New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: need help with E2000 reel error- getter closer  (Read 12192 times)

Offline puckhead

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
need help with E2000 reel error- getter closer
« on: March 29, 2016, 08:12:31 PM »
making progress with an E2000, but a ways to go.  it now gives a correct operation when you drop a coin and pull the handle.  if you get a winner combo on that pull, it pays out. second coin, second pull is another story. on the second pull, reels 1 and 2 stop correctly, reel 3 stop solenoid never trips and it tilts.  if i hit the reset and test button, the 3rd reel solenoid then trips and the reel is locked.  you will then get another good pull, second pull no lock on the 3rd reel, and a tilt. reset and then the 3rd reel solenoid trips.  this pattern is pretty consistent.  once in a while, you get 2 good pulls, then the 3rd is a tilt.

when it tilts, the meter toggles between 1_000 and 3_000.  when reset, the meter says 1_000 . i have no idea what that means.

any ideas?  i'm thinking bad triac?

thanks

Offline puckhead

• puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Re: need help with E2000 reel error- getter closer
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 08:26:25 PM »
im reading the bally manual, do you need the jackpot key to get to error codes? i would have thought on a tilt they would come right up, maybe because i have no key,  i cant get the correct codes?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 09:49:57 PM »
I was thinking there is a TEST /Diagnostic switch down on the hopper board?

Which Bally manual do you have? I have one that covers the error codes and builtin TEST feature, might be useful if it is a different one that what you already have. It is too large to attach here but I can email it to you, just send me your email address using the PM link over to the left side of this message, that way no internet bot can get your email address.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 03:43:34 AM »
I had a similar problem with my E2000, some or none of the reels would stop. After weeks of searching for broken/faulty connections and tracing wires it turned out to be the power supply. Although voltage output seemed normal something about it wasn't right. I replaced it with the new design power supply and all operation returned to normal. Given that the power supplies in the E-series were notorious for problems I wish I would have just spent the $60 on a new one in the first place, it would have saved me weeks of pulling my hair out trying to isolate the problem.
There are some shady people in this world, stay in the light...

Offline puckhead

• NLG
Re: need help with E2000 reel error- about ready to give up
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 07:59:07 AM »
problem is the 3rd reel doesnt lock.  if i put it into test 8 ( normal operation but no payout) it works perfectly every single time, dozens of pulls.  in non test mode, no good.  the one thing i noticed, if you press the test button once, you should get a code 50, door open.  that doesnt happen.  it will go into test one mode, then go into normal operation with no code 50 displayed.   is that correct?  however, i know the cherry switch in the hinge is good because closing the door , or depressing the hinge switch exits test mode.  also, with the door open, it will accept a coin and operate . should it not do that?

also, there is a microswitch by the lock slide, i have no idea what it does. if has continuity when its not depressed, and depressed its open. i attached a pic of it.

this might be my last post, i dont have other known good boards to be swapping around, and as confusing as it is, there is a solution somewhere. just dont know if i;ll find it

thanks

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 08:13:18 AM »
forgot to attach the pic. here it is

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 01:38:50 PM »
That switch is the door lock switch that tells the machine when the door is locked.
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 02:00:26 PM »
thats a different function than the cherry switch inside the lower hinge?  maybe thats why i dont get a code 50 ? could that be related to my problem? also, does that switch look correct ? its hard to tell , does it hit something when the door closes ? is the slide supposed to hit it? anyone have a pic of theirs?

thanks

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 02:20:35 PM »
I've heard that some older machines do have 2 different door switches, one by the door hinge and another one by the door latching slide bar. Both probably report to the mpu board when the door is opened or unlocked, but I'm not overly familiar with your model of machine. The door unlocked switch is so the machine would know if a slot person shut the door but forgot to lock it. If either switch detects a fault (door open or door unlocked) it probably prevents the game from operating normally.

There should be an adjustment on the switch by the door hinge so that it activates as the door is opened. There are some older repair threads in this forum about the door hinge and door latch switches.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 02:37:57 PM »
the hinge switch works as it should. the micro switch doesnt show up in switch test when activated manually.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2016, 02:56:40 PM »
sounds as if you need to clean and lube the reel assembly,  those solenoids get dirty and gummy, especially if the machine has been sitting a while. test 2 will cycle through all the solenoids as well as the lamps.  clean and lube.

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2016, 02:58:07 PM »
On the micro switch (door unlocked switch) does it have 2 wires attached and they run back to a circuit board somewhere? One wire may be grounded to chassis somewhere, depends on how they did it. But I'd check the wires and see that they are not disconnected. From your photo it doesn't look like the micro switch had original wiring, it is soldered instead of using a crimped-on terminal that the factory would use, so maybe someone has worked on it before. You have an I/O board in your machine, right? That's probably where the door switches go, unless it is directly to the mpu board. Check the ribbon cables on your I/O board, they sometimes fail at their connectors.

It may be normal to get a code "50 000" on your display until you get it to play the first spin. I think if the machine is in TEST mode you will see a decimal point lit in the display. Otherwise the machine is in play mode. Does that sound right?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 05:14:06 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2016, 03:49:11 PM »
its not a lube problem. in test mode all 3 reels work perfectly for 50 pulls, its only a problem in coin mode.  the microswitch is soldered.  i'd like to know that could be a problem before i chase it down. doesnt seem right that a door switch error would let it coin up and just affect the 3rd reel. 

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2016, 04:13:15 PM »
Some of the lock switches were tied into the door hinge switch
and some were set to let the operator know remotely when the door was unlocked.
Trace your wires from the lock switch to se were they go.
The lock switch will not have any affect to the reel errors.
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline mr-monoxide

• mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2016, 04:45:52 PM »
The door lock switch will only be ativated when the key is turned to unlock the door via a special cam plate that attaches to the lock mechanism which you are missing. It doesn't matter that the cam plate isnt there, as long as that switch is not pressed the machine thinks the door is locked and the key is not turned just as it should be for normal gameplay. That switch is not your problem, your issue is elsewhere.

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2016, 04:53:46 PM »
thats makes sense to me. i do believe a cam is missing off the lock.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2016, 05:04:15 PM »
Here is a picture of mine. This is with the key in locked position.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2016, 05:06:58 PM »
This is what it looks like with the key in the unlocked position. The cam plate has pressed the switch.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2016, 05:09:16 PM »
Lastly, this is what my display reads after shutting the door.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2016, 05:14:07 PM »
I'll be glad to post more pictures of my machine if it'll help you out, just let me know what you want pictures of.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal