New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: wild cherry igt  (Read 1088 times)

Offline jpm2175

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • jpm2175 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
wild cherry igt
« on: January 27, 2020, 02:10:57 PM »
I have an older wild cherry machine. currently I am not getting any lights on the lamp or any LCD displays on the front of the machine. I replaced battery and was getting error 61 loop. now that is gone and nothing. I am new to this any help would be great thanks

Offline jpm2175

• NLG
Re: wild cherry igt
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 03:49:13 PM »
Update. I turn the machine off for a while. turned it back on bottom of candle flashed about 4 times with an audible click/buzz then nothing again. i am a. newbie and this is my first machine. Any advice would be great. Thanks

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 268
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 04:06:38 PM »
It sounds like a power issue to your mother board perhaps.
Read through this thread from our old site and check back!

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=5471.0
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline jpm2175

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 06:58:30 PM »
ok so I read the old link. I tested all the fuses and they seem good. also the six pin for the mother board seems good. pins were clean and straight. Any other ideas to try? thank you. this site is a wealth of knowledge

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 410
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 07:11:20 PM »
Do you have a multi-meter and know how to use it?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline jpm2175

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 07:28:56 PM »
I have a multi meter. not exactly sure what I'm doing with it

Offline jpm2175

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2020, 07:41:07 PM »
I should also add that I read that if I took out the memory chip for about a minute and put it back in this might clear the 61 loop error. I did this and put the eprom in backwards. not sure if related or not. thanks for any help. having a big party on the 1st trying to get it working before then.

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2020, 07:41:42 PM »
...and put the eprom in backwards. ...
Not a good idea to do, let me tell you.
But...it's good that you're honest...lol

How did you test the fuses?
I want you to test the fuses with your multimeter
You need to post a good clear picture of your multi-meter so I can see the letters on it clearly.
And I will tell you exactly how to use it.

Let's do this one step at a time

Offline jpm2175

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2020, 07:46:26 PM »
tested them with continuity tester.

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2020, 07:50:33 PM »
Good...put your multimeter on 200 volts VAC and remove the 6-pin Molex housing from the pins on the motherboard plug.
Put the red lead on the 1st pin on the left on the plug and the black lead on any metal part on the power supply box.
You really want the first 4 voltages.
They can be off maybe a no more than 1 volt VAC.
We want 12, 12, 7.5, 7.5.
The last two wires on the left are ground wires...you won't get a reading from them other than zero.

Turn on the power switch and tell me what you get on each pin from the right-most pin to left.
You might want to take notes of the color of the wire that you're getting voltages from.

I will make you a drawing of what we're supposed to get.

Click on photo below to enlarge if needed...>>>
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 08:14:32 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline jpm2175

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2020, 08:14:39 PM »
so either I'm not doing it right or this is the problem. I can't get a reading on any of them

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2020, 08:16:42 PM »
hmm....I had to edit what I wrote...read again and try.

If you're not getting the proper voltages, the machine won't power up.

At the very, when you hit the power switch, the fluorescent lighting (3 lamps) should come on.

Your 3 fuses from top to bottom should be...6 Amps, 8 Amps, and 6 Amps.

They should be "Quick Blow" fuses too...not slow burning automotive fuses.

"Quick blow" fuses have a very thin filament inside the glass tube.

Can you show me your multi meter?

If you put the dial on continuity, it buzzes a tone when the leads are touching each other?

Make sure the power switch is on?

Might sound like dumb questions but we're checking all bases here

Offline jpm2175

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2020, 08:31:59 PM »
tried to send pic of meter. no questions are dumb I am a beginner and appreciate the help

Offline jpm2175

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2020, 08:43:25 PM »
I will do some homework on how to use meter and get back to you. not allowing me to send pic

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2020, 08:52:41 PM »
when you hit "Attachments and other options" in the green letters below, it opens up a "Browse" box that you can hit to find a picture on you phone or computer you want, to attach to a Reply in a topic.

Only limitation is that the pic can't be larger than 1000KB...

I use paint.net to  reduce oversized photos or to make drawings like I did above in Reply #9 ^^^^

Offline jpm2175

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2020, 09:10:26 AM »
best I can tell with meter from left to right. 13.6, 15.1,17.20 and 18.9. most seem way too high

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2020, 10:58:29 AM »
best I can tell with meter from left to right. 13.6, 15.1,17.20 and 18.9. most seem way too high
I get the readings by pushing the positive red lead of my multimeter into the top of the Molex connector to touch a pin inside.

Your digital meter needs to be on the VAC setting....put the dial at 200 VAC.
or

Your analog meter readings are from a multi-meter that has a needle with multiple voltage graphs?

I want to try this now...I haven't used an analog meter in 20 years!
I don't even think I have one? lol

Anyway, it DOES sound like you have power going to the motherboard...we have to try something else.

Offline jpm2175

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2020, 11:18:26 AM »
I'm all ears if you have any ideas. do you think I fried the eprom when I put it in backwards. seemed to all start after that. if so I'll need a new one. thanks. and btw the 3 lights come on and the bv does it's thing at start up that's it.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2020, 11:41:12 AM »
Yes you probably fried it putting it in backwards.

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2020, 11:42:40 AM »
Sounds like the 24volts is working because of the 3 fluorescent lighting coming on.

Post a WTB ad in the Classifieds section of NLG for a new chip...

I'm sure someone will have one for ya.

Be specific and to the point.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal