New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ doesnt power up properly  (Read 6256 times)

Offline Clawsino

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Clawsino New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S+ doesnt power up properly
« on: July 04, 2014, 08:37:06 PM »
I've got a machine here, it's actually a Black Widow theme lol. Anyways when I plug it in it spits out 7 quarters and all the lights go on, but it acts like there is no board in it. I found that if I hold the white settings button while I turn it on it will be able to play. At first I was thinking the battery could be low, but it will still retain my credits and I checked it with a volt meter at 3.5v. Not sure what the issue is with this one, any ideas?

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: S+ doesnt power up properly
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 09:11:18 PM »
Have you tried clearing it with a clear chip?

Also use the power switch to turn it on and off not the power plug.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Clawsino

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 09:30:14 PM »
Yes, I always use the power switch. I have not done the clear chip yet, I didn't want to mess with the settings. Will the clear chip resolve my issue??

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 09:32:42 PM »
It's a good starting point when a machine is not reacting as designed.

Offline Thegambler327

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Thegambler327 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 10:23:15 PM »
Before you start clearing your machine maybe start with a little back story, what does your display say? Is this a new problem?  Did something change all of a sudden? This could be a very easy fix. Clearing a machine should be 1 of your last resorts

Offline CommTech

• Joe
  • Sr NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • CommTech New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 11:06:36 PM »
I've got a machine here, it's actually a Black Widow theme lol. Anyways when I plug it in it spits out 7 quarters and all the lights go on, but it acts like there is no board in it. I found that if I hold the white settings button while I turn it on it will be able to play. At first I was thinking the battery could be low, but it will still retain my credits and I checked it with a volt meter at 3.5v. Not sure what the issue is with this one, any ideas?
I concur with Thegambler327; Clearing your machine should be one of the last things you do.
What do you mean by "...it acts like there is no board in it."?   If  it was a bad battery, you would get an error 12 on your LED display and you would not be able to play at all until it was replaced.
After the seven coins spits out, does your candle flash?  Anything on the LED displays?  Pictures may also help. 

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 04:03:53 AM »
If your displays are blank, try looking at your power supply cable. It is a short cable that goes from the power supply to the motherboard (the one on the bottom of the machine next to the hopper). You will see a flat molex connector with 6 wires with 2 on the end being green. Check that connector, I am thinking you will find it has a burn spot on it. Sometimes you can just clean it to have it make contact to work again. Usually needs to be replaced. The plug is turned around so the burn shows. I think R273 provided the picture that I shared.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 04:37:01 AM by therockinelvis »
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 10:01:55 AM »
Isn't the plug shown in the picture backwards from how it is normally plugged in?

The two green wires go on the right don't they?

Offline Ron (r273)

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 11:12:20 AM »
Isn't the plug shown in the picture backwards from how it is normally plugged in?

The two green wires go on the right don't they?

Yes it is, I took it several years ago and turned it around to show the burnt area.
I'm retired....My job is having a good time with my slots.   Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Clawsino

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2014, 11:17:11 AM »
I knew clearing it was not the first thing to do, thats why I never went that route. Anyways like i said before when I turn the machine on it immediatly spits out quarters. There is no code on the display, no lights on the candle either. The machine looks ready to go, reels lock up and all lights are on etc. but it never says to insert the coin. The only way I can get it to work is by holding the white test button while I switch the power on, then it will work fine. It even keeps the memory of the credits on it. Why doesnt it start right up?

Offline CommTech

• Joe
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2014, 01:16:41 PM »
I knew clearing it was not the first thing to do, thats why I never went that route. Anyways like i said before when I turn the machine on it immediatly spits out quarters. There is no code on the display, no lights on the candle either. The machine looks ready to go, reels lock up and all lights are on etc. but it never says to insert the coin. The only way I can get it to work is by holding the white test button while I switch the power on, then it will work fine. It even keeps the memory of the credits on it. Why doesnt it start right up?
You said that there is no code on the display, but you also say that it retains credits (numbers on the display).  :Scratch-Head:   
Taking this one step at a time ...  When it spits out the quarters, does the credits on the display count down?
When you power up the machine:  Do you hear the Bill validator cycle?
Does the bill validator face plate light up when done cycling?
When you say the reels lock up, I am assuming you see all three reels spin and stop one by one, Is that correct?
Does your Cash/Credit button light up?
Is there a number on the "Coins Played" LED?
If there are credits showing on the machine, can you cash out?

Offline slots4home

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 02:30:10 PM »
I would check first to see if any Bent prongs on the processing board.
If all is ok  I would try another processing board.
It sounds like the board might be malfunctioning  and that is why the the hopper is coming on every time  the machine is turned on.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2014, 02:35:44 PM »
I had this same problem on a machine and clearing it and setting up the options again got it to work.

Of course if you have a bill validator you will have to run the set chip also.

There is a point where your only option is to do a clear.

Offline Clawsino

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2014, 03:42:13 PM »
Nothing shows up on the displays at all until I get the game to work. A random number of coins get spit out when it turns on, it doesnt affect the credits as i have to turn the machine off and press the white button to get it to work. At that point the displays will work, the buttons will light and the machine will be fine. There is no bill validator and when I say the reels lock it means they lock. They never spin up until I get the machine to work properly.

You said that there is no code on the display, but you also say that it retains credits (numbers on the display).  :Scratch-Head:   
Taking this one step at a time ...  When it spits out the quarters, does the credits on the display count down?
When you power up the machine:  Do you hear the Bill validator cycle?
Does the bill validator face plate light up when done cycling?
When you say the reels lock up, I am assuming you see all three reels spin and stop one by one, Is that correct?
Does your Cash/Credit button light up?
Is there a number on the "Coins Played" LED?
If there are credits showing on the machine, can you cash out?

Offline CommTech

• Joe
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2014, 04:27:51 PM »
OK, looks like your processor board may be hosed.  I completely agree with both BadBaud and Slots4home on this one.  If you have a set chip, now would be the time to use it.
While you have the board out, check for bent pins (the pins were the Processor board connects with the motherboard).
If you do not have a set chip, I would recommend purchasing both a set chip and another processor board.  Both are good to have;  even if the set chip cures your current problem, having a spare
processor board will help you quickly troubleshoot possible future issues.

Good luck.  Keep us posted on what you find!  :wave:   

Offline Clawsino

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2014, 05:41:03 PM »
You mean the clear chip right? Not the set chip

Offline slots4home

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2014, 06:30:25 PM »
You do not need to do a clear on that splus game. That could cause you more problems.
The set chip is to activate the bill acceptor and set the denomination.
I would try a new processing board.

Offline CommTech

• Joe
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2014, 06:58:05 PM »
Apologies! You did say you have no Bill Validator.  :duh: :duh: :duh:  A set chip would do nothing for you.  :no:
As Slots4home already stated ... Get yourself another processor board.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2014, 08:45:39 PM »
Try clearing it before you spend money on another board.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2014, 10:17:32 PM »
What chip numbers are installed and what type board do you have? Your SP chip may be causing g your problem

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal