New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: half of my button panel seven areon and other seven are off  (Read 14359 times)

Offline steven1969

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • steven1969 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
half of my button panel seven areon and other seven are off
« on: February 04, 2016, 08:17:10 PM »
 hi can any one can tell me why are the panels are half on and half off  :Scratch-Head:

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: half of my button panel seven areon and other seven are off
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 08:56:20 PM »
From the picture it doesn't look like the machine is booted up.  Does it boot correctly?  Do the switches work?

Offline snowcatter

• Reputation Power: 1
  • snowcatter New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 09:42:27 PM »
Lamps burned out?

Offline steven1969

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 03:52:53 AM »
From the picture it doesn't look like the machine is booted up.  Does it boot correctly?  Do the switches work?

no its not booting right  I have a 3902 mpu ordered  I hope  this fixes the problem
that's the trouble am having with it  plus there's a mother board that's connected in the back where all of harness wires all at
plus mpu board so am thinking it could be that

Offline steven1969

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 04:07:28 AM »

no its not booting right  I have a 3902 mpu ordered  I hope  this fixes the problem
that's the trouble am having with it  plus there's a mother board that's connected in the back where all of harness wires all at
plus mpu board so am thinking it could be that

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 06:59:49 AM »
The problem with the switch lights will most likely be resolved when you get the machine to boot up properly.  Normally they are all off until the machine is booted and ready to play.  Odds are your motherboard in the back of the machine is good, they don't fail very often.  The MPU, game software, or power supply are more likely causes. 

What game do you have installed?  Your belly glass says Cleopatra II, but that is a 044 game and you have a 3902 motherboard installed, so it can't be that.  Did you buy the game this way or did it work and then fail?

Offline steven1969

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 07:17:52 AM »
The problem with the switch lights will most likely be resolved when you get the machine to boot up properly.  Normally they are all off until the machine is booted and ready to play.  Odds are your motherboard in the back of the machine is good, they don't fail very often.  The MPU, game software, or power supply are more likely causes. 

What game do you have installed?  Your belly glass says Cleopatra II, but that is a 044 game and you have a 3902 motherboard installed, so it can't be that.  Did you buy the game this way or did it work and then fail?

well I have a new  mpu board on order  maybe it  be the fix  this actually the brain of the system 
I do have Cleopatra game on here  but it was working grate  until now but when I bought it  it had  the musters game

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 08:29:09 PM »
Ok.  Let us know if the new MPU board gets your machine running again.

Offline steven1969

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 11:05:22 AM »

hell I just got my mpu to day  but here is a picture of it

Offline steven1969

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 12:20:01 PM »

this what I get so far   am getting 24.2 volt  power  supply
can it be the power supply  am just guessing

Offline steven1969

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 04:19:12 PM »

this what I get so far   am getting 24.2 volt  power  supply
can it be the power supply  am just guessing

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2016, 07:35:19 PM »
24.2 volts is a bit low on the 25VDC supply, but that's what is causing your new problem. 

Coin-in Jam & Meters disconnected error messages together typically indicate the the MPU board is bad.  U74 is usually the failed component that causes those errors.  It's located next to the audio board connector.  Sometimes, but not always, you'll see signs of physical damage like a bubble or burnt spot on it.  A common cause of U74's failure is removing or replacing the MPU board in the machine with the power on.  If you didn't do that then you should contact the vendor you got it from and let them know that it appears the board you got is bad.

Offline steven1969

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2016, 07:52:47 PM »
24.2 volts is a bit low on the 25VDC supply, but that's what is causing your new problem. 

Coin-in Jam & Meters disconnected error messages together typically indicate the the MPU board is bad.  U74 is usually the failed component that causes those errors.  It's located next to the audio board connector.  Sometimes, but not always, you'll see signs of physical damage like a bubble or burnt spot on it.  A common cause of U74's failure is removing or replacing the MPU board in the machine with the power on.  If you didn't do that then you should contact the vendor you got it from and let them know that it appears the board you got is bad.

could the power supply  Couse this to
is  this what your talking about  so what do have  get to get this running

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2016, 09:10:49 PM »
No.  That's the audio board that is in the topbox.  Your problem is still with the MPU board, the one you just replaced is bad.

Offline Crash0

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Crash0 New User barely matters.Crash0 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2016, 09:25:48 PM »
I had that problem once, make sure your I/O connections are firmly seated fixed mine after moving it.
AD/HD Highwa....Oh hey look squirrel!!

Offline steven1969

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2016, 12:51:39 PM »

I halved found the problem  it was  blown cap  on the power supply now  I don't know how am going to fix maybe RadioShack could carry this

Offline steven1969

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2016, 02:02:27 PM »

I halved found the problem  it was  blown cap  on the power supply now  I don't know how am going to fix maybe RadioShack could carry this

I took a picture of the power distribution box  here are some  volt reading I took

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2016, 03:16:33 PM »
That's the AC power distribution box.  Brown wires are Hot, Blue are neutral.  Wiring diagram attached.  What are you looking for in there?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 04:18:14 PM by Tilt »

Offline steven1969

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2016, 03:55:27 PM »
That's the AC power distribution box.  Brown wires are Hot, Blue are neutral.  Wiring diagram attached.  What are you looking for in there?

thanks for the diagrams   does one of these wire s run the monitor

because I traced the wires from distribution box  one of them go to the power supply box  still with  blown cap
I have new box coming in from    game king slots  I hope this would solves my problems

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2016, 04:21:48 PM »
Re-download that diagram. I uploaded the wrong one, it was for an older 19"GK.  I uploaded one for a 17" GK/I-game.  Monitor power comes from P300 on the power distribution box.  Your monitor was working in the photo though, did it die?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal