New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: PE+ Has a door open message, Help needed  (Read 2962 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
PE+ Has a door open message, Help needed
« on: August 25, 2014, 10:38:52 PM »
I've been working with this machine for a while off and on. I had it operating great till tonight. I'm getting a door open screen message. Can the optics be checked thru a test menu? Does the PE+ use the same optics as the later IGT machines, say like an S2k?  I'd by pass them like my S2K but I don't see a door switch I could use instead of the doors optics..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline sparknmax

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • sparknmax New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: PE+ Has a door open message, Help needed
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 11:58:00 PM »
check your BV door switch that maybe causing your door open
Yes you can check to see if the optics are working in test,
                    first, press the self test button once this will show the input page and if you shut the main door while on the first page
                      the door switch indicator will flash constantly between 0 and 1
To by pass the optics you will need to make a jumper out of old optics, you will need to make them long enough to have the door fully open.
You will need an old set for the door optics and the cabinet. Then you will need 2 pieces of wire the same size as the optic wire.  Measure
replacement wire from one optic to the other ,give Little slack.  connect the ends red to red.  If you can use the shrink tube for the whole legnth.
I still have mine i made over 15 years age and they still work, not to good on a game king though.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 11:56:27 AM »
I'll have to go look at the menu again, I don't remember see that test, but doesn't mean I just didn't miss it.. Now are the optics on a PE+ only used on a PE+, or do other models work on it too like models S, S+, S2000, etc...
Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 01:13:41 PM »
S+ and PE+ door optics are, I believe, interchangeable.

As sparkinmax said, open the door and press the white Self Test button once.  That will bring you to the Self Test Inputs screen, where you can test inputs like the deal/draw button, hold buttons, and also the door optics.  Here's what that screen looks like:

When you close the door on that screen, the Door Open status should rapidly flicker between 1 and 0.  If it doesn't, you have a problem with your optics or wiring, or there is another door being detected as open.  If it has a bill validator, that door must be fully closed and latched as well.  If it has a belly door, that door must be closed and latched.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 05:51:42 PM »
Will I checked my machine and the screen stay on 1 for the optics.. My machine doesn't have a bill validator, so I'll go check the optics wiring.

Gary

And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 06:14:31 PM »
PROBLEM SOLVED..  Well after tracing the wires to the white molex plug, I found my purple & black doors optic wire broken sitting looking connected. Once re-pinned and connected my PE+ is up and working.

Thanks, Gary
And remember...

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 07:51:00 PM »
Fantastic!  Glad it was a pretty easy fix.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal