New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Missing MFG label plate  (Read 8056 times)

Offline Deadbus

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Deadbus New User has no influence.
  • If they can make it, I can break it. JS...
Missing MFG label plate
« on: February 16, 2015, 08:42:43 PM »
Hello gang, been a while since I was in the forums.  Need some help to identify my new machine.  I recently bought a Bally Super Continental, but the MFG label plate is missing.  I contacted the person I bought it from and their response was, "It's missing???"  Is there anywhere else that the serial number and model# are on the machine?  The reason I want it, is to get a set of schematics, but I need the complete model number.

Many thanks!

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: Missing MFG label plate
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 09:30:54 PM »
Look on the reel shelf, reel mech, floor of machine (inside of the door), or engraved in the door itself. You'll find some clues... :sherlock: :sherlock:
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 10:22:33 PM »
I have a book somewhere that has the model numbers, but I agree that usually on the front of the reels, or check the whole inside.. I've found then in pencil, or grease pencil written on the insides. Check for any wiring tags, even in the top box..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline TheAirBalancer

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • TheAirBalancer New User has no influence.
  • TheAirBalancer
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 11:02:56 PM »
Here's a thread from the old NLG site. Perhaps you have an 847 model? Looks like some good info in the thread and on page 5 there appears to be a large list of manuals and schematics;

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?PHPSESSID=988d893d778b663eaf77ced1f04ed9a4&topic=25121.0
:az_flag:

Offline dhellis

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • dhellis New User has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 11:46:47 PM »
I believe that this is a Bally 891 Super Continental. Made in 1970.

A good manual for this would be the Bally E/M Slot Machine Manual for the Continentals and the Super Continental Machines, Manual # 1100

That manual covers the Continental models 883, 889, 891, 892 and 902

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 12:40:05 AM »
dhellis is correct, that's the model 891 and it should have a credit feature. I don't remember how to set it up, or turn it off and on, but it has something to do with the button on the right side of the cabinet. I think there is a second key also on the right side that was used to turn it on or off? Your original Continental is the 847 model.

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Deadbus

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 06:57:04 PM »
Thank you! I checked the door, floor, reel mech, and reel deck and nothing.  I did however find a "83" written in marker on the handle lockout assembly.  I am going to look in the top section tomorrow.  Thanks for the clues.On a separate note, since taking out the hopper and reel mech, I seem to have allowed the Gremlins gods to play havoc with my machine.  Now it no longer recognizes a "win" to payout.  I've reseated everything several times, even cleaned and verified all the solenoids work. :Scratch-Head:   
I need to put some chicken bones and a green Army man in there (worked in the Navy).

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 10:17:15 AM »
A lot of states only legally permit slot machines for home use if they are older than 25 or 30 years, or something like that, different states have different laws. So some worried owners with machines newer than what their state allows will remove the id plate in order to make it harder for someone to know the age of the machine.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline The Fatman

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 01:35:37 PM »
Check the zero switch on the hopper in front of the spiral disk. It needs to make good contact when closed. First thing I check ...now..... thanks OldReno
Dave
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline Deadbus

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 07:25:21 PM »
Finally found the complete model number.  It is a 891-18.  I still can't it to pay on wins, though.  Tested each coil (multimeter), verified all the limit switches work correctly, checked the zero stop.  Bloody weird, all I did was remove the reel mech and hopper to look for the serial number (still haven't found that).  Hmmm.

Offline The Fatman

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2015, 04:08:36 PM »
Continentals can be a rough machine when it comes to payouts. It can make you do this ... :Crazy: How this machine differs from the earlier slots is that the regular slots simly do a payout with the spiral disk and the wiper arms controlling the amount, on the hopper. The Continental, since it is a 6 coin machine, pays out the amount of coin for a single coin and resets the hopper and pays out the next coin and resets and does it again until the amount of coins played times the payout has been satisfied. For example, if you play 6 coins and hit 2 cherrys, it will pay 5 coins and reset and pay 5 more, and continue this until 30 coins have been payed out. There is a unit behind the back top glass that is motor driven and this controlls that payout. Very touchy mech and if adjusted, has to be done correctly. I would advise first a very good contact cleaner spray and a business card to clean the contacts. Dont ever file most of the switches in a machine. Also check the connectors to make sure there is no corrocion. Thats the best way to start that I can try to help you with.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2015, 07:23:29 PM »
Try pulling gently on your carriage frame (part #21 picture #1 page #112) in your free downloadeable Bally EM Manual.  Often by doing that you may be able to start the pay.
Your wiper fingers should always be at the 6 oclock position after the payboard has reset.  That means after you pull the handle, and pull out the hopper, you should see those fingers at 6 (which is actually the ZERO position of the payboard).
I always check the payboard fingers when I have a bad pay or no payout.  If they're not at zero, then the payboard did not reset.
Oh, and your winner paid light will stay on, too....
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline Deadbus

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2015, 08:07:52 PM »
Just wanted to let everyone know that I found the problem.  Apparently when I pulled out the hopper, a wire attached itself to my sleeve and broke away from it's home.  Took forever to find, but she breathes again, now a new issue has popped up, but I'll troubleshoot it later.  Thanks again! :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal