New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: hopper payout problems  (Read 8555 times)

Offline luvreno

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • luvreno New User has no influence.
  • NLG
hopper payout problems
« on: May 01, 2015, 05:04:38 PM »
I have been fighting this all day, This is a dollar 1 coin 4 reel slot  957A  First thing I can't get the winner paid light to go off.  Win I manual place the reels in a winner postion it will not pay off, if I press down on the step up arm reset, it will pay off correctly on pays 2--through 14 pays, I can push the reset arm again it will pay off again with out moving the reels.  the 20 pay and above will not pay off even when I push the step up arm reset.

At one time I had it paying correctly on the 14 pays and below.  I'm glad I'm retired so I would have time to work on my machines.  This is the only EM I have and will ever own, any help will be appreciated. 

Offline luvreno

• NLG
Re: hopper payout problems
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 06:32:09 PM »
It appears that the reset coil is not being energized to reset pawl switches. 

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 10:12:04 AM »
The two switches that control that reset coil are the Reel Mech 'B' switch, and the hopper payboard zero switch.  Check them both out.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline luvreno

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 08:54:51 PM »
Making some progress, starting to understand EM all pays 2-14 are perfect, when you hit a 20 pay or more,it pays out only 8, you have to manually advance it to 20 coins coin payout to reset and turn off winner paid light.  It will then payout 2- 14 coins with no problems, I just don't have a clue why the 20 coin win or higher wins, will stop at 8 coins and not advance.

I'm not very good at trying to explain my problems, since I have very little knowledge when it comes to  EM machines. Thanks to old Reno for starting me in the right direction.  Anybody have any idea where To go from this point.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 11:51:05 PM »
Check your outboard wipers on the payboard.
Look for 20 coin switch opening, perhaps near the zero switch..
send pix of payboard.
Did you try all high pays?

Offline luvreno

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 06:30:48 PM »
for some reason I can not post or add pics

Offline luvreno

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 06:47:17 PM »
I will try again  later to  post pics, I don't know what gives me the most problems the computer or bally em machines,

on a 20 pay the wiper stops on the 14 pay or 12 pay depends on the reel symbols, the 50 pay will not move the wipers on the contact plate assembly,  The 200 pay to my surprise pays out perfect also all 2,5, 10 14, pays are correct.  I checked the wipers, they appear to be OK the plate assembly is clean.  I noticed on all payouts the back part of the payout counter unit seems to arch fairly bright.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 08:03:30 PM »
I would first would check my reels wipers contact for your 20 coin payout to see if your making a good contact, and centered on the contact. Second I would be checking the beau plugs on the reels for a broken wire, and to make sure the male and female connections are not broken or pushed back in the plugs. Last I would check for a bad solder connection on the hoppers wiper board.

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2015, 12:42:50 PM »
There's this that may help... http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=18831.0
You can also check the links going from old reno's troubleshooting tips stickied above to take you to a lot of info on the machines....

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2015, 12:45:12 PM »
Check all your wiper fingers on your payboard for proper tension.  When you lift each one up gently with your fingernail, you should hear it snap slightly when you release it and it contacts the board.  Check all your inboard wipers and your 4 outboard wipers for proper tension.  Otherswise they may not be contacting adequately to give pays.

Offline luvreno

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2015, 06:50:13 PM »
checked the tension on the payout wipers on payout board they are good, I'm going to try old Reno post on  how to ohm-out hopper payboards.   will advise after testing this weekend.

Offline luvreno

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2015, 09:52:22 PM »
I will do my best to explain the results of ohm-out. Hopper payout board test.

Take a look at the pic of the payout board,here are the results of test
1. One lead on 2 tab the other lead on feed I had continuity advance manually stepped hopper 2 times lost continuity after 2ndstep
2.  One lead on 5 pay other on feed, I had continuity, manually stepped 5 times lost continuity
3. One lead on 10 pay other on feed had continuity, manually stepped it 10 times lost continuity.
4. One lead on 14 pay other on feed had continuity, manually stepped it 14 times lost continuity.
This ie where I apparently have my problem
5. One lead on 20 pay other on feed, no continuity,  if I go from 20 pay on lower left next to co to 20 pay on right I have continuity.
This should not be this way?

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2015, 03:20:55 AM »
Well that a sign of progress.. Next would be to re-solder that 20 coin wire on the hoppers wiper board. It sound like a cold or loose solder joint. You could double check the wiper board payout finger connection to the payout board.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2015, 04:52:16 AM »
Morning.
Soldered to the BAck of your payboard, you should see a jumper wire that connects both of your 20 pay segments.  It may be broken, or a bad solder joint.  You should be able to ohm a connection between the 20 segments, as they are supposed to be the same thing.    Also, the connect MAY go through one of the switches you show in photo 2.  You will have to trace out the correct wire color from your smaller 20 tab, as that should be where it all starts.  Go until you lose the connection on the payboard, and that should be where your problem is.

Offline luvreno

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2015, 10:05:16 AM »
 :applause:  very, very good news!  I  found a lose wire on one of the switches and it works on all 20 payouts, I never thought it would ever work.  I still don't have the pays on the 50 payouts but I'm going to wait a few days to see if I can get it going. I'm a  little afraid to  touch anything, don't want to I screw up the progress I have made,  I have learned lot, but still have a ways to go before I give any advise.

Thanks for all the help, especially old Reno, and Gary for all the good ideas

Luvreno

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2015, 11:11:26 AM »
Good Job!   :cool_thumb_up:
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2015, 04:51:05 PM »
Know what you mean, fix one thing and two more problems pop up.
On one of my machines while looking for a problem I found 2 wires hanging on by one strand and another just resting on its solder lug.
What really helps to see small problems are those head gear magnifiers, can't work without them some times.

Also just had to clean the the reel contact wipers and contact boards. Wasn't getting paid cherries on the last reel.
Eliminated the pay out step up counter as it work for cherries on the first and second reels.
Not familiar with your machine payouts, but see if you can set it up to pay out using different combinations including the one symbol that is not paying. Might help pin point the problem.   

Glad your making progress.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal