by Ron (r273) »

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Main battery
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 07:20:19 PM »
Here's another newbie question. I just got a main battery low error on my S2000. Where is it and how is it changed? Is this the one that I hear needs to be soldered in? Thanks again for the help. I just got my new game kit last week and now I got the error.  :hissyfit:
Depends on the board/MPU you have. The 500 series have batteries that need to be soldered in, the 1270 enhanced have a coin cell that you just pop in.. Don't worry, it's not the dreaded varta battery that's more of a pain in the arse to replace.

Post a pic of your board or let us know. 

Offline sturgeongeneral

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 08:06:24 PM »

How do you post pics?

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 08:15:02 PM »

How do you post pics?
Does it look like the top or bottom MPU?

To attach a pic, simply click the 'Attachments and other options' text in green right below the window you are typing in..

Offline sturgeongeneral

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 08:26:16 PM »
Here it is:

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 08:32:11 PM »
That's a 500 series board so you need to replace the coin battery with the yellow border. You can get a socket and battery so future replacements are easier, but Batteries Plus will do it for you if you take the board to them

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 08:35:59 PM »
Here it is:
Was Typing while Cowboy posted. Ha.

Lower left, soldered yellow battery.

Now, you can put a coin cell holder on that so you no longer have to solder next time and just pop in and out the battery, or go with the same. Do you have a soldering iron?

I will look and see if I have any battery holders left, freebie if I do.  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline sturgeongeneral

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 08:42:16 PM »
Thanks for the replies! I figured it was the one that you guys said it was. Yes I can solder. Sorry for the newbie questions, but I love tinkering on this thing. The more I learn the more fun it is!

Offline sturgeongeneral

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 08:52:52 PM »
Is that a standard 2032 soldered into the yellow holder?

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 08:58:10 PM »
Noticed you still have the green varta battery on the board. While you are at it remove it, it is not needed on that board. It will start to leak when they go dead.

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2015, 06:49:34 AM »
Is that a standard 2032 soldered into the yellow holder?
A 2032 with tabs, made to be soldered.

Here are the holders I use (I don't have any left to send ya). Raz is a member here, send him a message and he'd probably sell you just one. These make replacing the battery much easier down the road.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-IGT-S2000-CR2032-BATTERY-HOLDER-AND-BATTERIES-/161160640680

:cool_thumb_up:

Offline sturgeongeneral

• NLG
Re: Main battery NEW QUESTIONS TODAU
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2015, 06:58:08 PM »
So I went to batteries + today. They told me that CR2302 does not come with tabs. They said that they have a tech in their store 25 miles away that would solder one for me. So what the heck, are they not sold with tabs? I even asked if they had a coin style battery holder for a 2302 and they just looked at me like I was speaking jibberish. Man what a pain in the butt for a simple job. My Dad is flying in on Tuesday and he loves to play the game. Anybody got any ideas? I am in Sacramento, Ca.

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
Re: Main battery NEW QUESTIONS TODAU
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2015, 07:09:12 PM »
So I went to batteries + today. They told me that CR2302 does not come with tabs. They said that they have a tech in their store 25 miles away that would solder one for me. So what the heck, are they not sold with tabs? I even asked if they had a coin style battery holder for a 2302 and they just looked at me like I was speaking jibberish. Man what a pain in the butt for a simple job. My Dad is flying in on Tuesday and he loves to play the game. Anybody got any ideas? I am in Sacramento, Ca.
Batteries MINUS , jokers.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cr2032+with+tabs&safe=off&biw=1024&bih=475&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=sInNVKKoG4ecNpTygJAE&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg

Here's one with a quick search.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SLOT-MACHINE-BATTERY-IGT-S2000-3-VOLT-LITHIUM-CR-2032-PCB-PINS-REPLACES-BR-2330-/121539399657

*Edit - You may have said the wrong battery # when asking batteries -. It's not CR2302,   it's CR2032.

Offline sturgeongeneral

• NLG
Re: Main battery NEW QUESTIONS TODAY
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2015, 07:31:02 PM »
I appreciate it. I did ask for the right battery. I was just dislexic when I posted today. My biggest concern is getting it running for his arrival Tuesday.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2015, 07:43:38 PM »
They may have been confused because that's the most common coin battery in use today. But maybe not...

The solder in version is a BR2032

Offline sturgeongeneral

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2015, 07:45:03 PM »
Another question is: is it just as easy to solder in one of the battery holders as a battery? That way I would be done with it and easy to pop in a new battery and go.

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2015, 07:47:43 PM »
Another question is: is it just as easy to solder in one of the battery holders as a battery? That way I would be done with it and easy to pop in a new battery and go.
Yep. Makes changes in the future solder-less.   :cool_thumb_up:

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2015, 08:53:49 PM »
If you have any old pc computers for the scrap heap you can harvest a battery holder from one of those boards
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline PLUNGER BOY

• Sr NLG Member
  • PLUNGER BOY New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2015, 09:04:06 PM »
Radio Shack sells the solder in replacement battery holders  CR2032 battery holder # 2700009 or 270-009

Offline sturgeongeneral

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2015, 09:13:04 PM »
Radio Shack sells the solder in replacement battery holders  CR2032 battery holder # 2700009 or 270-009

SWEET! I will check the local Radio Shack in the AM. This may just be the answer to get it done in time. Thanks a bunch!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal