New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 831 - Hopper motor runs with every pull  (Read 20430 times)

Offline mark the spark

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • mark the spark New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Bally 831 - Hopper motor runs with every pull
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2015, 08:44:18 AM »
I am enjoying this thread so lets throw some ideas out there
I take it that your photos of the hopper were taken after it paid out as your wiper arm is almost at the top
never having had a 831 I take it you can win on all three lines at once?
only 42 coins could represent plums on an all three lines win, if so could you not put a piece of paper under the 14 pay wiper and see if this prevents your hopper from paying out.
is it worth doing that for all payouts  so at least your finding which circuit is hot and then work backwards
as I say just throwing some ideas out there

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2015, 09:38:30 AM »
That's a good idea.. The 831 is a 3 coin 3 line machine, but I don't think you can win on all 3 lines at once. I do know that the 831 should have a seperate relay only for the Plum symbols. I'm trying to remember where it's located? Something's telling me its on or under the hopper.. It should be labeled Plums.. Check to see if its contacts are stuck closed..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2015, 10:59:04 AM »
That's a good idea.. The 831 is a 3 coin 3 line machine, but I don't think you can win on all 3 lines at once. I do know that the 831 should have a seperate relay only for the Plum symbols. I'm trying to remember where it's located? Something's telling me its on or under the hopper.. It should be labeled Plums.. Check to see if its contacts are stuck closed..

info on the Plum relay in a Bally 873, might be helpful

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=3823.msg21036#msg21036
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline DBreneman

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • DBreneman New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2015, 03:36:05 PM »
I'll go through and check for that.  It does sound like a vert similar problem.  Thanks!

Offline DBreneman

• NLG
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2015, 06:17:07 PM »
There is no plum relay under the payout unit.

I tried insulating the 14 wiper as suggested and it had no effect.  As soon as the machine is powered on (with the payout counter reset) it pays out 42 coins.  I also tried insulating the other wipers. The only way I could prevent the 42 coins from being paid out (or 42 plus, if the machine is cycled without first resetting the payout counter) was to insulate the "F" wiper.  In that case, it pays out nothing, not even if there is a winning combination on the reels. 

This leads me to believe that all of the payout segments are energized when the machine is reset.  Somehow, when the counter advances 42 after reel two indexes, the circuit is opened.

Recall from earlier that the 42 coins are paid out if the machine is powered up with the payout counter reset.  If the machine is then played, it begins paying out immediately when the reels are released, and will pay out however many coins it can until reel 2 indexes.  Then it will pay out 42 more coins.  This usually results in 54-56 coins being payed per play.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2015, 06:40:29 PM »
Have you inspected your reels beau plugs wiring for a broken or wire grounding out? Remove the Phillip screws holding the retainers, then pull the plugs forward and inspect the wires.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline DBreneman

• NLG
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2015, 08:09:45 PM »
I will do that next!

Offline mark the spark

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • mark the spark New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2015, 01:48:15 AM »
if your F wire is the only way to stop the hopper running then we could work from there
the reason it happens with the first reel is all your pays come through the 1st reel contact plate so when the hopper pay disc is reset or  when coining and then pulling the handle the machine resets the hopper pay board but then starts paying out this being broken by reel 2 indexing
stating the obvious your getting 50 volts to the payout counter disc straight away
looking at the schematics the only other way I can see that happening is through the 777 relay or bar relay but would expect a bigger payout than 42
that's of course if theres no shorted wire, or the wiring on reel 1 is correct

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2015, 01:07:56 PM »
Just for kicks try putting a piece of paper under each of your outboard wipers to insulate them from the board and see if it still does that.
You have 2 sets of 2 fingers each.
This should help determine if the outboard wipers and high pays are involved in this issue.

The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2015, 02:21:01 PM »
Okay, took a close look at the 4th photo from the top. The Zero switch rubber stop is 90% gone and could be part of the problem.
This is an easy fix. The rubber stopper extends approximately .250 out of the metal holder and about the same inside the holder.
A thick walled vacuum line should do the trick or something to that effect. I cut my piece a little longer and trimmed it to the correct length
after testing it in the machine. Be sure to back out the adjusting screw about 90% as to gain full adjustment later as needed. This is a pretty fine adjustment either way which will be determined by how the machine pays out.   

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal