New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Newbie help identifying Joker Wild Poker IA76C  (Read 4003 times)

Offline LuckyDog

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • LuckyDog New User has no influence.
  • Chasin' electrons is so much fun should be a sport
Newbie help identifying Joker Wild Poker IA76C
« on: June 12, 2018, 03:39:37 AM »
Hi All, contributing newbie here. I'm glad to have found this group. Just acquired my first machine: Joker Wild Poker.  No experience with THESE machines, have been working with all kinds of electronics for the last 40 years.

Need help identifying what I'm looking for.  I've found the awesome download area here, but don't know which schematics and manuals apply...PE?  Plus?  S  or... ??? ?

present issue is "Call Attendant".  While attempting to follow the Reset & Key reset  sequence, the results scrambled the top half of display during powerup; muted the speaker; sent the sytem into a blank screen with a repeating sequence of blinking hold buttons while blinking the bottom 1/2 of the attendant light.

Battery Voltage is 3.6V

any advice appreciated.  Thanks LuckyDog

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Newbie help identifying Joker Wild Poker IA76C
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 09:29:26 AM »
Welcome to NLG    :wave: :waving_flag:

and thank you for your contribution to help keep the site going!

Your main circuit board (called the "mpu" board) looks like a PE+ board to me. Others will say for sure. It is commonly called a PE+ "superboard", it has software in eproms that will let you run 5 different games. There is also a standard PE board that only allowed one game to run in the machine.

Inside the machine, usually near the mpu board, is a white TEST button. Pressing that will bring up your machine's Test and Setup screens. It will also display the game software that the machine has installed. I think you may need to use the reset key to access some of the information screens. The manual should have the instructions for that.

The software on the PE+ "superboards" usually has 5 different poker games, when you turn the machine on a menu screen will appear and you can select which game you want to play. The game software is contained in those socketed chips that have labels, plus the U43 chip without a label, it is also in a socket and marked "CAP PROM" on the board. The large chip that is near the battery, marked "MOSEL" on top, is the "cmos ram" chip. When the machine doesn't have power turned on the 3.6 volt battery keeps the data inside the cmos chip intact.

When the machine is powered ON it will first do some selftests, like checking the ram memory. If it detects a serious error it will not start the game, will display an error message.

For the error you are getting you can try this:

[EDIT - thanks Jim!]

turn on power to the machine, press and hold the white TEST button, turn on power to the machine, hold TEST button down until you hear a "ding", or for 10 to 15 seconds if speaker isn't working. That will sometimes reset things and clear out the error.  But your video display breaking up may be caused by something else. Check that there are no bent pins on the mpu board connectors and the backplane board that it plugs into. Also, the monitor has a set of adjustment pots, maybe the horiz or vert hold pot is flaky?

« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 10:17:15 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 10:07:20 AM »
turn the machine off, press and hold the white test button, now continue holding the button while you apply power, keep holding until you hear a "ding" from the speaker.  this should restore the picture.

any other information displayed other than "call attendant"?  that is a PE+ machine,  picture of the inside will confirm that, you should have the board mounted in a metal housing above the monitor.  does the bill unit cycle when power applied?

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 09:20:28 PM »
Pictures of what you're seeing on the screen, or a brief video uploaded to YouTube with a link posted here will help with diagnosis.

The typical procedure to clear a PE+ machine showing "Call Attendant" is to open the door, press and hold the white Self Test button until you hear a ding (about five seconds), then close and latch the door and turn the jackpot reset keyswitch on the side of the machine once.  You may have to open the door and press and release the Self Test button again after that, depending on the errors displayed.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 10:33:08 PM »
To be exact it is a PE Plus super board.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline LuckyDog

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 11:05:17 PM »
Great response guys.  THANK YOU!  yes, it does have MPU above display in tray
rookie mistake...I hadn't found the power switch behind the hopper yet, and was turning the unit on/off by plugging in the power cord.  The white reset button worked right away when using the internal on/off switch!

Was able to play several hands successfully before display went black.  Coins in & out worked.  Bill changer took $1 OK.
The bill changer sounds like it goes thru a power-on sequence at turn-on, when opening/closing door; and every now & then; might coincide when display changes.  I've tried to keep on-time to a minimum so as to not cause any damage from error conditions.

Youtube video of display issue: 

Display went completely black after several minutes.  bill changer cycles at about 1 minute into video.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 09:24:04 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 11:59:39 PM »
After your monitor cools down does it work again for a while?

The monitor issue is definitely that -- a CRT monitor issue, not PE+ specific.  I'm not a monitor expert, I'll defer to some of the other folks who know them better.  If after a while you don't get enough help with that aspect of your machine, I'd suggest trying a new post in the monitor repair tech support topic (here: http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?board=30.0 ) along with that helpful video.  Give it a few days here though, first.

For what it's worth, the color pallete on the multi-game menu is wrong, which is an indication that you have the wrong CAPX chip on your board.  No harm from that, just wrong colors on the display.  Your multi-poker chipset requires a CAPX2174 for proper color display. 

I have no personal dealings with this member (so this is not an endorsement), but when I was looking up which CAPX chip you need, I found this recent post from a NLG member who mentioned he has a bunch of them available.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline LuckyDog

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 02:38:13 AM »
Yes it comes back on after is sits awhile, tho it's on time is getting shorter each time.  Only about a minute the most recent try.  I did rotate the pots on top of display & wiggle, but didn't see anything unusual.  If this is supposed to be a touchscreen?  it doesn't seem to be
I did notice the hold buttons don't seem to light properly.  They seem to activate hold/release of cards, but the indicator lamps do not change, four of them always on.
Is there an easy access somewhere to measure power supply voltages with a meter & scope?
Is the bill changer power cycling a sign of anything?Thanks
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 02:59:25 AM by LuckyDog »

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 06:57:52 AM »
Bill validator cycling is normal.Our shop repairs those older Ceronix monitors, or you could order a flat screen from Ceronix.Button lights staying on always could be some bad lamp drivers on the computer board.

Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 08:52:49 AM »
Looks like the Ceronix chassis for the monitor needs to be serviced..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline LuckyDog

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2018, 01:55:01 PM »
Thanks. Does the entire display assembly slide out if I unplug the cable under the front of the display or are there others towards the back?

Offline LuckyDog

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2018, 02:02:01 PM »
Display unit doesn't appear to be mounted solidly to chassis, I can move it around somewhat.   The entire unit was transported (gently) laying on it's back to bring it home.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2018, 02:55:13 PM »
Do you know if the machine had this display problem before you moved it?

If not, you can check all the cable connectors and connections, something might have gotten loose by vibration & shaking when the machine got moved. Check the power cable to the monitor, the wiring that connects from the machine to the monitor's circuit board, cables from the monitor circuit board to the crt, anything that looks like it might be a flaky connection. It's a good practice to unplug or disconnect a connector, then reconnect it solidly when you have something like this. If you don't find anything amiss then you'll have to decide to replace or repair the monitor.

But be careful, a monitor can have large voltages stored in it even when it is turned off or unplugged. The crt tube itself acts like a large storage capacitor when power is removed. So be very careful about touching the anode connection to the side of the crt (heavy wire that runs under the round suction-cup looking cover). Also the large black flyback transformer (mounted on the monitor circuit board) has high voltage. You'll want to be careful even when removing the monitor from the machine, try to handle it by the chassis frame.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2018, 10:26:33 PM »
Thanks. Does the entire display assembly slide out if I unplug the cable under the front of the display or are there others towards the back?

I haven't worked on an upright in a while, but I'm fairly certain that there's just the one plug you can access from the front, then the entire monitor assembly slides out towards you using the handles in the metal on the sides of the monitor.  As rokgpsman stated, there is still dangerous high voltage present even with the monitor unplugged, so don't go poking your fingers into the chassis, and do not touch or disconnect the thick red wire that goes into the back side of the monitor without following safe discharging procedures.

Offline LuckyDog

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2018, 02:00:34 PM »
Don't know if it worked or not when I acquired it.  Was told everything worked perfectly "Except low batt voltage error". 
No sign of a low battery yet (reads 3.6V ) but several other issues.
Was able to remove the display following the great instructions.

Thanks for all the great help guys!!  Likely won't get a chance to go any farther til next week sometime.

Have a Great Father's Day Weekend dads!

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2018, 02:22:39 PM »
If the seller was truthful to you and the monitor worked fine before you bought it then the display problem could be related to when it got moved. That can really jostle things around, and if you laid it down on its back or side and moved it then wiring might have been pulled in a direction it doesn't normally get pulled in. So if it worked fine before you moved it that's more reason to double-check all cabling, wiring harnesses, ribbon cables, connectors, power cable to the monitor, etc. On a crt monitor there is often a small circuit board or a cable with a socket that connects to the pins on the small end of the crt. I'd make sure that socket is connected securely to the crt pins. In general, look over all the connections, unplug and then reconnect any connectors that you can get to easily. One of them could be intermittent with a flaky connection.

Offline LuckyDog

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2018, 06:28:58 PM »
Thanks again for all the great help!  Units been well identified so I'll mark this as solved.  If we don't get er goin', I'll start a new post.  Thanks again to everyone!
UPDATE: Replacing the Ceronix 1492 took care of the video problem.  THANKS to AMECHANIC for having a rebuilt one avail !

Note to other newbies:  I saw the model #1492 label on the rear of the video enclosure and assumed the entire enclosure was included(Brackets, boards, tube....)  Didn't realize the tag was located on a metal bracket mounted on the Ceronix ckt board.  Purchasing a Ceronix #1492 includes the board assembly only!!  I drove 150 miles to get the unit because I didn't want the "TUBE" to be damaged in shipment. lol  It was a beautiful day for a drive tho.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 09:45:54 PM by LuckyDog »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal