New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Report Bugs you run into..  (Read 249984 times)

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • TexasMark New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Report Bugs you run into..
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2014, 07:42:02 PM »
I'm no longer getting notices of thread replies.

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2014, 08:59:23 AM »
The game [big]3 Peeks Solitaire[/big] will not save score.
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline TheAirBalancer

• Reputation Power: 14
  • TheAirBalancer New User has no influence.
  • TheAirBalancer
« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2014, 05:23:15 PM »
I think this is a bug but might be user error. On the old site I used the smiley symbol of the AZ flag as a signature, as shown here:  :az_flag: 

My settings on the old site says "az_flag" but if I type that into the signature box in the profile section of the new site it doesn't work.  :Scratch-Head: .
:az_flag:

Offline Joeylc

• Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2014, 08:42:46 AM »
fixed :)
"Sell one game, two more shall take its place!"
"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net

Offline TheAirBalancer

• TheAirBalancer
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2014, 10:19:27 AM »
 :thank_you:

Offline Ron (r273)

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2014, 10:51:10 AM »
In the NLG File System that were transferred.

I notice in the S-2000 PSR section are all labeled by guest. The first seven were uploaded by me and the last three by Tilt.

In the Bally Alpha section there are uploads made by me and others labeled by guests.

Other sections are the same, a lot by guest and not the original up loader. :Scratch-Head:
I used the old NLG File System "Downloads" and the NLG File System to compare.

Ron (r273)
I'm retired....My job is having a good time with my slots.   Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Joeylc

• Topic Moderator
  • Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2014, 10:58:09 AM »
when we uploaded - moved the files there where no users on the site so the system assigned them to guests. well some of them.. ??? we are not sure...
"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Offline Buzz

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2014, 11:23:17 AM »
Ron  If I were you I'd watch my step, first they call you a guest and then Your gone, (nuked) and your testicles will turn bright Green. On the bright side of that, look at all the money your gonna save on batteries, need a flashlite just pull down your zipper.
PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Offline Ron (r273)

• Sr NLG Member
  • Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2014, 11:28:37 AM »
Ron  If I were you I'd watch my step, first they call you a guest and then Your gone, (nuked) and your testicles will turn bright Green. On the bright side of that, look at all the money your gonna save on batteries, need a flashlite just pull down your zipper.
Well I guess that's better than blue. :stirthepot:

Ron (r273)

I'm retired....My job is having a good time with my slots.   Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2014, 12:09:38 PM »
In the arcade section, the mini avatars are randomly showing up as the red x.
Also, while I can not duplicate it on command, the forum logs me out randomly even though I have "keep me logged in forever" checked. I am not clearing cookies or anything. This has been on ongoing thing.

Offline Buzz

• Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2014, 05:03:18 PM »
Well I guess that's better than blue. :stirthepot:

Ron (r273)

Ron  I think there is a different explanation for " Blue Balls"  maybe I had better not get into on this brand new super dupper forum !!!  The word "Banned" comes to mind along with "Adios ** "
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 08:16:44 PM by Buzz »

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2014, 08:43:14 PM »
Not sure if this is a bug or not, but it sure is annoying. Just for the heck of it, I selected "English" on the language drop down. Now every time you hover the mouse over something a big honkin translation box pops up.   :banghead:   Is there any way to "unselect" a language?

<edit> It appears logging out and back in will default it back to nothing.

Offline Ron (r273)

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2014, 01:52:31 PM »
These are not a major things but I thought you might want to check.

1. Under Staff List, Local Moderators, Moderators r273, uniman, LINDAM & Mach
    show a little miss alignment with the names. (Maybe you run out of room)

2. Old Profile Pic's Feature Album-17 items: "Old profile pic's fome the old site.."

I can't believe you missed spelled that word with the hundreds and hundreds of hours programing.  :lol: :24:

Offline Joeylc

• Topic Moderator
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #93 on: March 04, 2014, 02:12:56 PM »
These are not a major things but I thought you might want to check.

1. Under Staff List, Local Moderators, Moderators r273, uniman, LINDAM & Mach
    show a little miss alignment with the names. (Maybe you run out of room)

2. Old Profile Pic's Feature Album-17 items: "Old profile pic's fome the old site.."

I can't believe you missed spelled that word with the hundreds and hundreds of hours programing.  :lol: :24:

about 424 so far......... :yes: :yes:     I need a vacation.....  Thanks will fix it...   :banghead: :banghead:
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Offline Buzz

• NLG
« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2014, 03:46:39 PM »
. [big]424[/big] hours !!  And what is the rate you charge the forum for your services ??  $80/$90 per hour, s**t I'm coming to your house for Christmas !!

Joey I just bought a Hot Air desoldering station and boy does it work, even takes stuff off the board that you didn't want removed !!  I think I just screwed up a 3902 board.  Oh  :wtf1: I've got plenty of spares and it is a learning experience isn't it !!

Offline StatFreak

• rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
  • Global NLG Site Moderator
  • StatFreak New User has no influence.
  • Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!
« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2014, 08:24:47 PM »
Oh ok
I used you as an example because I figured yours would always be a Site Admin badge

It's always been that way. The Topic Moderator badge trumps all other badges, so for Admins and Global Mods, it's technically a demotion:Crazy: :fryingpan:
I found myself at NLG :garfield:  ..but got lost again on the way home. :scratch-head_2:
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. :mail_2:

Offline StatFreak

« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2014, 08:36:43 PM »
I think this is a bug but might be user error. On the old site I used the smiley symbol of the AZ flag as a signature, as shown here:  :az_flag: 

My settings on the old site says "az_flag" but if I type that into the signature box in the profile section of the new site it doesn't work.  :Scratch-Head: .

I realize that Joey did you a favor, but virtually ALL of the emoticons now have different labels, so none of the old code in posts, signatures, etc. will work.

Everyone will need to replace any emoticons that they want to work with the new code.

The new forum has a "feature" that tries to use "user-friendly" WYSIWYG in all of the text boxes. (e.g., reply boxes) That means that you'll see the picture of the emote in your typed text when you add it to your post instead of the code.

To get the new code for an emoticon, click on the last icon on the right in the second row of icons in the full reply/new post screen. It's under the "change color" combo box and has a blue arrow framed by two red brackets. That will toggle the text box back to the old view and you'll see the code(s).

Note that the codes are cAsE sensatIve! It sucks, but that's the way it is.

Also, PLEASE don't ask Joey to change any more codes to the old labels because it will only end up breaking all of the new references here. That means every place anyone has used it by clicking for it on the new forum -- including posts, PM's, signatures, etc.  The change to the AZ flag was early enough that no one has used it here, yet, so it won't make a difference.

Thanks.

StatFreak :garfield:
:nlg:  Global Moderator
I found myself at NLG :garfield:  ..but got lost again on the way home. :scratch-head_2:

Offline StatFreak

« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2014, 08:41:47 PM »
I noticed a new bug. I selected the Thumbs-Up icon for my last post in the Audit thread with the current list of drawing participants but it doesn't show up on the main portal page.

The thread shows the green thumb and the portal page shows a regular blue NLG icon.

Offline TheAirBalancer

• TheAirBalancer
« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2014, 09:51:49 PM »

I realize that Joey did you a favor, but virtually ALL of the emoticons now have different labels, so none of the old code in posts, signatures, etc. will work.

Everyone will need to replace any emoticons that they want to work with the new code.

The new forum has a "feature" that tries to use "user-friendly" WYSIWYG in all of the text boxes. (e.g., reply boxes) That means that you'll see the picture of the emote in your typed text when you add it to your post instead of the code.

To get the new code for an emoticon, click on the last icon on the right in the second row of icons in the full reply/new post screen. It's under the "change color" combo box and has a blue arrow framed by two red brackets. That will toggle the text box back to the old view and you'll see the code(s).

Note that the codes are cAsE sensatIve! It sucks, but that's the way it is.

Also, PLEASE don't ask Joey to change any more codes to the old labels because it will only end up breaking all of the new references here. That means every place anyone has used it by clicking for it on the new forum -- including posts, PM's, signatures, etc.  The change to the AZ flag was early enough that no one has used it here, yet, so it won't make a difference.

Thanks.

StatFreak :garfield:
 :nlg:  Global Moderator

Many thanks for the favor Joey and for your explanation StatFreak. I had no clue about all of this.

Offline StatFreak

« Reply #99 on: March 04, 2014, 11:35:35 PM »
Well, the last time the site died I took the pain of uploading each emoticon manually and duplicating the codes from the old site so that the transition would be seamless.

This time around, Joey was able to directly upload the whole batch of emotes at one time. The system gave them codes based on their file names. We also have a couple hundred more than we had back in 2008 so it made no sense to spend all that time changing the codes after saving all that time uploading them directly.

We probably won't be moving over too many posts with lots of emoticons anyway, so it's won't really be that much of an inconvenience. I had to change the code in my signature as well when I created this account.

SF :garfield:

P.S. To be honest, it sucks for me because I had memorized several dozen codes of the emotes I used most often. Now I have to use the interface like everyone else.  :banghead:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal