New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Cleo has left the house  (Read 5027 times)

Offline Jake777

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jake777 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Cleo has left the house
« on: July 30, 2015, 07:56:41 PM »
Hi Everyone:
I  finally got into an I game platform, but don’t know much about them. From reading thru the posts I summarize I have a Cleopatra, double button deck,3902 board with upgraded 17” lcd monitor and ticket printer.  The machine was running until a day ago, when I turn it on it went thru boot up sequence, what I can’t seem to remember is was the lcd screen black at that point or did it turn black after one spin of the machine. The machine plays with the sound and I’m sure the touch screen is working just no monitor. After searching the forum, some mention checking the fuse, I can’t seem to find any. are they talking about a CTR  monitor? Another recommendation is to check voltage to the monitor. Where do I do that, I think my monitor is a 19 pin connection, would I check at that point or at the power source, and which one of the boxes is the power source. One box has a ribbon cable coming out and a red led light, it is not on should it be. Others have talked about blown caps. Hope someone can point me in the right direction.
All help is appreciated in advance. 

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Cleo has left the house
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 08:01:55 PM »
What brand of LCD monitor do you have?  Post pictures.  Some monitors have internal power supplies, some have power bricks.  Do you get any kind of screen when the game boots up?  If it is totally dark, then you either have a bad power supply in the monitor or you need to get a new inverter for the backlighting.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Jake777

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 08:47:18 AM »
Thanks for the reply, and sorry for the slow response got to work this project in between "Honey Do's".

Didn't find any brand on the monitor but did enclose a pic of a serial number that might tell us. When I turn the machine on now everything boots up, but the monitor stays black the whole time, it does not go thru the changing colors as it did before when starting. Maybe some more clues I forgot to mention in the first post is when the machine was first started and running the screen images were very clear, but after being on for some time I notice some grainy horizontal lines almost line a line static and my wife said their was a high pitch sound. I couldn't hear that, but being around machines 40 years I doubt I would hear it. I think my next step is to un-mount the monitor and take a peek at what is behind the vented cover. I'll post pictures when I get that far.
Again Thanks

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 10:46:30 AM »
Sounds like a cap job to me. M :burningresistor: :burningresistor:
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 11:34:01 AM »
It looks like a Kortek monitor to me.  Is the green LED lit when it is on?  If so, most likely the inverter board is bad as Rick stated.  If you remove the back cover (I leave mine off for better heat dissipation) the inverter will be the board on the left with High Voltage warning stickers on it.  It has four connectors two on the top and two of the bottom. 

If the LED is not lit, then the power supply is likely bad.  Recapping it as Proten suggested may take care of that, if not, it would need to be replaced.

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 11:50:11 AM »
The high pitch sound is the electronics
trying to work at a low voltage due
to the high resistance load from the
capacitors.

Look for bulging and or swollen capacitors.
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline Jake777

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 08:15:00 PM »
Hi
Got some time last night to get into the monitor and with all the KT stickers I would think it is a Kortex. I located a button strip that has buttons for UP,Down,Set and Auto something. It also has a led and when I power the machine it is lit green. I checked the caps and all look fine to me, I have no knowledge of what a bad one looks like. From that, sounds like the power supply is working and the inverter has gone? I attached another pic to show what I have and circled the inverter if that is it. Would this  be a good start for replacement? If so I'am in need of one and if anyone has one for sale please PM me.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 08:30:58 AM »
Since your LED is lit your power supply is probably good.  Caps will sometimes bulge or leak when they are bad, other times they look normal, but have failed internally.  Generally it's a good idea to replace all of them if you suspect they are bad.  That 's the inverter that you circled,  I would try replacing it first.  It probably has a part number of P1742E40 or GH059A on it.  You can google the part number and find a replacement.

Offline Jake777

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 08:52:42 AM »
Thanks for the leads, I am looking for an inverter as I post. I will post back the results when I get one in.
Thanks everyone, great forum...Brian

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2015, 07:28:13 AM »
Were you able to get your monitor working again?

Offline Jake777

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2015, 07:52:03 PM »
Hi Tilt
    Still working on it seems that the inverter is somewhat of a challenge to get. Most of the places that list one say they are out of stock, seems that they are end of life items. Where I did find one they never answered me back, and another place wanted $91.00. Still looking. I'll write back when I get one, if I can find one. Wouldn't think a part like that would be so elusive.
Thanks Brian

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2015, 08:22:27 PM »
Spin Inc shows them in stock.  It would be nice if there was a LED replacement for the CCFL, then you wouldn't need the inverter either.

http://www.spininc.com/11743-0

Offline Jake777

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2015, 03:40:33 PM »
Thanks Tilt

I also found them the other day and sent a message and never got a reply back. I was asking if they would sell the inverter and ship to Colorado? I'll try to get a hold of them again tonight.
Thanks Brian

Offline Jake777

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2015, 10:31:32 PM »
HI All
   I finally got back to this project, which got pushed way behind honey do's. I got the inverter and put it in today and shazzam my machine works again. Special thanks to Rickhunter, Tilt and Proten and any others I've missed for the advice you guys were spot on, you really know your stuff. I would mark this post Topic Solved but I don't know how to.
Again Thanks, I am very happy.......

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2015, 11:04:57 PM »
Awesome, you got it going!!!  Doesn't it feel great when you bring it back to life?  Anyway to mark topic solved, go to the original message, click on Modify and change the message icon on the top from standard to Topic Solved like I did to this message.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Jake777

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2015, 07:52:09 PM »
WOW in all my excitement I wanted to pass this along. Seems GH059a boards are getting in short supply (unless you want to order 50 at a time), so a GH184a will do bringing the screen to life. Hope this helps if anyone runs into the same problem.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal