New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Help Rookie with "NO SIGNAL INPUT" in IGT Game King  (Read 12254 times)

Offline Jengineer717

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jengineer717 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Help Rookie with "NO SIGNAL INPUT" in IGT Game King
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2016, 05:33:39 PM »
WOW - where did u get the smoking resistor?  I may need that one in the future...!

I've already pulled the cash box and yes what I presume (I don't ASSuME any more) is the BV easily pulled out - but neither of those alone helps - yep, perhaps the BV 'holder' that may be in the way of pulling the 'cage' that is in my way.

As I look at this, I am contemplating punching a hole in the front of the CPU tray and just mount a new fan there - OR, cut a hole in the side of the unit cabinet on the right side to access the fan there (although I'd still have a 50% chance of stripping the screws on the OEM fan...)

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2016, 06:41:59 PM »
The smoking resistor is on the second set of emoticons.  Click on the [more] link under the spinning blue thank you guy.

Here's how I replaced mine.

Remove the MPU and IO board(s)

Disconnect all the connectors on the motherboard

Remove the two 7mm nuts holding the IO card holder to the left wall and let it drop down out of the way

Loosen the three 7mm nuts on the top of the MPU/motherboard tray

Pull the tray forward and it will drop down.  Then tilt it as necessary to clear cables etc and wrestle it out.

I'll attach some photos. I just removed mine to verify that's what I did.  You can see in the last photo where I cut/spliced the original connector on to the new fan wires.  Also the fan screws are not the original ones.  The originals were phillips head screws and I stripped them out, so I replaced them with what I could find in my junk drawer.

Reverse to reassemble.
Good luck, a cold beverage helps!   :chug:

Now I have to put mine back together :24:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 07:46:24 AM by Tilt »

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2016, 06:47:13 PM »
More

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2016, 06:51:15 PM »
Yes remove your bv housing/holder what ever you want to call it. Remove the screws on the left side of the housing 1st that will allow you to remove the housing that accepts the bv. Then you will see 2-3 screws and 2-3 nuts cant remember how many. After removing them you can remove the rest of the housing. When you go to remove the old fan find a short screwdriver that fits well and press really hard when turning to avoid stripping. If by chance you do strip the bolt with the housing removed you would be able to use a small pair of vice grips to get the bolt out. When putting the new fan in make sure is blowing out away from the mpu. Its really not that difficult to do with the housing removed.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2016, 07:01:08 PM »
The fan....
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 07:43:19 AM by Tilt »

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2016, 10:56:44 PM »
I wouldn't run the MPU for too long of time without the fan.  Between the tray and the shelf it's pretty much boxed in.  The fan provides some air circulation for cooling.  Without it that compartment may get too hot and cause something to overheat.

:I_agree_1:

Do you want to replace a $5 fan now, or a $100+ board later?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Jengineer717

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2016, 11:51:09 AM »
 :thank_you:
I have gotten the old one out  :Jump: :clap: and TIlt you were right, a  :frosty_beer: or two or three helped; although I probably should have waited until I was done to have the first one.

I have ordered a new fan from Mouser as Tilt had suggestted - The engineer in me came out thinking that I needed the OEM because it moves a little more air (like 1.4 CFM more), but the only place I could find a decent $ for a new one was in Europe; and if I want that long to get it, I will have forgotten how to put this all back together; Plus Tilt wouldn't steer me wrong.

ERB - you had mentioned that this fan needs to draw over the board and blow outward, but mine surely looks like it had been blowing inward over the top of the board based on where I found all of the the dirt...???

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2016, 01:56:11 PM »
Jengineer717 Glad you got it out without stripping the bolts. Checked a few more of mine and all are blowing out away from the MPU.

Offline Jengineer717

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2016, 02:15:33 PM »
Oh - now wait a minute...never said I didn't end up stripping the screws; actually one I did, one not - will replace them both.

Offline Jengineer717

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2016, 03:43:43 PM »
 :propeller: :clap: :Jump: Amen - Back in Business!  I was able to put everything back in its place; but did find about a half-dozen other fasteners that were rolling around in the bottom of the cabinet.

Gentlemen - THANK YOU for your guidance as I would not have made it without you!

I do have one question if any of you had any thoughts:

When I just restarted and various other times since I have had this machine - the sound will be somewhat "flattened  :fryingpan: ".  NAd then inherently a short time later, it will fault, lock-up and give a 'Call Attnedent' Error.   Opening & closing the door with a pretty good amount of energy or playing Caveman Keno which seems to rattle it a bit, either one seems to rock it back to normal sound.  I am guessing that there is something loose - any ideas where to start looking?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2016, 09:42:48 AM »
Congratulations!  Glad to hear you got it up and running  :applause: .

I don't think the audio issue is related to the "Call Attendant" message.  When the call attendant message appears on the screen and you open the door it should tell you what is causing the error. Let us know what it says and maybe we can help you fix it.

Based on your poker software you should have an EPROM based Multimedia lite card with two SWC00046 sound EPROMs installed.  You can check and make sure the EPROMs are properly seated in their sockets.  There's also an audio amplifier in the top box, take a look at it too and make sure all the connectors are secure on it.  If everything looks good I would swap the multimedia lite card and see if the corrects the audio problem.

Offline Jengineer717

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2016, 02:37:32 PM »
Tilt;

So far so good - No Call Attendant Messages.

Now are far as the sound goes - I have not noticed that sound is only coming from the {L} speaker; but I can't tell u if that is something new or not...does this trigger any thoughts?

Unrelated but vaguely similar - do you have much knowledge on Bally machines?  (I think/guess mine is a 6000...?  It has a "CA$H WHEEL" Topper...)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal