New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: LED on mpu  (Read 2187 times)

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 110
  • Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
LED on mpu
« on: March 25, 2018, 10:00:29 PM »
should the LED on the mpu be lit?? I have a game here I get nothing on the screen ... after going through trough the monitor with a fine tooth comb I am 99% sure monitor is fine... looking further the mpu led does not come on.... after a few secs both candle lights blink but thats it..... wondering if the board is missing 1 of its needed voltages

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: LED on mpu
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 09:35:47 PM »
What kind of machine are you working on?  You posted this in the IGT PE+ section, but PE+ MPU boards don't have LEDs on them.  Is this for a Game King machine?  Let us know and I'll get your thread moved to the correct section.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 03:19:30 PM »
What kind of machine are you working on?  You posted this in the IGT PE+ section, but PE+ MPU boards don't have LEDs on them.  Is this for a Game King machine?  Let us know and I'll get your thread moved to the correct section.

it is a PE+....has 1 red led on the mpu just like s+ boards

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 03:36:32 PM »
heres where i am with this ....previous owner thought it had a bad monitor so was swapping monitors with monitors from bally game makers.... i hadent looked at the pin outs yet but he could have injected line voltage into the board and smoked the video IC...... i dont know if i have a bad board, monitor or both.....top candle lights flash when turned on after a few secs.... holding the reset button does not give me the ding.....Ics do have 5v on them on the mpu.... ive go over, tested and replaced so much stuff on the monitor that I am 99% sure its fine unless the CRT is bad but that also tests good with the rejuvenator...so thats leading me to a board not putting vid signal out.... but again the 1492s can be a real pain when you have no pic... could also be a bad fly... if i knew one of the 2 was working it would make life alot easier here

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 04:28:17 PM »
A ceronix from a Bally will not work in a IGT PE+.. The jumper setting on the 1492 ceronix chassis are different then one used in the IGT.. More then likely you have a bad ceronix..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 04:49:45 PM »
A ceronix from a Bally will not work in a IGT PE+.. The jumper setting on the 1492 ceronix chassis are different then one used in the IGT.. More then likely you have a bad ceronix..

im thinking that too but theres not much left i didnt cover on it....if someone could chime in that knows that chassis real well maybe they can point me in the right dir of the last few things to check if any exist

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 06:25:47 PM »
The LED is only lit when the board is used as a keno game.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 07:25:47 PM »
ahhh ok .... i got the mon up and running......2 probs left and im good..... I have no sound and see no speaker in there anywhere where should it be located?? prob missing...... and I most likely have a bard or wrong color rom ...... colors are inverted.... other than that its working

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2018, 11:04:37 PM »
it is a PE+....has 1 red led on the mpu just like s+ boards

You are correct, I thought you were speaking of an LED on the outside of the tray that you could see while the board was installed (like on some newer platforms).

I have no sound and see no speaker in there anywhere where should it be located??

The speaker location depends on the type of cabinet.  Is your machine an upright, slant top, or bartop drop-in machine?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2018, 11:15:41 PM »
upright......

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2018, 12:07:41 AM »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal