New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Over Paying Bally 1090  (Read 5042 times)

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Over Paying Bally 1090
« on: March 14, 2015, 01:08:11 PM »
Thanks for the info, got the machine cleaned up and everything is working good except.
The payouts are incorrect or should I say the machine doesn't know when to stop paying.
Sometimes it will pay until the shut off control is activated.
The one at the bottom left rear that has the red light and rest set  flat bar at the front of the machine.
I would appreciate any help in to the right direction for a starting point.
I'm thinking its after the coin counter as some times it works okay, but 80% of the time it just pays whatever then stops.
Will be combing this site and reading the manual.

Thanks for any information
Dave   

Offline The Fatman

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
Re: Over Paying Bally 1090
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 01:38:48 PM »
OldReno has post many "help logs" regarding almost every possible problem. This is probably an adjustment issue to the little switch on the front of the payout disk and the adjustment of the stop rubber, both on the hopper, which will let the spiral to move and open the connection ,on the payout board, up after the correct pay. If you cant find the logs let me know and I will get you there.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 02:30:18 PM »
Thanks for the info. I did a quick clean on the contacts and it kept it from run continuously.
Ran out of time today, will get to it tomorrow. In the meantime I will research the problem and
familiarize myself in that area. Also have another working hopper I could use to isolate the problem.
Thanks again
David

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 06:30:58 PM »
Okay, got back to the hopper and found a spring missing from the upper coil. Temporary fixed with a rubber band. Also cleaned the hopper payout counter. All payouts paying correct, except for triple bars, they pay between 16 to 18 coins over every time. Haven't tried the 7s yet.
Any suggestion on what to look for would be great.

Thank you
David

Offline The Fatman

• The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 07:07:17 AM »
Checking to see if the wiper arms on the payout disc are making a good connection. Lightly lift one at a time up a little and when you release it, it should snap onto the board. Light cleaning of the traces and lube the disc with Lubriplate and then wipe it off. Only takes a very light application to acheive proper travel without hanging.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 05:51:50 PM »
WELL, I did some cleaning, fixed 2 wires hanging on by one strand and the zero switch lever was sticking, sprayed with contact cleaner.
Okay fixed all that. Great machine should run great. In the process the hopper continues to run until the time delay kicks in or the coin trip switch is activated.
If I set the reels to pay off the hopper keeps running and noticed the counter is not being activated the solenoid doesn't move.
Photos of missing spring has been replaced, but not with the original type just a makeshift spring to get it running which it did the day before.
Need to find out where I can purchase one or two stock springs.
So need some direction on where to start. I think its something minor as the machine did function properly a few times.
Will replace spring first and go from there.
Thanks for any help in this matter.
Dave

Offline The Fatman

• NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 07:44:15 PM »
Please show a picture of the 2 springs. In place is best so I can see exactly which ones you need.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 08:41:57 PM »
Okay, the missing spring was on the upper coil at back of the hopper. I assume it would be the same as the one below. I'll take a look at the hopper that's over at my brothers shop. Either way I will still need a spring.
In the photo you'll see the coil missing the spring.
Thank you so much.
Dave

Offline The Fatman

• NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 04:46:14 AM »
There is a good chance I have one of those and the other. To make sure, provide me a pic ot the other spring. The small spring at the back side of the coil is a very common spring not only in Bally slots but on their EM pinballs.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2015, 10:01:17 AM »
Okay, thanks for getting back to me. Attached some photos for your enjoyment.
The solenoid / coil that is missing the spring is G-31 2000. Pretty common I hope and imagine there is a few springs laying around.
Regarding the runaway hopper, I pretty much have narrowed it down, But haven't found the cause yet.
As you know the coin counter on the hopper sends the signal to the step-up counter and that is not happening.
I can set up a pay off and work the step-up manually and it cuts the power to the hopper as it should.
Suspecting faulty contacts under the counter arm, loose/broken wire or the step-up solenoid took a dive.
I don't think its the solenoid because it worked one time after I put the hopper back into the machine.
Going to try pulling the hopper just enough to unplug and replug see if that has any effect.
Also will be looking for upper door bezel and coin insert. The one on the machine is lightly pitted.   

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 10:49:12 AM »
Okay, I think I have fixed the problem. Not sure which correction actually did the trick as I did two things.
Backed off the adjustment screw on the end of the coin counter pivot arm and pushed all the wires at the end of the looms
connected to the hopper. I know one adjustment at a time, but one of those two did the trick.
Checked ebay for springs and found plenty of solenoids with springs, very common in Bally pinball machines.
Side note:
Notice your Pan Head, attached is a photo of my '55 I no longer own.

Thanks for all your help. I believe there is a place to rate other people.
Soon as I get more familiar with this site I will give you the highest ratings possible.
Thanks again
Dave 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal