New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Displays blank when I boot up Ms Little Green Men  (Read 2198 times)

Offline br549autosales

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
Displays blank when I boot up Ms Little Green Men
« on: February 09, 2020, 02:39:04 PM »
Just got this machine in & it had a dead battery, I replaced it and now when I first turn my game on, the reels lock in like normal & the top monitor goes tgry all of the boot up sequence but it stops when it gets to the "initializing" part, the whole time nothing is showing up on the displays above the button deck. I've swapped over all of the I/O boards, same result. Could it be an issue with the power supply behind the reels?

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 408
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Displays blank when I boot up Ms Little Green Men
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 02:52:18 PM »
What is "tgry"?  :scratch-head_2:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline br549autosales

• br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 02:57:13 PM »
Thru, trgy was a typo

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 408
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 03:02:46 PM »
MPU chips aren't "talking" to topbox computer.
Post software installed and check data serial harness.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2020, 03:17:28 PM »
No issues with top box or it's power supply that is working.
Problem with MPU or display.
Does the bill handler cycle?
500 series or enhanced?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2020, 03:18:48 PM »
Where is the data serial harness? I don't believe my SB chip is marked unfortunately but I will check

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2020, 03:19:54 PM »
Bill validator does not cycle

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2020, 03:21:55 PM »
Any lights on the mpu?
Power supply behind reels or MPU
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2020, 04:03:29 PM »
Yes, all the LEDs on the MPU are on.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2020, 04:07:07 PM »
500 series or enhanced.
Pull the mpu tray and see if bill handler cycles without it.
Check chip placement, pins, and direction on MPU.

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2020, 05:43:48 PM »
Enhanced

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2020, 05:57:06 PM »
The only thing on my SB chip is a small decal with 22 written on it, the SG chips are SG000290, the DSP is DSPL0002,  the version chip is VS009GX0 all chips are inserted all the way & the correct direction

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2020, 06:00:25 PM »
Where is the data serial harness so I can rule that out?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2020, 06:48:54 PM »
I doubt it's the data harness (grey wires going to lower power distribution box.
Was the machine working when you got it? Did you take the legacy board off when you changed the battery? Are any of the pins bent on the legacy board? Does the BV cycle if the CPU is not inserted?
If it's a 180 credit max bet your SB is probably SB000502 from my data your SG should be a SG000299 to work with LGM. According to the PSR 290 only supports Bucks, Larry, and Tabasco but that doesn't mean they won't work.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 07:06:13 PM by qbert »

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2020, 10:58:43 AM »
I think you nailed it Qbert, I tried Denver Duck Software in the game & the disolays came on, Bill acceptor cycled & it tried to boot all the way up & even spun the 5 teels but because the DD chips don't match up to the hard drive in the top box, it just gave me the red screen error.  The glass on this machine shows it's a 90 credit but I'm sure software for 180 credit would work as well. Any idea where I may find the proper SB & SG chips for this Ms Little Green Men machine?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2020, 05:22:25 PM »
Long shot try your SG000536 and VS011GX1 with the SB marked 22.

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2020, 05:29:26 PM »
Will do when I get back home, thanks

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal